Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Samsung Galaxy S10 up to $400 off w/ trade in (+ additional discounts too)

Mar 9, 2008
362 posts
51 upvotes
Online said it 0 dollars value for the trade in for Costco online.
Images
  • E54A435E-9A33-4814-9E72-19A5A0BB7DDB.png
Dec 29, 2012
671 posts
291 upvotes
Toronto
Mr. Robo wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2019 11:33 am
So when you preordered in store, they took your flip phone to get $200 off and you gave them a deposit of $50.
You don't give them the old phone until you go to pick up the S10.
Feb 14, 2019
28 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
OmarE57892 wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2019 9:47 am
I was planning on cancelling my Samsung preorder and do the Costco route with the cashback. I didn't realize the Costco deal has tax applied on the full amount, negating any cost savings depending on your trade in and if you collect Aeroplan
Yes true, didn't think about this, but if you are an EXEC member you would get 2% back, so that should be considered too.
eh...
Jan 19, 2014
10 posts
22 upvotes
Has anyone ever got the $200 credit with TELUS or Rogers Employee Purchase Plans EPP through their work corporate plans? I called TELUS EPP and they said there is no such offer! My CIBC EPP plan gets me the S10 plus on 10gb plan for $90/month.
Mar 15, 2018
27 posts
2 upvotes
Are they accepting SPC on this? I heard they werent...but from what I remember last year they allowed it on S9 series launch.
Aug 15, 2009
361 posts
179 upvotes
Montreal
Gangsta101 wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2019 12:15 pm
International version. That is usually the case. And best part is that it's Dual Sim. If my phone wasn't being paid for by my company, I'd jump all over this.

EDIT: It might be cheaper because it uses the Exynos chipset designed by Samsung themselves. Meaning they don't have to pay as much to Qualcomm. But that's just me speculating
No warranty from Samsung US/Canada and no Samsung pay (if you use it). That's why it's not expensive.
Mar 2, 2019
2 posts
Calgary
Is it just for new Costco member only for 3x aeroplan? And seems only has black color on Costco.ca? I do like white one.
Oct 31, 2011
153 posts
14 upvotes
masterbash wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 10:11 pm
Do you guys think I can trade in my Verizon Galaxy S5? I bought it on ebay a few years ago

I selected "Galaxy S5 Other" from the list and entered the IMEI. I was able to proceed... but I don't know if they will accept it once they get the phone... hmm.
Anyone know? I bought it on Ebay canada, it was shipped from Montreal. No idea if that qualifies as purchased in Canada... Technically, it does, but it was made for Verizon. It does not mention anything about being made for a US mobile carrier.

I went to a Value Village, I had no luck finding a cell phone there.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1846 posts
320 upvotes
How does this trade in work for preorders? It doesn't actually say how and where to trade in the old phone if you purchase online. Best Buy does not allow in store pickup for this preorder, for example. Would you have to mail it in? At whose expense? I've read that trade in document and can't find anything.
Mar 2, 2019
2 posts
Calgary
For the 3x aeroplan just for new Costco members only? And seems only have black color on Costco.ca? I do like white color
Mar 5, 2008
328 posts
75 upvotes
You get a prepaid label in an email eventually to send your old phone in.
Nov 30, 2016
226 posts
186 upvotes
Mississauga
masterbash wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2019 4:36 pm
Anyone know? I bought it on Ebay canada, it was shipped from Montreal. No idea if that qualifies as purchased in Canada... Technically, it does, but it was made for Verizon. It does not mention anything about being made for a US mobile carrier.

I went to a Value Village, I had no luck finding a cell phone there.
LOL. That is stretching the definition of "purchased in Canada". What they are after is the Canadian model ending in 'W'. This Verizon is definitely a US model and would fall under other.
I just got a phone off Kijiji and will head into a freedom mobile store tomorrow. The CSR confirmed the trade in discount will reduce my monthly premium. Might end up going for a 512GB model
Jul 3, 2008
33 posts
5 upvotes
Missisauga
I have an S8+ with a cracked screen, it says $50 + $200 promo when preordering. Is this the best deal I can get?

Any possibility of better deals later this month?