Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Samsung

Samsung Galaxy S10 up to $400 off w/ trade in (+ additional discounts too)

Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10213 posts
11275 upvotes
AtifM10644 wrote: XDA is bunch of cheap creeps and probably none of them has or even ordered the phone. I just called the store that has my phone and they confirmed it's dual sim and unlocked, case closed.
Case is only 'closed' when someone confirms you can put two sims in the phone and it works.

I don't know why people forget this, but I'll remind everyone: salespeople lie. They lie by omission. They lie by lack of knowledge. And sometimes they lie to get the sale.

The people that work at the Samsung store are salespeople.

Therefore: expect them to lie.

I can't find a SINGLE place, including Samsung Canada's website, that lists 'dual sim' as a feature. I can't find a single review that mentions dual sim.

Again, once you pick up your phone, put two sims in it (assuming the tray allows that) and confirm it's actually showing two sims. Many here will appreciate it.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2010
1463 posts
414 upvotes
repatch wrote: Case is only 'closed' when someone confirms you can put two sims in the phone and it works.

I don't know why people forget this, but I'll remind everyone: salespeople lie. They lie by omission. They lie by lack of knowledge. And sometimes they lie to get the sale.

I can't find a SINGLE place, including Samsung Canada's website, that lists 'dual sim' as a feature. I can't find a single review that mentions dual sim.

Again, once you pick up your phone, put two sims in it (assuming the tray allows that) and confirm it's actually showing two sims. Many here will appreciate it.
samsung-samsung-galaxy-s10-200-off-w-tr ... #p30652359
Once there was a real deal in front of me I did not cherish. Not until it went OOS did I learn to regret. There's no greater sorrow. If heavens would grant me another chance I would buy buy buy. If I must put down a quantity, I hope it is 10000
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
1130 posts
424 upvotes
Oakville
repatch wrote: Case is only 'closed' when someone confirms you can put two sims in the phone and it works.

Agreed.

Also, the dual sim model is Exynos based processor.

Like to see NA version screenshot showing dual sim.
Feb 19, 2019
160 posts
55 upvotes

That's because it has a new name, hybrid SIM.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.
Feb 19, 2019
160 posts
55 upvotes

Will do.
Feb 19, 2019
160 posts
55 upvotes
But wow, that means no one here on 66 pages of posts actually have the phone! Wth
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10213 posts
11275 upvotes
AtifM10644 wrote: That's because it has a new name, hybrid SIM.
'hybrid SIM' is not a new name. Usually it's followed by the word 'tray', so: Hybrid SIM Tray.

This signifies that the tray can accept two SIMs, or one SIM and uSD card.

I can't find ANY source that says the CANADIAN version of the S10 has a hybrid SIM tray (the international version DOES).

Again, if it were dual sim, I can't IMAGINE that NONE of the reviews I've read and viewed haven't mentioned that feature.

You can hope all you want, but so far, I've seem nothing indicating a change from status quo.
Feb 19, 2019
160 posts
55 upvotes
Lobloco wrote:
Agreed.

Also, the dual sim model is Exynos based processor.

Like to see NA version screenshot showing dual sim.
I read reviews that mentioned it has a Snapdragon 855 and a hybrid SIM!

Let me try to find one of those reviews.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2199 posts
4616 upvotes
Mississauga
Base Features

Wireless Carrier: Unlocked
Product Condition: New
Bluetooth: Yes
Dual SIM Card: No
Memory - Built-in 128 GB
Memory - Expansion Up to 512GB
CPU Octa-core Snapdragon 855
RAM Size 8 GB
Phone Operating System Android 9.0 (Pie)
SIM Card Nano SIM
Battery Type Rechargable Lithium Ion

According to the specs page.
Telus $30/75gb US-Canada Plan x 3 lines, $10/Talk& Text line - 24 mths
VVM, 2000 LD minutes, CAN-Int'l Text ($0), 0$ AppleWatch, 5$ CAN-US only Tablet
Rogers $48.99 /24 mths, Ignite 1.5G internet
CIBC, Tang and EQ
Feb 14, 2007
961 posts
316 upvotes
I have a Rogers black 512 s10+ in hand... the phone no way in hell is dual sim. Even if u force a dual sim tray in the phone it will not work.. there’s not even options in the phone for sim 2
Feb 19, 2019
160 posts
55 upvotes
wai_lai416 wrote: I have a Rogers black 512 s10+ in hand... the phone no way in hell is dual sim. Even if u force a dual sim tray in the phone it will not work.. there’s not even options in the phone for sim 2
Can you take a photo of the sim tray and post it please?
Feb 19, 2019
160 posts
55 upvotes
AtifM10644 wrote: Can you take a photo of the sim tray and post it please?
Also why not try to place your sim in the SD card slot.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2016
1569 posts
1156 upvotes
Here's a picture of the SIM tray from my S10 128GB I got through Telus.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Apr 19, 2009
151 posts
147 upvotes
Vancouver
It's not dual SIM in Canada. End of story
May 22, 2015
498 posts
366 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone having issues being able to see sensors inside the screen in bright light conditions?
Images
  • 90524015521030100.jpg
  • 90524015521030101.jpg
Feb 14, 2007
961 posts
316 upvotes
AtifM10644 wrote: Also why not try to place your sim in the SD card slot.
How... the SIM card is taller by like 1mm than the sdcard slot.. even look at the picture above another guy posted.. the hybrid sim tray they made a tiny notch on the card slot to fit the sim.. ours don’t have that.. anyone that can prove they have a North American s10 plus that have dual sim I’ll gladly pay them $100 have to be from a North American big box retailer not like the guy that said I bought it from us but sourced from Samsung Latin America... have to be North American model number have to be a snapdragon
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
repatch wrote: Are you purposely trying to mislead people? That detail should have been with your picture.

ALL indications are the the phones sold in Canada are single SIM. Every spec I can find says single SIM. What is your motivation here?
I said the dual sim card can be evidenced by the sim tray with sim1 and sim2 written on it.

If you bought a Canadian version and there is no sim2, it is kinda obvious you have no dual sim feature.

The picture speaks a thousand words and never did I say I bought mine in Canada.

My post just informs people how to determine a dual sim card version from what isn't.

If you got confused, you must be reading too much from my post lol. It was confirmed so many times that the ones sold in Canada are non dual sim versions.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2006
1429 posts
1128 upvotes
Alberta
alanbrenton wrote: I said the dual sim card can be evidenced by the sim tray with sim1 and sim2 written on it.

If you bought a Canadian version and there is no sim2, it is kinda obvious you have no dual sim feature.

The picture speaks a thousand words and never did I say I bought mine in Canada.

My post just informs people how to determine a dual sim card version from what isn't.

If you got confused, you must be reading too much from my post lol. It was confirmed so many times that the ones sold in Canada are non dual sim versions.
Phone sold in Canada AND US is not dual SIM.
Your phone is from Latin America. It's exynos chip not snapdragon sold specifically in US and Canada. So your initial post lacked details until the follow-up post where you stated it's Latin America version. It's known fact that the international ( non north American) version is dual sim.
Last edited by shinku on Mar 9th, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)