Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Samsung Galaxy S10 up to $400 off w/ trade in (+ additional discounts too)

Jan 27, 2013
34 posts
14 upvotes
Brossard
lins123 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 10:20 am
I just got off chat with a CSR. They stated that they were trying to get all orders placed before Feb 28 shipped out before March 8. So I guess we'll know by tomorrow.
They told me same thing. People who ordered before feb 28 are supposed to get their phones this week. The rest will be next week.
Feb 19, 2019
86 posts
18 upvotes
If the phone I ordered had no dual SIM, I'm not taking it. I was thinking all S10 models have a hybrid SIM/SD card tray, where you either insert a second SIM or an SD card!
Oct 28, 2006
526 posts
240 upvotes
Alberta
Bergen0891 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 1:31 am
Are they offering a Dual SIM version?
Mr. Robo wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 10:04 am
Look for a Dual SIM, here you go.

https://pdaplaza.ca/collections/samsung ... ack-global
Pda plaza takes upwards of a month to ship and they import them from China.
I like the Samsung exynos chip as it typically gives you longer battery life in day to day usage, however the chipset is missing couple LTE bands for north America esp the one for freedom mobile as well as one for Telus/bell/Rogers high speed lte. I'll have to double check to see which bands it's missing and update it here
Also no Samsung pay, I use it often from payment to club cards
One major issue no warranty and even if you have a credit card that doubles warranty it won't cover it as these are considered "grey" market phones.
Jun 5, 2007
25 posts
10 upvotes
Markham
I preordered with Rogers on Feb 21 but like I posted earlier, I'm on position 31 and as of today, my status is still "open"...
Sep 2, 2018
524 posts
604 upvotes
Blainville, QC
Never understood what people see in these atrociously priced phones. Like someone said, as expensive as 1 month's rent. 99.9% of use cases are super well covered by the average $150-200 devices like the Moto X4 or the Moto G. What do people do extra with a $1000+ phone that they will anyway upgrade in a year or two (like the rest of us $200-phone users)? Feel free to "downvote" this comment, but smartphone pricing is getting way out of hand while giving only incremental/marginal "upgrades" in return. Sometimes just pure gimmicks (I'm looking at you, you silly folding screen).
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9419 posts
447 upvotes
sid8tive wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 11:16 am
Never understood what people see in these atrociously priced phones. Like someone said, as expensive as 1 month's rent. 99.9% of use cases are super well covered by the average $150-200 devices like the Moto X4 or the Moto G. What do people do extra with a $1000+ phone that they will anyway upgrade in a year or two (like the rest of us $200-phone users)? Feel free to "downvote" this comment, but smartphone pricing is getting way out of hand while giving only incremental/marginal "upgrades" in return. Sometimes just pure gimmicks (I'm looking at you, you silly folding screen).
People value different things. It's like do people only buy corollas since they do the same thing that BMWs and Audis do?
Sep 2, 2018
524 posts
604 upvotes
Blainville, QC
rems wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 11:23 am
People value different things. It's like do people only buy corollas since they do the same thing that BMWs and Audis do?
Agreed. My comment's intent is in no way to judge anyone :) To each their own.
Jun 14, 2017
34 posts
7 upvotes
Has anyone been through the pickup process for pre-orders in the past? How bad will the lineups be tomorrow?
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
3116 posts
432 upvotes
GTA
darwm13 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 11:04 am
They told me same thing. People who ordered before feb 28 are supposed to get their phones this week. The rest will be next week.
Ordered in the 26th, still hasn't shipped *sigh*
Also shipped my trade in phone to them last week and they say it still want received on their website but UPS says it was delivered last week.
Last edited by shabby on Mar 7th, 2019 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 29, 2012
590 posts
242 upvotes
Toronto
n0nsensgam wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 11:34 am
Has anyone been through the pickup process for pre-orders in the past? How bad will the lineups be tomorrow?
If you ordered from the Samsung store you have to set an appointment to pick it up, so I don't think it'll be that bad
Feb 26, 2018
67 posts
174 upvotes
n0nsensgam wrote:
I did it at the SES at Eatons last year for the S9+, it's fairly quick and painless. last year there weren't even any time slots. this year i was given a 9-10am time slot, told them I definitely can't make it that time and need to schedule it for lunch time or after 5pm, and they said it's fine and doesn't matter lol
Dec 15, 2012
66 posts
12 upvotes
Mississauga
n0nsensgam wrote:
yesnomaybe wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 11:39 am
If you ordered from the Samsung store you have to set an appointment to pick it up, so I don't think it'll be that bad
When I pre-ordered mine in store the rep said they're booking appointments so it's a bit more civil than in the past. He said with an appointment you'll be able to join a shorter line than if you don't. The last pre-order pickup appointment at Sherway is 8-9pm, considering they close at 9pm it can't be that long of a wait...right...?
Mar 24, 2011
532 posts
73 upvotes
Vancouver
So it's weird that when I choose the Samsung S10E, I am only getting a pre-order bonus of $100 instead of $200 ?

After trade-in of $110 and bonus of $200, I pay for the S10 at $949.99
After trade-in of $110 and bonus of $100, I pay for the S10E at $809.99

Isn't getting the S10 more worth it than since I only get $100 off with the S10E or is there something wrong I am doing? Thanks guys.. it's the last day to pre-order today and I might go down to the Metrotown Van location to check out both phones if the S10 is too big for me.
Also does anyone get the Samsung Care+ Protection Plan? I never actually got it before on my Samsung phones S7E and S3 and both worked fine without it till today.