Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Samsung Galaxy S10 up to $400 off w/ trade in (+ additional discounts too)

Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4133 posts
3707 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: So I decided against Rogers' Corporate sale for the S10+, I may use the $500USD credit on Amazon.com to buy it outright from there.

So folks, you gain a tremendous 80+% performance gain going from the SD 835 to SD 855 (S8 to S10). The jump from 845 to 855 is 20% to 25%, still significant.

Source: https://www.theinsightrr.com/smartphone ... in-2-mins/

God bless.
You do know that looking at ONE are of one benchmark rarely gives a good idea of performance?

You do realize that CPU performance is FAR from the only element of a phone that affects user experience?

An 80% increase in CPU performance does NOT translate into anything nearing that number in real life performance.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12837 posts
13566 upvotes
repatch wrote: You do know that looking at ONE are of one benchmark rarely gives a good idea of performance?

You do realize that CPU performance is FAR from the only element of a phone that affects user experience?

An 80% increase in CPU performance does NOT translate into anything nearing that number in real life performance.
Buddy, not to defeat your point, but we know this, and Antutu has tried to replicate more real world performance in their benchmarks over the past few years. They're still synthetic, but they're the benchmark of benchmarks for many folks. Finally, this isn't just CPU scores, the second graph has CPU, GPU, UX, and Memory.

Folks love to complain sometimes.
Oct 9, 2007
134 posts
21 upvotes
Canada
pegasus123 wrote: I preordered with Rogers on Feb 21 but like I posted earlier, I'm on position 31 and as of today, my status is still "open"...
Looks like Rogers Rep was right! If it has not been shipped by now, its safe to say it wont be ready for pickup tomorrow (my friend is position 11 and I am 75, still open on both).
Looks like majority of people on all networks that pre-ordered anything except Black are on the same boat.
Dec 7, 2012
21 posts
8 upvotes
raul7 wrote: Looks like Rogers Rep was right! If it has not been shipped by now, its safe to say it wont be ready for pickup tomorrow (my friend is position 11 and I am 75, still open on both).
Looks like majority of people on all networks that pre-ordered anything except Black are on the same boat.
I pre-ordered the S10 white last Wednesday on Fido and the store in Quebec received it yesterday. I was initially 42nd. but yeah, YMMY
Oct 9, 2007
134 posts
21 upvotes
Canada
Sirocco wrote: I pre-ordered the S10 white last Wednesday on Fido and the store in Quebec received it yesterday. I was initially 42nd. but yeah, YMMY
interesting, majority (from the very few who actually got it) of those who got it in White seem to be on Fido!
Jun 14, 2017
40 posts
9 upvotes
jawnamuffins wrote: I did it at the SES at Eatons last year for the S9+, it's fairly quick and painless.
I hope so. Will be picking up at the Yorkdale location.

rockstar93 wrote: When I pre-ordered mine in store the rep said they're booking appointments so it's a bit more civil than in the past. He said with an appointment you'll be able to join a shorter line than if you don't.
The rep actually told me the opposite. Told me that the appointments were for phone data transfers and that if you didn't need that service, showing up just to pickup the pre-order would be quicker..
Dec 15, 2012
73 posts
19 upvotes
Mississauga
n0nsensgam wrote: The rep actually told me the opposite. Told me that the appointments were for phone data transfers and that if you didn't need that service, showing up just to pickup the pre-order would be quicker..
Interesting - thinking back the rep may have asked me what phone I was coming from (Samsung S6) right before asking to book the appointment so that could be true. In any event I don't need that service so I'll just join the shorter line when I get there lol.
Nov 4, 2013
187 posts
125 upvotes
North York, ON
Anyone with the prism white get a ship notification yet? From Samsung.ca
Aug 7, 2005
37 posts
3 upvotes
Calgary
For anybody who pre-ordered online with Costco, my pre-ordered Blue 128gb S10 from Costco.ca was delivered today! Looking forward to unboxing it when I get home. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Apr 26, 2017
16 posts
YEG
contactgreg wrote: Anyone with the prism white get a ship notification yet? From Samsung.ca
Not yet, S10+ Prism White 128gb still on processing...
Jun 4, 2012
562 posts
162 upvotes
Calgary
Chinch wrote: For anybody who pre-ordered online with Costco, my pre-ordered Blue 128gb S10 from Costco.ca was delivered today! Looking forward to unboxing it when I get home. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Yup, my S10+ from Costco is expected this afternoon/evening.... unfortunately I'm working until 2 AM though 🤨
Oct 28, 2006
568 posts
275 upvotes
Alberta
BadSitcoms wrote: Anyone recommend a light weight case for the S10 or S10E ?
I have always used spigen thin fit on all my Samsung s series. It doesn't add any bulk to the phone as some of the cases make the phone feel more wider esp the plus series.
And it's usually around $15.
Apr 19, 2009
101 posts
70 upvotes
BadSitcoms wrote: Anyone recommend a light weight case for the S10 or S10E ?
I'm a big fan of the Spigen Liquid Air. I've had one on my S10+ for a few days and you barely notice it's on the phone plus you can see the attractive white colour.