Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Samsung Galaxy S10 up to $400 off w/ trade in (+ additional discounts too)

Penalty Box
Apr 21, 2004
51746 posts
16258 upvotes
AtifM10644 wrote: I'd like a link to that eBay seller, might resort to buying from him for the dual SIM option.
The seller told me he will handle the warranty for me if something happens (but usually if these phones are protected and aren't dropped they usually are quite reliable) because the warranty card said Lat Am and US Virgin Islands. Before I made the purchase, he told me it has US warranty so not sure why he was so desperate to sell. He also confirmed it was the SD855 but clearly isn't so I told him I was waiting for a reasonable partial credit. I might have to escalate with paypal in case he plays hard ball but I have 180 days buyer protection. I have no intention of extorting hundreds of USD but just a reasonable amount. :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SAMSUNG-GALAXY ... 2749.l2649

The reason I bought on ebay was I received the 10% ebay bucks on one of two accounts. If I didn't get $95 in ebay bucks, I would have just bought the unit in Canada because the difference would just be about $100 CAD.

Unless you really want dual SIM, I would suggest you stick with US or Canadian models for warranty purposes but I really haven't had any issues with any cellphones except the potential battery bloat on our 6s phones (bought in the US) that was replaced by Apple Canada.
Last edited by alanbrenton on Mar 9th, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 28, 2006
568 posts
275 upvotes
Alberta
AtifM10644 wrote: I'd like a link to that eBay seller, might resort to buying from him for the dual SIM option.
Lot of times I've seen rfders post pdaplaza for phone purchasing
Here is link to what they have and are selling global version 128gb to 1tb

https://pdaplaza.ca/search?q=S10

Unfortunately like the ebay sellers these phones have no Canadian or US warranty.
Feb 19, 2019
86 posts
18 upvotes
To be honest, I never claimed warranty on anything I bought in my life, these things only go bad after warranty expires anyway, there's a reason why warranty companies make millions lol
Feb 19, 2019
86 posts
18 upvotes
But why would the staff in the store and the agent on support chat say that the phone is dual sim? They even mentioned that the phone has hybrid sim, and they took time to relay the information which means they got it from somewhere on their system! I don't understand.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
5245 posts
1044 upvotes
komal wrote: Minimum $25 trade in value, which in terms of a Galaxy S, means it has to be at least a Galaxy S5, so no, not any crappy phone.
The $25 minimum was for carrier phones with 2 yr contracts, & they bumped it by $300. If you bought from Samsung store or Samsung online during preorder period, it was any crappy phone for $200 bonus with no contract. I know because I went with a few of my friends to the Samsung store when they picked it up
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4161 posts
3730 upvotes
shinku wrote: Lot of times I've seen rfders post pdaplaza for phone purchasing
Here is link to what they have and are selling global version 128gb to 1tb

https://pdaplaza.ca/search?q=S10

Unfortunately like the ebay sellers these phones have no Canadian or US warranty.
And don't support Samsung pay, VoLTE, and WIFI calling.
Feb 19, 2019
86 posts
18 upvotes
I just had a chat with Samsung Canada. It is very disappointing that they told me all Canadian S10 models are single SIM :(

So tomorrow I'm going to the Rogers store and will only accept this phone on my current plan and no more than $500 upfront. Of course that will never happen, which is good.

Guess I'll wait for OnePlus 7.
Aug 17, 2018
42 posts
15 upvotes
Too bad the wifey would should me since I already have the s8 plus :( I had a crappy phone that still works would've just traded it in! Ya'll lucky!
Oct 9, 2007
135 posts
23 upvotes
Canada
AtifM10644 wrote: I just had a chat with Samsung Canada. It is very disappointing that they told me all Canadian S10 models are single SIM :(

So tomorrow I'm going to the Rogers store and will only accept this phone on my current plan and no more than $500 upfront. Of course that will never happen, which is good.

Guess I'll wait for OnePlus 7.
I have been with Rogers long enough to know the Chat/Store pretty much know NOTHING ! I recall once they told me iPhone comes with SD card reader! lol

BTW, $500 for 512GB and ur current plan? hmmm would be miracle if you get it! good luck.
Feb 19, 2019
86 posts
18 upvotes
raul7 wrote:
BTW, $500 for 512GB and ur current plan? hmmm would be miracle if you get it! good luck.
I'm actually worried they will agree XD
The phone on ultra tab is $749, -$300 offer, -$35 trade in. And I'm on $75 10GB Can/US plan, they would do anything to put me on a share everything plan, because when I'm on BYOD plan I'm a customer that could slip away any minute, they want to lock me in for 2 years, me and million other customers.
Nov 27, 2016
40 posts
4 upvotes
I think best S10 ,s10+ offer is in bestbuy. 360 credit for trading in + trade in value. Got mine s10+ white today for 0 $ and got 100$ addition gift card for trading iphone 7. Had pre ordered with rogers but declined after they capped the offer to max 300 credit.
Dec 7, 2012
21 posts
8 upvotes
ktlove18 wrote: I think best S10 ,s10+ offer is in bestbuy. 360 credit for trading in + trade in value. Got mine s10+ white today for 0 $ and got 100$ addition gift card for trading iphone 7. Had pre ordered with rogers but declined after they capped the offer to max 300 credit.
How does the Best Buy offer work exactly? On the site they say " Trade in your phone to save up to $360 and get up to a $400 Best Buy gift card." How do they calculate? I went 2 weeks ago and they told me I'd get max 250$ off for my galaxy S6, which isn't better than what I'd get elsewhere. But the guy didn't seem like he knew very well either.
Nov 27, 2016
40 posts
4 upvotes
Sirocco wrote: How does the Best Buy offer work exactly? On the site they say " Trade in your phone to save up to $360 and get up to a $400 Best Buy gift card." How do they calculate? I went 2 weeks ago and they told me I'd get max 250$ off for my galaxy S6, which isn't better than what I'd get elsewhere. But the guy didn't seem like he knew very well either.
You will get 360 off for trading your phone and a gift card with the trade value for phone. You can use the gift card towards paying the remaining amount on phone.
Nov 3, 2018
31 posts
2 upvotes
ktlove18 wrote: You will get 360 off for trading your phone and a gift card with the trade value for phone. You can use the gift card towards paying the remaining amount on phone.
Do you have to sign up with phone plan, or can to buy the phone outright and get the $360 and gift card directly from Bestbuy?