Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Samsung

Samsung Galaxy S10 up to $400 off w/ trade in (+ additional discounts too)

Feb 14, 2007
961 posts
316 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: Had you traded it in the US, you would have gotten $130 USD e-cert on Samsung.com and you could have bought this:
https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobil ... 100csegus/

If you have EPP or perkspot, price would drop to $14.79 I believe.

They're well constructed and does fast charge the S10+ and quite reasonably priced after the discount.
130 e cert is only for ppl that preordered on samsung us so wouldn't matter
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
wai_lai416 wrote: 130 e cert is only for ppl that preordered on samsung us so wouldn't matter
I did register two email accounts and the other rfd fellow and I did think about going the US route. My wife has no use for many accessories though and I missed the preorder, even with an EPP, thanks to the ebay seller's misrepresentation.
Oct 9, 2007
218 posts
68 upvotes
Canada
Has anyone got Protection Plan for their phone?
Rogers is charging $13 a month + $174 repair or $400 if replaced.(lost/stolen) - First screen repair is free.

I could use my Credit Card, (I checked Terms and Condition and IT does cover cell phones - TD Visa) however, if the phone is stolen or need repair, They *ONLY* cover up to the price I paid for the phone, which is $659 (price of the phone with plan).

What do you guys think? worth it?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2005
9483 posts
285 upvotes
GTA
returning my s10, doesn't really stand out for me.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
3101 posts
3348 upvotes
raul7 wrote: Has anyone got Protection Plan for their phone?
Rogers is charging $13 a month + $174 repair or $400 if replaced.(lost/stolen) - First screen repair is free.
that's a lot of money for nothing. you better be pretty certain you'll break your phone. like if you break one phone per year then this would be a good idea. rich people with a history of breaking their expensive purchases should get this, but then again, rich people can afford just a full repair and don't need the theoretical savings
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37128 upvotes
mcbain27 wrote: returning my s10, doesn't really stand out for me.
Understandable, that's why the low key leader remains the S10e.

What is the reason for your return?
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Feb 14, 2007
961 posts
316 upvotes
raul7 wrote: Has anyone got Protection Plan for their phone?

I could use my Credit Card, (I checked Terms and Condition and IT does cover cell phones - TD Visa) however, if the phone is stolen or need repair, They *ONLY* cover up to the price I paid for the phone, which is $659 (price of the phone with plan).

What do you guys think? worth it?
Mine was worth as my replacement is only $200 and I already replaced an xs max 512gb that I replaced. It was later recovered by the cops and returned to me so I have an extra itouch or a spare phone when I travel outside of North America now as it’s permanately blacklisted and u can’t remove it as you already claimed a phone
Oct 9, 2007
218 posts
68 upvotes
Canada
wai_lai416 wrote: Mine was worth as my replacement is only $200 and I already replaced an xs max 512gb that I replaced. It was later recovered by the cops and returned to me so I have an extra itouch or a spare phone when I travel outside of North America now as it’s permanately blacklisted and u can’t remove it as you already claimed a phone
Well the replacement cost deepens on the price of your phone, for S10+ its Tier 5 device (price is between $1200 - $2300)
Monthly fee is :$13
Repair processing: $175
Replacement: $400.

I think its good to have for the first 6 month to 1 year, cuz think about it, after lets say a year,
if you claim for replacement, you have to pay $400 and ($13 x 12 months = $156) so total $556 to get a new S10+ in 1 year! I wonder how much the phone is going to cost in a years time!
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2568 posts
1093 upvotes
Seks wrote: bit the bullet today. s10e 8/256 for $530. telus canada-usa plan with 14gb for $98/monthly. not the best though. telus will ship the fone to me. i will be giving up my existing mtm old $70 6gb plan.
Well that was fast.

Ordered on evening of 18th on the Telus EPP website. Got an email this morning (20th) that has tracking #. When I check the tracking #, it showed that Purolator already tried to deliver to my door. So attempted delivery before I even got tracking # :facepalm: Checked my Telus app and sure enough, my plan got switched over today to the new one.
Aug 19, 2008
448 posts
359 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Understandable, that's why the low key leader remains the S10e.

What is the reason for your return?
Got the S10E, returned it right away. S10 feels and looks way better. S10E is such a waste of money, might as well just buy a $300 budget phone. You try way too hard to justify your S10E purchase. Almost every single post in this thread you raved about the S10E. If both phones weren't from the same company I would have thought you were being paid for the advertising.
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10207 posts
11264 upvotes
GTFO wrote: Got the S10E, returned it right away. S10 feels and looks way better. S10E is such a waste of money, might as well just buy a $300 budget phone. You try way too hard to justify your S10E purchase. Almost every single post in this thread you raved about the S10E. If both phones weren't from the same company I would have thought you were being paid for the advertising.
I have to concur. The S10E is an excellent phone, but, from a feature perspective, it doesn't really have anything to justify it's cost. About the only thing I can see is the ultrawide camera, it is a feature very dear to my heart, but that alone just doesn't 'do it' for me since there are FAR cheaper alternatives. The 855 doesn't really bring a 'real life' performance boost to regular users beyond what the 845 delivered.

The S10/10+ have the telephoto camera in addition to the UWA, plus the 'better looks' (not something I personally care about). There is a value for me in the third camera, and I can see myself one day going for that phone (perhaps), but right now, no chance, it's just too expensive.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37128 upvotes
Seks wrote: Well that was fast.

Ordered on evening of 18th on the Telus EPP website. Got an email this morning (20th) that has tracking #. When I check the tracking #, it showed that Purolator already tried to deliver to my door. So attempted delivery before I even got tracking # :facepalm: Checked my Telus app and sure enough, my plan got switched over today to the new one.
Complain to retention, they might kickback a free month or throw-in other freebies. I have mixed success myself (Rogers).
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Nov 3, 2018
33 posts
2 upvotes
Anyone know much Samsung phones drop in price later in price either for Black Friday or even next year? Trying to see if I wait a bit if prices will be better than the $200 off now.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2010
1463 posts
414 upvotes
Sqcups wrote: Anyone know much Samsung phones drop in price later in price either for Black Friday or even next year? Trying to see if I wait a bit if prices will be better than the $200 off now.
Amazon price history for S9:
https://ca.camel^3.com/Samsung-Unlocked-Smartphone-Titanium-SM-G960WZAAXAC/product/B079W8883J?context=search

It dropped by $100 on black friday.
Once there was a real deal in front of me I did not cherish. Not until it went OOS did I learn to regret. There's no greater sorrow. If heavens would grant me another chance I would buy buy buy. If I must put down a quantity, I hope it is 10000
Banned
Jul 9, 2018
126 posts
163 upvotes
usually i dont call people out but u dont even have the phone and honest ur post are getting annoying. Ive read through the entire thread and you are pushing so hard and dont even have the phone. Its a total misrepresentation for the people that have not read the thread and assume you actually are speaking from first hand experience
Mar 2, 2011
728 posts
410 upvotes
West
Hello. Where is the "best" place to outright buy the S10+? i.e. lowest cost.

I'm hoping some vendor in Canada is selling it. I found Swiftronics Canada have it for $1375.44 all in to Alberta.

Anyone know of a better place?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Buying online availing of the trade in offer does save us tax rate x credit.

In-store credit is deducted after tax but online, it definitely is before tax. I just confirmed looking at my cancelled online purchase and store bought unit.

$26 on a S10+ lol.

Just got a reminder about my trade in phone for a cancelled online order (refunded) right now haha.
Feb 14, 2007
961 posts
316 upvotes
raul7 wrote: Well the replacement cost deepens on the price of your phone, for S10+ its Tier 5 device (price is between $1200 - $2300)
Monthly fee is :$13
Repair processing: $175
Replacement: $400.

I think its good to have for the first 6 month to 1 year, cuz think about it, after lets say a year,
if you claim for replacement, you have to pay $400 and ($13 x 12 months = $156) so total $556 to get a new S10+ in 1 year! I wonder how much the phone is going to cost in a years time!
nah i have it grand fathered that paying $200 for any replacement $500 and up to $2200.. so $356 a year which is cheaper than getting a replacement screen.. i can literally smash the phone get a replacement and sell it.. so far from me and my friends experience it's been brand new phone for the higher end phones..
Feb 14, 2007
961 posts
316 upvotes
lil_dreams wrote: Hello. Where is the "best" place to outright buy the S10+? i.e. lowest cost.

I'm hoping some vendor in Canada is selling it. I found Swiftronics Canada have it for $1375.44 all in to Alberta.

Anyone know of a better place?
you can see if bestbuy is doing any trade in promo for koodo now that they dont' have the free buds anymore like the other carrier trade minimum $0-25 and get $300 off.. if that's the case then probably getting it on a large tab with trade in and then cancelling is the cheapest

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)