Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Samsung Galaxy S10 up to $400 off w/ trade in (+ additional discounts too)

Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
5725 posts
1855 upvotes
thadsan wrote: Hey guys, does anyone know if tempered GLASS or regular film screen protector will work with the fingerprint scanner on S10/+?
So far I am hearing only film ones work..while others say none work. Please confirm.
I thought I read the S10 comes with a pre-installed screen protector from Samsung, its on BestBuy Canada website

"Pre-Installed Screen Protector
Your new smartphone comes equipped with a screen protector designed uniquely for the Galaxy S10"

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/samsung-st ... #galaxys10
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
4951 posts
2041 upvotes
McMountain wrote: S10+ looks really good but too expensive for me.
What's unique about it? Maybe Note10 will be better.
Nov 17, 2006
159 posts
8 upvotes
I seen it on Samsung's website too that its comes with a preinstalled screen protector.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1231 posts
891 upvotes
Montreal
Spawk1028 wrote: Because I can...... Lol.... RFD police over here
Not policing but I find it fascinating for someone to click on a link for deal they are not interested in to bash a company without any valid criticism that sells quality products that you are in no way obligated to buy.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6452 posts
4989 upvotes
Amazing that people are just taking it and eagerly looking forward to a $1400 phone that will get outdated within a year. This is obscene. Everyone should give Samsung a good lesson and refuse to buy it. It is much wiser to buy a flagship from 1-2 years ago and will perform 99% as good. Or a cheap Xiaomi or Motorola, that will actually respect your budget.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54015 posts
18965 upvotes
Where do you see this minimum $200 trade in credit? I still have my Nokia Windows phone haha.

Is it only at Samsung corporate stores we can do this? I'm not too far away from Eaton Centre.

Edit:
Just found it. So the credit is a refund on the same method of payment?

https://www.samsung.com/ca/smartphones/galaxy-s10/buy/

SPECIAL
Get up to $200 off in addition to the trade-in value3

3) Conditions apply. Receive a credit of $100 or $200, plus the value of your trade-in device, when you: (1) pre-order an eligible Samsung Galaxy S10 device from February 20 to March 7, 2019 from a participating authorized carrier or retailer, Samsung Experience Store, or through http://www.samsung.com/ca/; (2) complete the associated purchase by April 30, 2019; and (3) trade in a device with a minimum $25 trade-in value or $0 trade in value depending on the participating carrier and retailer, Samsung Experience Stores or online at http://www.samsung.com/ca/. While quantities last. No rain checks. No cash value. Offer is subject to change or cancellation without notice. See full Terms and Conditions available at www.samsung.com/ca/promotions for additional details.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1853 posts
435 upvotes
Toronto
The credit is usually a credit card refund that's givne to you after a 3rd party that works wth samsung reviews your trade-in device. some people end up getting screwed over when the 3rd party says your device that should ahve given you 200$ has a slight scratch so they only give you like 50$. No way to refute it, too.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54015 posts
18965 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: Amazing that people are just taking it and eagerly looking forward to a $1400 phone that will get outdated within a year. This is obscene. Everyone should give Samsung a good lesson and refuse to buy it. It is much wiser to buy a flagship from 1-2 years ago and will perform 99% as good. Or a cheap Xiaomi or Motorola, that will actually respect your budget.
I do Uber so the dual gps receiver is heaven-sent to me. ;)
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54015 posts
18965 upvotes
funkdoobi wrote: The credit is usually a credit card refund that's givne to you after a 3rd party that works wth samsung reviews your trade-in device. some people end up getting screwed over when the 3rd party says your device that should ahve given you 200$ has a slight scratch so they only give you like 50$. No way to refute it, too.
Thanks.

Just trade in a worthless phone then and be happy with the $200 extra credit?

6s at $125 is a joke.
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14659 posts
4052 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: Amazing that people are just taking it and eagerly looking forward to a $1400 phone that will get outdated within a year. This is obscene. Everyone should give Samsung a good lesson and refuse to buy it. It is much wiser to buy a flagship from 1-2 years ago and will perform 99% as good. Or a cheap Xiaomi or Motorola, that will actually respect your budget.
Amazing that people are telling others what to do with their money.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Feb 4, 2019
265 posts
374 upvotes
Not everyone is on the same budget though. Some have more money to spend, some want the latest and greatest, some people don't like waiting and others have different priorities. For me, the camera has become super important because I like to travel; because of that, budget phones are off the table. For my older brother, he's just a Galaxy S loyalist on a two year renewal cycle. He can't wait for the new S10. He makes good money so that's not a huge issue for him.

For my younger brother, he's deep in the Apple ecosystem. However, he's a lot tighter with his money so getting the new Apple phone isn't an option for him so he's hunting for deals on the older models. And it's not like my younger brother makes way less money than my older brother, it's just that that is his nature.
Last edited by AGTOM83 on Feb 21st, 2019 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 3, 2010
799 posts
697 upvotes
I like how you took the price of the + model even though there are 3 new models.

Dunno what your definition of 'outdated' is considering the S8 lineup from 2 generations ago is still a more than capable phone.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6452 posts
4989 upvotes
AGTOM83 wrote: Not everyone is on the same budget though. Some have more money to spend, some want the latest and greatest, some people don't like waiting and others have different priorities. For me, the camera has become super important because I like to travel; because of that, budget phones are off the table. For my older brother, he's just a Galaxy S loyalist on a two year renewal cycle. He can't wait for the new S10. He makes good money so that's not a huge issue for him.

For my younger brother, he's deep in the Apple ecosystem. However, he's a lot tighter with his money so getting the new Apple phone isn't an option for him so he's hunting for deals on the older models.
Well actually budget phones are starting to have really, really good cameras. I'm thinking of the Redmi Note 7 in particular. The Pixel camera can be used with it for further improvement.

It's jarring to think that you can get 6 or 7 Redmi Note 7s for the price of a single S10.

I'm not trying to tell people what to do with their money, but I wonder if some people are not falling for the hype or marketing for features that ultimately they don't really need.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5088 posts
1884 upvotes
Toronto
Poutinesauce wrote:
Well actually budget phones are starting to have really, really good cameras. I'm thinking of the Redmi Note 7 in particular. The Pixel camera can be used with it for further improvement.

It's jarring to think that you can get 6 or 7 Redmi Note 7s for the price of a single S10.

I'm not trying to tell people what to do with their money, but I wonder if some people are not falling for the hype or marketing for features that ultimately they don't really need.
Let folks decide with their own wallet.

The S10 series brings ultra wide angle lenses which only LG phones featured. That's a big selling point for me who enjoys doing timelapses on road trips with a dash mount.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1853 posts
435 upvotes
Toronto
Poutinesauce wrote: Well actually budget phones are starting to have really, really good cameras. I'm thinking of the Redmi Note 7 in particular. The Pixel camera can be used with it for further improvement.
blah blah blah
Just because you're cheap doesn't mean others should be, too. If someone wants to drop $2000 on a phone, they will. Stop trying to convince people otherwise.