Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Samsung Galaxy S10 up to $400 off w/ trade in (+ additional discounts too)

Oct 9, 2007
125 posts
17 upvotes
Canada
AtifM10644 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 10:53 pm
I got my S10+ tonight from Rogers. $85/10GB. +$10 US/CAN, $849 +Tax for the phone. I think it's not bad a deal.
man that is amazing deal, i so want that ... how did you get the $10 US/CAN ? I talked to 3 different retention, they all say, impossible!!!!
Dec 29, 2015
6 posts
2 upvotes
Ordered S10 prism white 128gb from Samsung.CA on 3rd March. Delivered at home on the 13th. Amazing phone!!
Feb 14, 2007
672 posts
168 upvotes
lol so my iphone 7 32gb dropped from 235 to 215 to 155 now in trade in value even though i preordered on feb 20th.. so by the time i get my phone in april i figure it'll be down to $100 lol... so getting double screwed
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
11780 posts
12144 upvotes
wai_lai416 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 11:29 pm
lol so my iphone 7 32gb dropped from 235 to 215 to 155 now in trade in value even though i preordered on feb 20th.. so by the time i get my phone in april i figure it'll be down to $100 lol... so getting double screwed
You're making the right decision, I left a few years ago and the freedom is something I cherish.
Mar 5, 2008
333 posts
84 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 6:12 pm
Bud, ROM is way faster than microSD, 256GB of ROM is a lot of 4K video you can stream to any platform (plus loads of apps, audiobooks, podcasts, and business files). Reading off a good microSD card is still going to slow you down significantly, and I say this as a big fan of my 200gb Sandisk microSD.

Secondly, you want that rock solid 8GB RAM allotment, as I'm already hitting the 4GB RAM ceiling on my S8 Plus regularly due to being a power user on the go.

Ideally, I would get the S8+ Plus 12GB / 1TB like that OCD guy a couple of posts above me, but I'm not looking to break the bank and double my cost.

Right now, the hot take is that the Samsung S10e 8GB / 256GB is the baller deal at $849USD outright.
Yep I know internal memory is much faster, that's what I meant when I said in terms of capacity.

As a moderate user at best, I don't stream anything to other platforms, so basically the extra 128gb is merely extra space. The only thing I use storage for is music and photos (my apps don't amount to anything big). Is there anywhere where else I'd actually benefit from faster speeds?

It'd mainly be for the 2GB extra RAM so I wouldn't have to worry about maxing it out. Though coincidentally, I am also on a S8+ and I use 2.5/4GB, so realistically 6GB is likely more than enough for me. That said, I'd still pay for the extra 2GB of RAM if I wasn't also paying for 128gb more storage I don't really need.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
11780 posts
12144 upvotes
unfunk wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 11:37 pm
Yep I know internal memory is much faster, that's what I meant when I said in terms of capacity.

As a moderate user at best, I don't stream anything to other platforms, so basically the extra 128gb is merely extra space. The only thing I use storage for is music and photos (my apps don't amount to anything big). Is there anywhere where else I'd actually benefit from faster speeds?

It'd mainly be for the 2GB extra RAM so I wouldn't have to worry about maxing it out. Though coincidentally, I am also on a S8+ and I use 2.5/4GB, so realistically 6GB is likely more than enough for me. That said, I'd still pay for the extra 2GB of RAM if I wasn't also paying for 128gb more storage I don't really need.
I respect that.

The hope with any new phone is that it fills an ever greater niche in your life (as invasive as that sounds), making your life easier or more productive along the way. The ability to store all my necessary documents and media on my phone, and not on the cloud, are massive pluses for me. MicroSD cards help but I find they're too slow, too failure prone under heavy writes, and generally not very good for intensive use.

If you intend to keep your device for upwards of two years, you'll want 8GB RAM to protect against application RAM creep. I can't speak to whether you'll want 256gb ROM, but if you want the flexibility to store a significant portion of your files portably, you'll hamstring yourself if you go with 128GB... as I've already found out.

If none of this resonates with you, then the cheaper S10e at 6GB / 128GB will save you some money.
Oct 9, 2007
125 posts
17 upvotes
Canada
AtifM10644 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 10:53 pm
I got my S10+ tonight from Rogers. $85/10GB. +$10 US/CAN, $849 +Tax for the phone. I think it's not bad a deal.
Finally! I called again and the 4th guy added it for me on top of my $65 plan ($75 total), he said once I got my phone, I can switch to $85 plan like yours and 10 dollar would stay. Thanks for sharing your plan.
Feb 19, 2019
86 posts
18 upvotes
pentexplorer wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 10:58 pm
So $95 a month for 10gb + unlimited canada calling?
Unlimited Canada and US, calls and texts, 10GB data.
Feb 19, 2019
86 posts
18 upvotes
raul7 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 12:00 am
Finally! I called again and the 4th guy added it for me on top of my $65 plan ($75 total), he said once I got my phone, I can switch to $85 plan like yours and 10 dollar would stay. Thanks for sharing your plan.
Really? They were swearing on Mr Rogers grave that they can't do it anymore. I only got it on the $85 because I had it from before and I told them I will disconnect this line if I don't get it.
Feb 14, 2007
672 posts
168 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 11:31 pm
You're making the right decision, I left a few years ago and the freedom is something I cherish.
oh i'm a phone collector i go back and forth between iphone and samsung lol so to me no difference i have every single iphoen and galaxy s/note to date just happens i have a sealed one of each so don't wanna break it open so gonna keep using this glitchy iphone 7 XD
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
11780 posts
12144 upvotes
wai_lai416 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 12:29 am
oh i'm a phone collector i go back and forth between iphone and samsung lol so to me no difference i have every single iphoen and galaxy s/note to date just happens i have a sealed one of each so don't wanna break it open so gonna keep using this glitchy iphone 7 XD
Fair enough.

God bless.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1182 posts
400 upvotes
London, ON
Man I have it on pre-order still in the USA

I currently have the Mate 20 Pro , and the Google Pixel 2 XL ( though it is refurb from google )
The trade in in the states is amazing + the 130 gift certificate that is.

Not sure if it's worth the 900 $ CND, but also not sure if i could sell my pixel xl 2 and get a good coin in return.
Feb 19, 2019
86 posts
18 upvotes
Holy smokes, this thing is super fast, it downloads and installs updates a bunch at a time. And the ceramic finish is amazing.
Feb 14, 2007
672 posts
168 upvotes
sk1001 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 12:37 am
Man I have it on pre-order still in the USA

I currently have the Mate 20 Pro , and the Google Pixel 2 XL ( though it is refurb from google )
The trade in in the states is amazing + the 130 gift certificate that is.

Not sure if it's worth the 900 $ CND, but also not sure if i could sell my pixel xl 2 and get a good coin in return.
meh i have similar deal with the free galaxy buds + trade in another $200 extra credit.. it's a little less than what i would have got in the states but at least i get canadian warranty and stuff.. only thing is i get to wait for an eternity.. ive been complaining to them everyday.. coz it's ridiculous to have a preorder for a phone that you won't have on launch day when i'm the first person to preorder it.. and on top of that the bloody trade in drops every single week.. by the time i get the phone.. the trade in could have dropped to $100.. or i might have shattered lost my phone during that time =/
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
2029 posts
261 upvotes
Toronto
wai_lai416 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 2:04 am
meh i have similar deal with the free galaxy buds + trade in another $200 extra credit.. it's a little less than what i would have got in the states but at least i get canadian warranty and stuff.. only thing is i get to wait for an eternity.. ive been complaining to them everyday.. coz it's ridiculous to have a preorder for a phone that you won't have on launch day when i'm the first person to preorder it.. and on top of that the bloody trade in drops every single week.. by the time i get the phone.. the trade in could have dropped to $100.. or i might have shattered lost my phone during that time =/
Just curious, but what are you looking to accomplish by complaining to the CSRs everyday?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)