Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Samsung Galaxy S10 up to $400 off w/ trade in (+ additional discounts too)

Feb 14, 2007
672 posts
168 upvotes
wwedx wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 3:23 am
Just curious, but what are you looking to accomplish by complaining to the CSRs everyday?
Compensation for my trade in phone value dropping every week. At first they told me they will honour my trade in value. Which was originally $235, now they said they’ll give me a $50 on top of the $155 that it dropped to.. then they said they have no idea once the phone arrives because there’s no way for them to check trade in value from before. I asked if I could swap to the black instead of waiting 1 month for the white they told me yes but I won’t get the galaxy buds or the $50 trade in value on top that they were giving to off set the trade in value drop.

So in summary not only am I waiting 1.5 month for a preorder from day 0. Im also losing value on my trade in hence having to pay more with no absolute guarantee they’ll honor the previous trade in value coz they have no way of looking it up. I’m already losing $20 even if they give me the $50 on top of the $155 when it was originally $235. Also refuse to honor the compensation if I switch to something that’s in stock. I’d like in writing they will honor me the trade ins and so far they are unwilling to provide me that
Apr 29, 2006
359 posts
86 upvotes
Brampton
sk1001 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 12:37 am
Man I have it on pre-order still in the USA

I currently have the Mate 20 Pro , and the Google Pixel 2 XL ( though it is refurb from google )
The trade in in the states is amazing + the 130 gift certificate that is.

Not sure if it's worth the 900 $ CND, but also not sure if i could sell my pixel xl 2 and get a good coin in return.
My US preorder just shipped last night. Got the 128GB Prism White as well.
Oct 9, 2007
125 posts
17 upvotes
Canada
AtifM10644 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 12:07 am
Really? They were swearing on Mr Rogers grave that they can't do it anymore. I only got it on the $85 because I had it from before and I told them I will disconnect this line if I don't get it.
I said the same thing, I switch to AT&T if I don't get it . However, i am worried now, on my Roger app, it shows Unlimited US/CA for $10. Is it same for you? Are we sure this is going to replace Rome like home and is not just unlimited calls to US from Canada?
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2010
3213 posts
1109 upvotes
Mississauga
Got the notification for US pre order as well, way ahead of estimate. My amerifriend is not coming till April so might actualy have to ship my trade in to him
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
11778 posts
12143 upvotes
So I did some math here.

Amazon.com USA for the Samsung S10e 8GB / 256GB:

$849 USD (10e List Price)
- $500 USD (Amazon Credit)
+ $120.65 USD (Cross Border Fees)
+ $XX USD (Case)
+ $10.13 USD (Shipping)
==========================
$520.76 USD
- 50% (Billed to Corporate)
==========================
$260.38 USD Net

This isn't quite free, should I jump on it?
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
11778 posts
12143 upvotes
hvwozq wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 6:51 pm
The fingerprint scanner is worse than Touch ID first generation.
Ultrasonic pulses in this 1st gen aren't quite there yet. Maybe v2 on the S11 will fix this.

That said, most folks find it adequate. Another reason for me to lean S10e.
Feb 19, 2019
86 posts
18 upvotes
raul7 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 1:37 pm
I said the same thing, I switch to AT&T if I don't get it . However, i am worried now, on my Roger app, it shows Unlimited US/CA for $10. Is it same for you? Are we sure this is going to replace Rome like home and is not just unlimited calls to US from Canada?
That's the one my friend, no more $7/day for you XD
Nov 6, 2009
104 posts
45 upvotes
I exchanged my S10 for the S10e. Very happy with the choice. Fingerprint scanner on the S10 was a mess, slow and inconsistent. S10e is better in every way for me, perfect size, no curve edges, great fingerprint scanner, all the extra features of the S10 I don't miss. One thing though: coming from an S7 with an extremely high PPI, small text on S10e very close to the eye doesn't look as sharp. Will get used to it though.
Mar 24, 2011
672 posts
105 upvotes
Vancouver
Neverhood wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 10:41 pm
I exchanged my S10 for the S10e. Very happy with the choice. Fingerprint scanner on the S10 was a mess, slow and inconsistent. S10e is better in every way for me, perfect size, no curve edges, great fingerprint scanner, all the extra features of the S10 I don't miss. One thing though: coming from an S7 with an extremely high PPI, small text on S10e very close to the eye doesn't look as sharp. Will get used to it though.
Was this from the Samsung store? Did you get the 8gb/256gb upgrade? I am not sure I will miss the 3rd camera though.
Aug 17, 2018
440 posts
273 upvotes
Are the S10's selling well? There's no mention of the pre-order deal anymore yet the current offers / rebates remain the same with trade-ins right? $200 minimum for S10 / 10+ or $100 for s10e.

Just checked Virgin/Fido and they offering $300 or $200 (S10E) minimum trade-in. But its more expensive then going with Koodo or the Samsung store directly?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1182 posts
400 upvotes
London, ON
I went to pick up my phone from the Border today - and I have been playing with the phone - I removed the screen protector and registered my finger and the finger printer reader is as crappy as they say.

There are a few times it will just work , and then it fails 5-9 times in a row.

will work 3 times straight and again fail.

So i did a factory reset, and data wipe and cleared cache - same issue again -

Luckily i haven't sent my px2 yet in, so i might just return the s10+

hopefully they improve the finger printer scanner by the NOTE 10
Nov 6, 2009
104 posts
45 upvotes
pentexplorer wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 11:52 pm
Was this from the Samsung store? Did you get the 8gb/256gb upgrade? I am not sure I will miss the 3rd camera though.
Ye Samsung store. I got the base 6gb/128gb, more than enough for me. The 3rd lens is only a 2x optical telephoto lens, you can get pretty close to it with digital zoom. Might have been more worth it if it was a 3x zoom like the Huawei. The ultra-wide is way more useful.

All in all the 3rd camera is 'nice to have', so is a higher PPI, but the fingerprint sensor, size and ergonomics of the S10e are well worth the trade-off. Plus its cheaper.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)