Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Samsung Galaxy S10 up to $400 off w/ trade in (+ additional discounts too)

Newbie
Sep 22, 2009
94 posts
24 upvotes
Waterloo
I tried several scenarios on my S10e. It does wake up esp. when you have it upright but then once you lay down the phone, it goes back to sleep. I think it probably "wakes up" to initiate the facial recognition sensor. I had the facial sensor turn off and it still "wakes up" . Personally this is no big deal. Battery life has been good so far.
Newbie
Dec 3, 2017
49 posts
42 upvotes
z8008z wrote: I tried several scenarios on my S10e. It does wake up esp. when you have it upright but then once you lay down the phone, it goes back to sleep. I think it probably "wakes up" to initiate the facial recognition sensor. I had the facial sensor turn off and it still "wakes up" . Personally this is no big deal. Battery life has been good so far.
Its a setting called "lift to wake up" I turned it off.
Jr. Member
Feb 14, 2011
198 posts
114 upvotes
Canada
redflagdealsguy wrote: I've gone to a couple of forums looking into this problem, and invariably the vast majority are 10 and 10+ users complaining. Most of the 10e users so far claim not to suffer from the problem, though a small percentage claim otherwise (this is easily explained below).

On the 10e, folks pulling the phone out of one's pocket can accidentally unlock the screen as they contact the side sensor... giving the appearance that it was on the whole time. Truthfully, this isn't a problem, but may explain why a small percentage of 10e folks are confused and think they have the same issue.

Afraid your theory isn't holding water based on the preliminary anecdotes thus far.
Are you getting a comission on the 10e sales?
Jr. Member
Sep 20, 2007
126 posts
68 upvotes
For those of you annoyed with the fingerprint scanner on the s10/s10+, try registering BOTH thumbs as the SAME fingerprint.... Just saw this trick on YouTube and it has increased the success rate of unlocking... Still not as fast as the older style scanners, but higher success rate of unlocking.
Member
Jul 22, 2007
329 posts
76 upvotes
My s10 was having issues fingerprint unlocking, so I deleted my fingerprint stored and retried saving it.

This time I tried different angles each time, it's amazingly better.

I have had no misses/no match/ press harder messages.

I was gonna return it before this, now totally gonna keep it.

Over 40 unlocks since then no issues.
Sr. Member
Aug 15, 2009
629 posts
396 upvotes
Montreal
604al wrote: For those of you annoyed with the fingerprint scanner on the s10/s10+, try registering BOTH thumbs as the SAME fingerprint.... Just saw this trick on YouTube and it has increased the success rate of unlocking... Still not as fast as the older style scanners, but higher success rate of unlocking.
Since fingerprint readers exists, I've registered the same finger 2 times on 2 hands. It's alot more precise than one.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12961 posts
13717 upvotes
Ok, so I've been reading on how to mitigate the fingerprint reader issue on the S10 series.

Here is the summary.

1) Get the most recent updates.
2) Imprint left and right hand fingers (particularly thumbs).
3) Imprint your fingers at different angles.

The last two were just posted above me, but the same conclusions were reached on other large android forums. The fingerprint problem almost goes away when you do this (+95% match rate).
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 19, 2009
5914 posts
1704 upvotes
Scarborough
How's everyone finding the Galaxy buds? I'm guessing most people kept it instead of selling it to recoup some of the costs, but I could be wrong
Sr. Member
Feb 28, 2016
815 posts
461 upvotes
SkimGuy wrote: How's everyone finding the Galaxy buds? I'm guessing most people kept it instead of selling it to recoup some of the costs, but I could be wrong
I love mine, no regrets in keeping them. I find myself wearing them a lot more than I use to wear regular earphones.
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12920 posts
1729 upvotes
Toronto
I got $700 for my glitchy iPhone X trade in at Freedom yesterday for an S10+
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
4207 posts
606 upvotes
Toronto
SkimGuy wrote: How's everyone finding the Galaxy buds? I'm guessing most people kept it instead of selling it to recoup some of the costs, but I could be wrong
Did you get them for free?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2006
17890 posts
1865 upvotes
Woodbridge
I will be getting the Galaxy Buds for FREE since Samsung didn't get the 512GB Ceramic White in at launch.

Are they better than the IconX? I also got them for free with the Note 9 but since then I found them mediocre and certainly not worth the $299.99 price tag. I wish I just sold them.

How much are the Buds selling for?
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)

Top