Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Samsung Galaxy S10 up to $400 off w/ trade in (+ additional discounts too)

Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10172 posts
1115 upvotes
Brampton
raul7 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 1:42 pm
Did Rogers just drop the price of S10+ ?
It is showing as 649 now!!! with my $85 / 10GB plan, I wonder if I can still take the tradein credit?
Are you on a premium plus plan? I think you can do the trade in when you pick it up in store.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 59-0-0 and counting.
Oct 9, 2007
121 posts
16 upvotes
Canada
squall458 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 2:38 pm
Are you on a premium plus plan? I think you can do the trade in when you pick it up in store.
Premium plan, $85/10GB
Feb 14, 2007
669 posts
165 upvotes
659 is premium plus plan so I don’t think anything changed
Oct 9, 2007
121 posts
16 upvotes
Canada
wai_lai416 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 5:05 pm
659 is premium plus plan so I don’t think anything changed
Bro, i said "Premium Plan" !!! not plus! its $459 for Premium Plus.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10817 posts
10914 upvotes
raul7 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 5:18 pm
He's not listening. Both prices are excellent.

Nice mention, @raul7.
Feb 14, 2007
669 posts
165 upvotes
raul7 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 5:18 pm
It’s showing 459 on ultra I just called my friend to confirm. If u can get it on a *premium tab for 459 go ahead. Just called customer service and store they are all saying 459 is only on ultra tab. The site is wonky as fuk as it showed 459 no term for me earlier
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10817 posts
10914 upvotes
wai_lai416 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 5:33 pm
It’s showing 459 on ultra I just called my friend to confirm. If u can get it on a *premium tab for 459 go ahead. Just called customer service and store they are all saying 459 is only on ultra tab. The site is wonky as fuk as it showed 459 no term for me earlier
Someone should try and get Rogers to honor the 459 no term outright price.

Worth a shot.
Oct 9, 2007
121 posts
16 upvotes
Canada
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 5:41 pm
Someone should try and get Rogers to honor the 459 no term outright price.

Worth a shot.
Just to be clear,
on MY account, when I click on Upgrade Hardware, I get S10+ 128GB on my Premium Plan for $659 (used to be $859 until yesterday). This is NOT outright price. still goes on 2 year contract.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10172 posts
1115 upvotes
Brampton
I only see $659 on my premium plus plan. :( You guys are lucky!
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 59-0-0 and counting.
Feb 10, 2013
160 posts
47 upvotes
I've been wanting to join this conversation for a month, but just could never seem to login to the forums on my phone (immediately logs out).

Anyways, finally on a PC...

Last Friday I did see a drop in the exclusive offers for my wife's phone, as low as $129 for an s10. Went with the premium plus plan: $105/ month for 10GB and US roaming, $319 upfront - $300 trade in. Even though i have a white unit on reserve and ready at a Rogers store, I decided to jump on an available black unit at wirelesswave since they don't have a minimum trade in value and I was able to use a $0 phone instead of the s5 I have for my kids.

I used a spreadsheet to find the most economic solution and settled that even though she was already on the $65 10gb plan, even at the lowest outright cash price with trade in, it would take about 4 years to reach ROI. After two years on this new plan, I'll end up putting $960 on the phone, with only $50 down ($19 plus applicable taxes), minus any any real world equivalent savings I get by spending at least 9 days in the states per year and us calls+text (which is easy). After two years I'll reduce down or jump ship, hoping that the CRTC is able to get some competitive pricing in place by then. Rogers was willing to offer me a $55 4GB loyalty plan on my other line if I buyout (didn't take it) but if something like that is still available when my contracts end then that's a plus for me.

I'm pretty happy, a little worried about the negative chatter about the s10, but the telephoto lens was a must for us. I laugh when people say "oh but its not that different than just a 2x digital zoom".
You parents that like chasing close ups of your kids playing from a "safe distance" know what I'm talking about. haha.
Feb 14, 2007
669 posts
165 upvotes
Macgoober wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 12:40 pm
I'm guessing that's not available anymore? Who are you with?

Just a broken 3GS screen back in the day and the back glass on my S7. I guess I'm more concerned about the price of a screen replacement if I don't have a warranty, which from what I've seen is $300++. So not that much more than the Samsung protection plan unless you break your phone a lot
i was with rogers now the new protection plan i dunno if worth anymore.. i looked at the replacement cost it's $400 but mine will stay at $200 coz of grandfathered.. and they'll pay me out for anything regardless if it's a rogers phone or not
Mar 24, 2011
637 posts
98 upvotes
Vancouver
aingco wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 7:17 pm
I've been wanting to join this conversation for a month, but just could never seem to login to the forums on my phone (immediately logs out).

Anyways, finally on a PC...

Last Friday I did see a drop in the exclusive offers for my wife's phone, as low as $129 for an s10. Went with the premium plus plan: $105/ month for 10GB and US roaming, $319 upfront - $300 trade in. Even though i have a white unit on reserve and ready at a Rogers store, I decided to jump on an available black unit at wirelesswave since they don't have a minimum trade in value and I was able to use a $0 phone instead of the s5 I have for my kids.

I used a spreadsheet to find the most economic solution and settled that even though she was already on the $65 10gb plan, even at the lowest outright cash price with trade in, it would take about 4 years to reach ROI. After two years on this new plan, I'll end up putting $960 on the phone, with only $50 down ($19 plus applicable taxes), minus any any real world equivalent savings I get by spending at least 9 days in the states per year and us calls+text (which is easy). After two years I'll reduce down or jump ship, hoping that the CRTC is able to get some competitive pricing in place by then. Rogers was willing to offer me a $55 4GB loyalty plan on my other line if I buyout (didn't take it) but if something like that is still available when my contracts end then that's a plus for me.

I'm pretty happy, a little worried about the negative chatter about the s10, but the telephoto lens was a must for us. I laugh when people say "oh but its not that different than just a 2x digital zoom".
You parents that like chasing close ups of your kids playing from a "safe distance" know what I'm talking about. haha.
what about people like me on the fido 10gb/$65 plan? can i sub in for that?
Nov 27, 2016
102 posts
41 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:
Mar 18th, 2019 1:44 pm
Take lots of photos/videos in case they screw you over.

I was thinking of getting a used Note 8 but then I would only be saving $200-250 USD though there is that $130 ecert you can use to get those Samsung quick chargers for $15.99 or so.
Ya.... I probably won't trade it in to Samsung USA... it's just too risky and too much work.... can you explain about the quick chargers for $15.99?
Feb 24, 2017
37 posts
9 upvotes
What's the best contract plan by the major carriers out there for this phone.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
50618 posts
15415 upvotes
ZendlesS wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 1:16 am
Ya.... I probably won't trade it in to Samsung USA... it's just too risky and too much work.... can you explain about the quick chargers for $15.99?
Had you traded it in the US, you would have gotten $130 USD e-cert on Samsung.com and you could have bought this:
https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobil ... 100csegus/

If you have EPP or perkspot, price would drop to $14.79 I believe.

They're well constructed and does fast charge the S10+ and quite reasonably priced after the discount.

I didn't go the US route either, went with ebay route and got screwed lol. Said warranty was valid in the US and that it was for the SD855 variant. Turns out, it had Lat Am warranty and the Exynos and the silly seller didn't want to refund me $60, just enough to match an existing listing from a competitor. Returned the phone Saturday (in NY but had to pick up a few stuff and gasoline was 92 cents there anyway) and seller received it this afternoon, awaiting my refund. Bought the S10+ from the SES at Eaton Centre instead. About $250 more but at least my RBC Visa card doubles the warranty.