Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Samsung Galaxy S10 up to $400 off w/ trade in (+ additional discounts too)

Jul 9, 2018
60 posts
77 upvotes
usually i dont call people out but u dont even have the phone and honest ur post are getting annoying. Ive read through the entire thread and you are pushing so hard and dont even have the phone. Its a total misrepresentation for the people that have not read the thread and assume you actually are speaking from first hand experience
Mar 2, 2011
211 posts
57 upvotes
West
Hello. Where is the "best" place to outright buy the S10+? i.e. lowest cost.

I'm hoping some vendor in Canada is selling it. I found Swiftronics Canada have it for $1375.44 all in to Alberta.

Anyone know of a better place?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
50157 posts
15091 upvotes
Buying online availing of the trade in offer does save us tax rate x credit.

In-store credit is deducted after tax but online, it definitely is before tax. I just confirmed looking at my cancelled online purchase and store bought unit.

$26 on a S10+ lol.

Just got a reminder about my trade in phone for a cancelled online order (refunded) right now haha.
So many haters and naysayers here. It's almost as if the EV fans are not really EV fans for the sake of saving the planet, but rather just Tesla fans - Ted Schmitt (insideevs)
Feb 14, 2007
661 posts
141 upvotes
raul7 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 3:33 pm
Well the replacement cost deepens on the price of your phone, for S10+ its Tier 5 device (price is between $1200 - $2300)
Monthly fee is :$13
Repair processing: $175
Replacement: $400.

I think its good to have for the first 6 month to 1 year, cuz think about it, after lets say a year,
if you claim for replacement, you have to pay $400 and ($13 x 12 months = $156) so total $556 to get a new S10+ in 1 year! I wonder how much the phone is going to cost in a years time!
nah i have it grand fathered that paying $200 for any replacement $500 and up to $2200.. so $356 a year which is cheaper than getting a replacement screen.. i can literally smash the phone get a replacement and sell it.. so far from me and my friends experience it's been brand new phone for the higher end phones..
Feb 14, 2007
661 posts
141 upvotes
lil_dreams wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 11:39 pm
Hello. Where is the "best" place to outright buy the S10+? i.e. lowest cost.

I'm hoping some vendor in Canada is selling it. I found Swiftronics Canada have it for $1375.44 all in to Alberta.

Anyone know of a better place?
you can see if bestbuy is doing any trade in promo for koodo now that they dont' have the free buds anymore like the other carrier trade minimum $0-25 and get $300 off.. if that's the case then probably getting it on a large tab with trade in and then cancelling is the cheapest
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3614 posts
3127 upvotes
DealFinderR wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 11:26 pm
usually i dont call people out but u dont even have the phone and honest ur post are getting annoying. Ive read through the entire thread and you are pushing so hard and dont even have the phone. Its a total misrepresentation for the people that have not read the thread and assume you actually are speaking from first hand experience
You didn't call anyone out, since I've got no clue who you're talking about???
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10360 posts
10475 upvotes
The Samsung S10 5G is slated for an April 5th release.
Source: https://www.sammobile.com/2019/03/21/sa ... e-april-5/

Upsides:
- Larger Screen (6.7")
- Bigger Battery
- Four Back Cameras (3D Camera Inclusive)
- Front Cameras include 3D Camera

Downsides:
- No MicroSD

Reviewer complaints seem to circle around the device proving challenging to palm in one hand, ruling out most women and many men from comfortably using the device.

5G is currently is in pilot or pre-release in a number of US cities. Don't expect to see 5G networks live in Canada for another 2 to 3 years.
Jul 15, 2003
477 posts
352 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 8:17 am

Upsides:
- Larger Screen (6.7")
- Bigger Battery

Downsides:
- No MicroSD

Reviewer complaints seem to circle around the device proving challenging to palm in one hand, ruling out most women and many men from comfortably using the device.

5G is currently is in pilot or pre-release in a number of US cities. Don't expect to see 5G networks live in Canada for another 2 to 3 years.
No external storage? That's huge... WTF
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10360 posts
10475 upvotes
barcathegreat wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 8:34 am
Dumbest move since disco. It only has 8GB / 256GB. It appears this was a deliberate attempt to gimp this low production run device so it wouldn't overly compete with the Samsung S10+.

It'll be a flop like the Samsung Fold at $2000 USD.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6123 posts
1108 upvotes
repatch wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 10:04 pm
I have to concur. The S10E is an excellent phone, but, from a feature perspective, it doesn't really have anything to justify it's cost. About the only thing I can see is the ultrawide camera, it is a feature very dear to my heart, but that alone just doesn't 'do it' for me since there are FAR cheaper alternatives. The 855 doesn't really bring a 'real life' performance boost to regular users beyond what the 845 delivered.

The S10/10+ have the telephoto camera in addition to the UWA, plus the 'better looks' (not something I personally care about). There is a value for me in the third camera, and I can see myself one day going for that phone (perhaps), but right now, no chance, it's just too expensive.
DealFinderR wrote:
Mar 20th, 2019 11:26 pm
repatch wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 7:30 am
You didn't call anyone out, since I've got no clue who you're talking about???
Funny how he didn't mention names but his post described your posts nicely. LOL.
Dec 7, 2016
108 posts
68 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 8:17 am

Upsides:
- Larger Screen (6.7")
- Bigger Battery

Downsides:
- No MicroSD

That bigger battery will probably give you an insane battery life so long as youre not on 5G. Once on 5G though ....

5G looks hungry though. You know it must be bad if everyone (LG too) are finally doing 4000mah batteries, but just for 5G.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3614 posts
3127 upvotes
barcathegreat wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 8:34 am
I don't know, to me the fact that the network that works with that phone won't be available for YEARS in most places is a far bigger issue.

This, like the fold, isn't a product meant to sell. It's a beachhead product, a bragging product, in a few years Samsung will release the 3rd iteration, to a market that will actually be able to use it, and mention they were 'first' to 5G in all their marketing.

The same thing happened with LTE support in phones.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3614 posts
3127 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 8:40 am
Dumbest move since disco. It only has 8GB / 256GB. It appears this was a deliberate attempt to gimp this low production run device so it wouldn't overly compete with the Samsung S10+.

It'll be a flop like the Samsung Fold at $2000 USD.
The fold has already succeeded in it's purpose. It was never meant to 'sell', it's like a concept car at a car show.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6123 posts
1108 upvotes
RD274S wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 9:33 am
That bigger battery will probably give you an insane battery life so long as youre not on 5G. Once on 5G though ....

5G looks hungry though. You know it must be bad if everyone (LG too) are finally doing 4000mah batteries, but just for 5G.
That's pretty much what happened in the LTE days, which I can see it happening with 5G as well like you mention.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10360 posts
10475 upvotes
RD274S wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 9:33 am

Engineers can confirm this, but apparently 5G is energy hungry because of the high frequency bands involved in communication.

Other consequences:
- More mini-towers required (higher capital cost)
- Poorer building penetration
- Tot-mom NIMBY-ism (remains to be seen)

5G mini-towers are going up in neighborhoods and commercial areas across the densely populated NE and California.