Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Samsung Galaxy S10 up to $400 off w/ trade in (+ additional discounts too)

Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6098 posts
1050 upvotes
wai_lai416 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 12:28 am
nah they'll honor the $200 trade in deal i only wanted to trade in my glitchy iphone 7 that i was gonna get like $215+ $200 now it's like $155 + $200 i might as well just keep it and trade in my trash phone i have... the issue i have right now with them is the samsung online store have the phone available for shipping at least that's what i'm told.. yet the SES store never had a phone? so why would you allow preorder on a phone that you won't have at launch? if i knew the phone would not be available at launch i wouldn't have to pay express shipping for the stupid whitedome glass that's just sitting here collecting dust. i asked if i can just get a black one and they still honor me with the galaxy buds they flat out said no. nor are they going to do anything about the continuous drop of the trade in value for something that's not the customer's fault
I think that's enough whining for your pre-order man. Every time this thread pops up in my sub, I see your post complaining how you didn't get your pre-order and how you were first in line. Pre-order doesn't guarantee you get it on "day 1" on the release of the phone especially if the variant that you ordered are not even available yet. You'll get it once it's available. If you don't like how it works, just cancel it.
Aug 28, 2006
106 posts
16 upvotes
Edmonton
Invoke wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 1:08 am
If anyone is interested , I have a few broken phones. Can give it to for free , Scarborough area .
Define "broken". Are they just old? According to the samsung store, it must power on and the glass must be free of cracks. So if your broken phones have cracked screens it is disqualified from the trade in. Not sure if the other stores have the same policy
I love lamp.
May 2, 2015
273 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I had a chat with Samsung online rep and asked if I still need to send in the old phone if the value is $0. He said no need to send in trade-in device if I am not getting anything.
Feb 14, 2007
654 posts
140 upvotes
cy wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 4:35 am
I think that's enough whining for your pre-order man. Every time this thread pops up in my sub, I see your post complaining how you didn't get your pre-order and how you were first in line. Pre-order doesn't guarantee you get it on "day 1" on the release of the phone especially if the variant that you ordered are not even available yet. You'll get it once it's available. If you don't like how it works, just cancel it.
I made 3 or 4 comments about it mostly about how they are **** me over with trade in credits that they will not honor. The preorder doesn’t guaranteed day 1 nor should it be 1 month later. They set me up for the appointment to come in on launch day. Skipped couple of hrs from work to get in. Lined up for 30mins in line. Then told oh forgot to inform you the phone is actually not here yet. It’s available but we just didn’t get any?

It’s a forum for crying out loud I’m free to type what I want? Don’t like it unsub to the thread?
Last edited by Mars2012 on Mar 22nd, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reported/bypassing swear filter
Aug 28, 2006
106 posts
16 upvotes
Edmonton
Invoke wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 3:14 pm
It doesn't turn on .
That's useless for the trade ins then at least at SES stores. They told me the only requirement is no cracked screens and that it powers on
I love lamp.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6098 posts
1050 upvotes
wai_lai416 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 2:46 pm
I made 3 or 4 comments about it mostly about how they are **** me over with trade in credits that they will not honor. The preorder doesn’t guaranteed day 1 nor should it be 1 month later. They set me up for the appointment to come in on launch day. Skipped couple of hrs from work to get in. Lined up for 30mins in line. Then told oh forgot to inform you the phone is actually not here yet. It’s available but we just didn’t get any?

It’s a forum for crying out loud I’m free to type what I want? Don’t like it unsub to the thread?
Good, you got your point across in 1 post. No need to repeat it 3 or 4 times as you said. I am not the only one feel this way. The use of foul words in your post also proves the maturity of your language.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Mar 22nd, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit in quote
Feb 4, 2019
130 posts
134 upvotes
trijunction wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 2:13 pm
I had a chat with Samsung online rep and asked if I still need to send in the old phone if the value is $0. He said no need to send in trade-in device if I am not getting anything.
Yeah, I noticed this today. It looks like the automatic $200 off is dead. Hopefully those that didn't get their phone are still able to trade in.
Aug 28, 2006
106 posts
16 upvotes
Edmonton
the 200 off online always had a minimum $25 dollar value did it not? only in store did the rep tell me any pphone even old school flip phones or even something like nokia 3310 as long as it powers on and no cracked screen could be used to trade in even if its $0 value. I could've sworn samsung online's fine print mentioned there was a minimum value required for trade ins.
I love lamp.
Aug 28, 2006
106 posts
16 upvotes
Edmonton
just called my local SES. they finally have the white ceramics in 512gb in stock but no 1tb yet. Said still no eta as they are drop shipments from samsung. I have a feeling my 1tb will come along the shipment with the galaxy buds when they launch on 22nd.

EDIT: derp i've been working too much and don't realize it's the 22nd today lol
I love lamp.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2015
3548 posts
3319 upvotes
Bought s10e from samsung usa. Traded in my note 8 for 550USD, used Unidays for student discount + ebates
Price before ebates $184.99 ebates ~ $36
All prices in USD currency
Please DON'T PM me for SPC codes, kindly ask for them in the Samsung thread's (HOT DEALS) section and I will respond with one.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
9594 posts
9744 upvotes
TransporterSD wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 10:52 pm
Bought s10e from samsung usa. Traded in my note 8 for 550USD, used Unidays for student discount + ebates
Price before ebates $184.99 ebates ~ $36
All prices in USD currency
Your thoughts so far? I'm biased, so your point of view will enrich the conversation.

I have a 10e on back-order with the option to cancel but it looks like the company might do 100% comp'ing of my phone... inclining me towards the flagship 10+ because... free.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2015
3548 posts
3319 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 10:55 pm
Your thoughts so far? I'm biased, so your point of view will enrich the conversation.

I have a 10e on back-order with the option to cancel but it looks like the company might do 100% comp'ing of my phone... inclining me towards the flagship 10+ because... free.
If its free, get it. I wanted to spend as little as possible. And I might get Note 10 when it comes out.
Please DON'T PM me for SPC codes, kindly ask for them in the Samsung thread's (HOT DEALS) section and I will respond with one.
Oct 9, 2007
121 posts
16 upvotes
Canada
Finally got the phone (S10+) yesterday! spent a day playing with it , maybe the wait to get it killed the excitement, but honestly, nothing crazy about the phone! nothing that my S7 Edge couldn't do (that i find useful) and the lack of LED notification is a huge downside for me! Putting on Craiglist :)
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1979 posts
723 upvotes
For those with s10e and leaving the "screen protector" that came with it, is it starting to come off for you?

I haven't officially set up and use my s10e yet so wondering if I should peel it off and put on a tempered glass. OR just leave it as it is until it peels off by itself then put on the tempered glass.