Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Samsung Galaxy S10 up to $400 off w/ trade in (+ additional discounts too)

Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10367 posts
10493 upvotes
raul7 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 1:27 pm
Finally got the phone (S10+) yesterday! spent a day playing with it , maybe the wait to get it killed the excitement, but honestly, nothing crazy about the phone! nothing that my S7 Edge couldn't do (that i find useful) and the lack of LED notification is a huge downside for me! Putting on Craiglist :)
Phones are nearly commodities. For me, CPU and RAM are binding on my S8+, I need an uplift.
Oct 9, 2007
121 posts
16 upvotes
Canada
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 1:31 pm
Phones are nearly commodities. For me, CPU and RAM are binding on my S8+, I need an uplift.
100%, it depends on how you use it, I dont have a SINGLE game installed on my phone, so CPU and RAM dont really matter to me!
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2010
1306 posts
235 upvotes
The adaptive brightness never seemed to learn my preference, always reseting to a setting that is too bright for extended use. Anyone has similar issue or a fix?
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
1483 posts
186 upvotes
Anyone waiting on a preorder on koodo from bestbuy?

This feels like a long wait.
Feel the wraith of the Old English Sheepdog.

On Koodo. 8gb, unlimited talk, text, 1000ld minutes. $45.
Aug 28, 2006
106 posts
16 upvotes
Edmonton
I've decided to ditch my pre order for the s10+ and go for the note10.
I love lamp.
Aug 28, 2006
106 posts
16 upvotes
Edmonton
raul7 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 1:27 pm
Finally got the phone (S10+) yesterday! spent a day playing with it , maybe the wait to get it killed the excitement, but honestly, nothing crazy about the phone! nothing that my S7 Edge couldn't do (that i find useful) and the lack of LED notification is a huge downside for me! Putting on Craiglist :)
Yeah i have a feeling i will be on the same boat if i end up getting this. Thanks for the quick impression that will support my decision in cancelling my pre order! now i need to spend 2k within the next 3 months somehow to get my full 10% cashback from this new credit card!
I love lamp.
Dec 26, 2007
44 posts
5 upvotes
Whitby
The LED notification is coming. It will light up around the camera cut out. When I saw your post, I also started to doubt getting the phone, but then did some research and read online that it will be coming. The update is delayed right now, but it will be a feature.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10367 posts
10493 upvotes
So folks, here I sit.

I can get the S10+ fully comped through work, but I'm on the fence because of the bleeding edge concerns regarding this phone. I'm sure updates will mature the device but for now... I'm not as pumped as I normally would be.

Samsung is really screwing up by making the Note 10 a fall release, making it obsolete in 6 months or less.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2010
1306 posts
235 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 11:43 am
So folks, here I sit.

I can get the S10+ fully comped through work, but I'm on the fence because of the bleeding edge concerns regarding this phone. I'm sure updates will mature the device but for now... I'm not as pumped as I normally would be.

Samsung is really screwing up by making the Note 10 a fall release, making it obsolete in 6 months or less.
Note is a bigger device, which is harder to carry than the s10. I had a note before and eventually I found it too difficult to use with single hand, plus I never used the pen.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10367 posts
10493 upvotes
carniver wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 1:31 pm
Note is a bigger device, which is harder to carry than the s10. I had a note before and eventually I found it too difficult to use with single hand, plus I never used the pen.
I've got solid man hands, no issues there. I'd settle for the S10+ though... and I probably will but things like the mediocre in-screen fingerprint reader disappoint.
Oct 28, 2006
560 posts
271 upvotes
Alberta
obliviscor wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 11:33 am
The LED notification is coming. It will light up around the camera cut out. When I saw your post, I also started to doubt getting the phone, but then did some research and read online that it will be coming. The update is delayed right now, but it will be a feature.
That's good to know. I use to like the led notification but slowly have moved to always On Display with S7 edge I didn't but with S8+/S9+ I made the transition. I've noticed the s10s10+ have edge light notification. Haven't tried it yet what it does and if it's "replacement"for the led notification.
AOD gives better notification summary in my opinion for my liking.
Aug 28, 2006
106 posts
16 upvotes
Edmonton
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 11:43 am
So folks, here I sit.

That seems to be the current handset cycle anyways. Every 6 months there's an upgrade. Samsung does it between the note and the s series and huawei does the same with the mate series and the P series. With samsung the S series will usually debut a new design, screens, offer the latest snapdragon but samsung will delay some tech exclusively for the note. This year it will be UFS 3.0 and 10nm ram modules vs the UFS 2.1 and and 20nm ram modules, which should offer better battery life and performance. Huawei does the same but rather than include their newest processor chips in their spring models, they wait to include it into their fall Mate handsets.

The wait time for the 1tb ceramic white, the minor issues with the fingerprint sensor and laughable face detect, and exclusion of ufs 3.0 have eroded my desire for the 10+ now. Especially with the rumors that the Note will be launching earlier this year in August makes it an easier decision to wait and see. Also interested in what the mate 30 pro will have this year as well, as leaked specs sound like Huawei is releasing a hamstrung p30pro as well.

It's will be the neverending voice in your head "if i wait 6 months, the new phone will have the new screen and snapdragon" vs "if i wait 6 months the phone will have optimized tech"

I'm hoping the flak samsung received for their face unlock feature and fingerprint sensor will mean 3d face unlock and ironed out sonic print sensor by the time the note is released
I love lamp.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10367 posts
10493 upvotes
WMah wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 3:50 pm
That seems to be the current handset cycle anyways. Every 6 months there's an upgrade. Samsung does it between the note and the s series and huawei does the same with the mate series and the P series. With samsung the S series will usually debut a new design, screens, offer the latest snapdragon but samsung will delay some tech exclusively for the note. This year it will be UFS 3.0 and 10nm ram modules vs the UFS 2.1 and and 20nm ram modules, which should offer better battery life and performance. Huawei does the same but rather than include their newest processor chips in their spring models, they wait to include it into their fall Mate handsets.

The wait time for the 1tb ceramic white, the minor issues with the fingerprint sensor and laughable face detect, and exclusion of ufs 3.0 have eroded my desire for the 10+ now. Especially with the rumors that the Note will be launching earlier this year in August makes it an easier decision to wait and see. Also interested in what the mate 30 pro will have this year as well, as leaked specs sound like Huawei is releasing a hamstrung p30pro as well.

It's will be the neverending voice in your head "if i wait 6 months, the new phone will have the new screen and snapdragon" vs "if i wait 6 months the phone will have optimized tech"

I'm hoping the flak samsung received for their face unlock feature and fingerprint sensor will mean 3d face unlock and ironed out sonic print sensor by the time the note is released
Good commentary.

I'm an S Plus man historically because I don't believe in paying the premium for the Note.

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get the S10+, I want a device I can rock until the S12+. I'm too opposed to waiting until late August for the same chip and performance I'll get today. I need top shelf RAM and CPU specs today.

This has been a useful conversation.