Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Samsung Galaxy S10 up to $400 off w/ trade in (+ additional discounts too)

Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
1481 posts
1137 upvotes
Spawk1028 wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 4:18 pm
https://www.androidauthority.com/samsun ... 57693/amp/

Get a Oneplus 6T. Better phone, cheaper price and oh ya..... It's not a samdung

End this ridiculous thread already.
Those who are considering a s10 would want a decent screen and camera. For all the pros for a one plus, screen and camera are not it which is why it's never included in any real comparison of flagship phones.
Aug 28, 2006
106 posts
16 upvotes
Edmonton
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 4:06 pm
Good commentary.

I'm an S Plus man historically because I don't believe in paying the premium for the Note.

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get the S10+, I want a device I can rock until the S12+. I'm too opposed to waiting until late August for the same chip and performance I'll get today. I need top shelf RAM and CPU specs today.

This has been a useful conversation.
I'm just curious as to what samsung's pricing for the note 10 will be... i would think it will be in the ballpark of $2500 cdn... I'm hoping it's more around 2300 lol a smidge over the s10+. If s10+ had ufs 3.0 i'd be getting one even if it didn't have the 10nm ram modules yet. I'm also more of a fan of the s series than the note series as I doubt i would ever really use the s-pen.
I love lamp.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10294 posts
10425 upvotes
WMah wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 4:32 pm
I'm just curious as to what samsung's pricing for the note 10 will be... i would think it will be in the ballpark of $2500 cdn... I'm hoping it's more around 2300 lol a smidge over the s10+. If s10+ had ufs 3.0 i'd be getting one even if it didn't have the 10nm ram modules yet. I'm also more of a fan of the s series than the note series as I doubt i would ever really use the s-pen.
I'm not paying more than three digits for a phone at this time. My body isn't ready for that kind of violation yet.

The numbers you throw around are business investment figures in my mind.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3579 posts
3090 upvotes
Spawk1028 wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 4:18 pm
https://www.androidauthority.com/samsun ... 57693/amp/

Get a Oneplus 6T. Better phone, cheaper price and oh ya..... It's not a samdung

End this ridiculous thread already.
Oneplus 6T:
  1. Nowhere near as good a camera solution (quality + focal length options)
  2. Last years SOC
  3. Heavier
  4. Lower res screen
  5. No waterproof rating at all
  6. Only AC for WIFI
  7. Proprietary fast charge (vs. the much more common QC)
  8. NO MICRO SD!!??

I mean, come on. The 6T is probably a fantastic phone, I haven't used it, but it's not even in the same class as the S10/10+.

Will the 6T be MORE then enough for many people? Absolutely. But to consider them comparable? Come on. I mean, come on.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10294 posts
10425 upvotes
@repatch patched the bug in someone's thinking regarding the 6T.

Don't confuse a premium midtier for a flagship, folks.

God bless.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2010
1306 posts
235 upvotes
I came from a OPO, when they used to sell flagship specs at mainstream prices. These days all they do is sell mainstream specs at flagship prices, clones google stock firmware + slap on some Chinese spyware and call it their own OS. Shameful company, to compare that to samsung is an insult
Oct 9, 2007
121 posts
16 upvotes
Canada
obliviscor wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 11:33 am
The LED notification is coming. It will light up around the camera cut out. When I saw your post, I also started to doubt getting the phone, but then did some research and read online that it will be coming. The update is delayed right now, but it will be a feature.
I got the Notification working with this app : https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... m.used.aoe
I might keep the phone now! this is HUGE for me, I dont get how Samsung removed it, the issue I have with Edge lighting is, it doesnt repeat! if you miss the initial notification, u r done!

Anyway, playing around with the phone more, I might keep it just because of Battery life and now that notification is working, however my advice to those who got a good battery life with their current phone and dont use their phone for gaming, u dont get much from S10+
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
10294 posts
10425 upvotes
raul7 wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 8:26 pm
I got the Notification working with this app : https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... m.used.aoe
I might keep the phone now! this is HUGE for me, I dont get how Samsung removed it, the issue I have with Edge lighting is, it doesnt repeat! if you miss the initial notification, u r done!

Anyway, playing around with the phone more, I might keep it just because of Battery life and now that notification is working, however my advice to those who got a good battery life with their current phone and dont use their phone for gaming, u dont get much from S10+
I'm sure the notifications will be solid on the 10+, could they be better? Yes. I expect they'll improve through updates. For now though, I'm satisfied with what's on offer, but I'm not in love like I was when I got the S8+.

FYI, I depend on my phone so much during the day that I don't expect the battery to last one full day, so I always buy a solid battery case. I've been doing so since the Note 4 days.

God bless.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2010
1306 posts
235 upvotes
WMah wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 11:47 am
So sounds like the 5g version will be out soon. And it will have both the 10nm ram modules and ufs 3.0. totally irks me that Samsung chose to leave it out of the s line when it seems both are readily available.
5g model will not have microsd, and ultimately we want 10nm is for cheaper price or larger capacity, but we know 5g model is going to come at a premium.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3579 posts
3090 upvotes
carniver wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 12:02 pm
5g model will not have microsd, and ultimately we want 10nm is for cheaper price or larger capacity, but we know 5g model is going to come at a premium.
And, it's main reason for being: 5G, will be completely an utterly useless in Canada for a least a couple years.

I can't honestly see anybody in Canada wanting this phone.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4843 posts
800 upvotes
WMah wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 4:32 pm
Note 9 was $200 more expensive than S9+, in Canada. S10+ is $1420 CDN MSRP, so $200 more would be $1620 MSRP. All hypothetical of course
I am a Koodo customer
Jun 11, 2017
105 posts
88 upvotes
Anyone have any recommendations on a Whitestone Dome Glass alternative?

Maybe something from Aliexpress or eBay that makes use of their UV adhesive and doesnt cost $70CAD?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5732 posts
307 upvotes
Calgary
managed to get $325 (best buy) for a old iphone 5 that the touch screen was broken...they were able to read the IMEI off the sim card tray luckily for me.

loving the upgrade from my old S7 to new S10e...just miss the notification led so far
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1984 posts
726 upvotes
Anyone aware of an app that maybe can simulate an LED on a small part of the screen?