Expired Hot Deals

Samsung

Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 WiFi 32 GB for $197.99. Warm?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2022 5:47 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
16220 posts
4647 upvotes
Toronto
brung wrote: That's hilarious, I didn't even realize he was trying to compare geekbench 4 scores on fire hd to geekbench 5 scores on the Samsung.

Poor attempt to shit on the thread
My apologies as I didn't even notice version number.

Note to self: Make sure to drink tea before posting :(

That being said, it is still considerably slower than an ipad even if you go with an older version
Nov 9, 2021
491 posts
916 upvotes
hightech wrote: My apologies as I didn't even notice version number.

Note to self: Make sure to drink tea before posting :(

That being said, it is still considerably slower than an ipad even if you go with an older version
If official lineageOS arrives for this, it will speed up 2-3x, such is the power of stock android.

Sure you lose samsung tweaks, but there are not a lot of tablets with stock android support, officially or otherwise. Samsung build quality + stock android would keep the tablet alive for a while.
Dec 24, 2011
629 posts
454 upvotes
toronto
Just got it delivered. Used it for 30 mins or so find it little bit laggy when moving from apps or going to notifications and all. No issues watching youtube videos. Will try few more days and see how it turns up.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
8728 posts
2145 upvotes
Mont-Royal
the galay tab pro still works no?

why need for upgrade?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
1275 posts
514 upvotes
Markham
Is that the 8.4" you have? I have that one too and I believe the battery is quite easy to replace.

Samsung's top-of-the-line S tablets are good, but expensive. I have a Samsung S2 (bought used) running LOS 17.1 and it is pretty snappy. Anything after that is damn expensive even used. People want $200+ for a used S3...

brung wrote: This is the only reason why I was still using my Galaxy Tab Pro from 2014. I was able to install lineage on it after Samsung left it for dead. If not for the battery draining about 1% per minute, I would keep on using it.
Mar 10, 2010
263 posts
722 upvotes
Calgary
L4cky wrote: the galay tab pro still works no?

why need for upgrade?
theastroboy wrote: Is that the 8.4" you have? I have that one too and I believe the battery is quite easy to replace.

Samsung's top-of-the-line S tablets are good, but expensive. I have a Samsung S2 (bought used) running LOS 17.1 and it is pretty snappy. Anything after that is damn expensive even used. People want $200+ for a used S3...
Yes, it was the 8.4"
The battery isn't too bad to replace and isn't very expensive(maybe $20). I would have loved to buy the new S tab also but yeah the prices are quite expensive. Buying a used tablet can be a crapshoot too, you don't know if they tried to mod it and messed up somewhere, or if they've completely kiled the battery on them.

Upgrading from the Tab Pro to this A7 is s small upgrade. The Snapdragon 662 should be slightly better than the old Snapdragon 800, more RAM, more storage, bigger screen and 4 speakers too.
Hoping there will be good Lineage support
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
5002 posts
5788 upvotes
GTA
brung wrote: If anyone's looking for a decent case, I ended up with this one https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08CXNJN2J/

Instead of that other lighter weight folio case I posted earlier.

This one seems to have better body coverage
Which case did you get and how's the quality and fit?
Mar 10, 2010
263 posts
722 upvotes
Calgary
tew wrote: Which case did you get and how's the quality and fit?
I got this black one from amazon. Fit is perfect, full body coverage, stands well and closing the case puts it to sleep.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
5002 posts
5788 upvotes
GTA
brung wrote: I got this black one from amazon. Fit is perfect, full body coverage, stands well and closing the case puts it to sleep.
Thanks that's great. There's a lot of them and the reviews are all over the place. I forgot to ask how's using (folding) the cover for standing the tablet up on it's on own for viewing?
Mar 10, 2010
263 posts
722 upvotes
Calgary
tew wrote: Thanks that's great. There's a lot of them and the reviews are all over the place. I forgot to ask how's using (folding) the cover for standing the tablet up on it's on own for viewing?
Folding the cover to make it stand is how I use it 90% of the time. It stays up well and is stable. Mostly using this tablet to view my wyze cam for a baby monitor.
Mar 10, 2010
263 posts
722 upvotes
Calgary
In case anyone wants to know about the trade in process it's been about 5 weeks and I finally heard back from Samsung today.

They rejected my perfectly good tablet(aside from short battery life) and gave me $0 trade in value instead of $43. They also said there was screen damage, which there certainly wasn't when I shipped it and that the IMEI didn't match, even though I entered what was on the original box. They also said it wouldn't power on, likely they didn't even charge it. Instead of having them recycle it, I'm getting them to shop it back. I'm curious to see if the screen was in fact damaged while shipping there or not and about the IMEI.

Bottom line, don't count on the trade in value you might get back from trading in your old devices.
Mar 10, 2010
263 posts
722 upvotes
Calgary
Last update, received my trade-in tablet back and it most definitely does turn on fine, screen has no cracks and works perfectly. Whoever "assessed" my tablet broke the case and put it back upside down. So again, don't rely on any traide in value you think you might get from them.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)