Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (EPP only)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2020 4:12 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1156 posts
782 upvotes

[Samsung] Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (EPP only)

Applies only if you have EPP (e.g. Perkopolis)

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite retails at $429.99 and is currently on promo in most places (e.g. Amazon, Best Buy) at $379.99. When you sign into Samsung's EPP store it further reduces another $57 to $322.99. For a tablet that just came out recently I think it's a decent discount.

The reviews seem pretty decent for a mid range tablet, especially for one that comes with a WACOM S-Pen.

Apologies in advance if this isn't a good price for you, I haven't been keeping up with the tech news.

Summary of Pros and Cons from the reviews I've seen:

Pros:
- Got a frigging WACOM S-Pen
- Price point is reasonable, cheaper than iPad variant.
- Decent use for productivity
- Battery-less S-Pen, no extra charging.
- 10.4 LCD screen. Not AMOLED but reviews seem indifferent, no significant difference.
- Decent build quality
- Fast charging
- Good battery life

Cons:
- Not optimized for gaming, but good enough to run on low setting.
- USB-C but 2.0, no video out / DeX option
- Palm rejection not as good as iPad
- Android storefront not as great as Apple Appstore
- No Bluetooth on s-pen means no gesture or remote use (if that's your thing).
- No Fingerprint option.

Just to reiterate this is a mid range tablet, so don't expect any high end build/performance out of it.

Also the book cover is also on discount at $55.99 (from $99.99), IMO not that cheap but good for storing your S-pen and standing the tablet.
Last edited by Idlehands on Sep 4th, 2020 1:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
RFD: Pick any two.
  • In stock
  • Low Price
  • Quality Product
18 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1302 posts
3957 upvotes
Does this get 3 years of software updates and 4+ for security? I hope so, it would look nice with my Note 20 Ultra. If not, I would rather spend an extra $300 on the new iPad Air.

Edit: looks it is
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
5724 posts
4368 upvotes
phoreoneone wrote: Does this get 3 years of software updates and 4+ for security? I hope so, it would look nice with my Note 20 Ultra. If not, I would rather spend an extra $300 on the new iPad Air.

Edit: looks it is
If you need secured computing platform, stay with Apple.

Android is a shit show still. And I don't see things to improve until Android 11 is widespread.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6456 posts
1434 upvotes
I've had my S6 Lite for a few months and really like it. It's mostly a media consumption device, but I've tried some sketching with the pen and it works well.

One issue I have is with unlocking the bloody thing. Face unlock is slow and unreliable, smart unlock (where it stays unlocked if connected to a certain network) doesn't work, and the keypad entry pinpad is too small for normal fingers. I ended using an unlock pattern as it was faster than the pin unlock.
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
1308 posts
1613 upvotes
Pointe Claire
Plan on ordering this tablet tomorrow. Son works at Walmart. 20% off day tomorrow for employees and family. Should come out to $304 plus taxes.
Jan 12, 2017
148 posts
130 upvotes
mark_in_2k wrote: I've had my S6 Lite for a few months and really like it. It's mostly a media consumption device, but I've tried some sketching with the pen and it works well.

One issue I have is with unlocking the bloody thing. Face unlock is slow and unreliable, smart unlock (where it stays unlocked if connected to a certain network) doesn't work, and the keypad entry pinpad is too small for normal fingers. I ended using an unlock pattern as it was faster than the pin unlock.
This, I hate unlocking the thing cause the pinpad is way to tiny.. other than that it’s great alternative to their 1000$ tablets
Apr 29, 2014
926 posts
281 upvotes
Pickering, ON
A few reviews said this is terrible for games.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1156 posts
782 upvotes
consumingconsumer wrote: How can you get a EPP account if your company isn't part of it?
Check your company benefit sites and see if they have redirect to the Samsung store. Mine uses Perkopolis so it did include as part of the package. If you can't find then you might be out of luck unless you have a hook up.

A previous comment also said Walmart has 20% off for employees and family, so if you have a walmart friend give that a try.
SleepyEyez wrote: A few reviews said this is terrible for games.
I haven't seen any that says it's downright terrible to play, but most do say if you set to low setting it should run decent enough.

This one for example:

Or this:
  • In stock
  • Low Price
  • Quality Product
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1432 posts
793 upvotes
Toronto
Again this is final sale while compare to order it from Samsung regular site
Nov 15, 2013
842 posts
499 upvotes
Ottawa
Wife was looking at this as a drawing tablet. Any recommendations for alternatives? I don't have EPP so best price I can find is $379.99
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1778 posts
1439 upvotes
Waterloo
- USB-C but 2.0, no video out / deck option

So no DeX?
Jul 21, 2013
722 posts
392 upvotes
Calgary
The S5E is still a better tablet, 323$ would be an OK price.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
1156 posts
782 upvotes
Sicklyslick wrote: - USB-C but 2.0, no video out / deck option

So no DeX?
Unfortunately no.
Roger21 wrote: The S5E is still a better tablet, 323$ would be an OK price.
S5E cheapest on EPP is $552.49, which is like ~$230 more. The 64GB is ~$150 more but OOS. You might be able to find cheaper or comparable price outside but I haven't came across.
  • In stock
  • Low Price
  • Quality Product
Dec 12, 2019
9 posts
6 upvotes
Does anyone know what resolution Netflix plays at on this thing? I've heard that it often only plays at 720 or lower on Android tablets.

Also, reviews keep comparing it to the entry level iPad but I haven't seen those on sale for a decent price. And that doesn't even take into account the $130 Apple Pen.