Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Samsung

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ 256GB 8GB RAM + Galaxy Buds Pro - $899.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2021 10:27 am
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2009
1039 posts
235 upvotes
Despite people suggesting only using a cover, what are recommendations for screen protector?

Amazon has lots of options but even highly rated ones have crappy reviews about corners not sticking.
Dec 24, 2008
749 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
i didnt know you could use tablets as second monitor..now im thinking more to buy :P
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2011
5851 posts
5492 upvotes
Calgary
nochill wrote: That might be a plus IF there ends up being a dev and healthy community around it, but in many cases that ends up being a dice roll. "Bugs? You tell me!"

Plus Samsung's OneUI has some pretty amazing features - I think we're at the point where dealing with custom ROMs may yield diminishing returns.
I agree. There's no point in messing with custom roms anymore. Mobile processors have gotten so good now and loaded with memory. Even bloatware isn't a problem anymore.

And years from now, when Google is at Android 16 or whatever, this tablet will still be functional with Android 11/12. People make too big of a fuss about getting continued updates/support, IMO.
teksavvy sucks
Mar 11, 2019
870 posts
876 upvotes
wadokai wrote: Despite people suggesting only using a cover, what are recommendations for screen protector?

Amazon has lots of options but even highly rated ones have crappy reviews about corners not sticking.
I am trying a glass one from bestbuy. I threw 3 plastic ones i got from amazon in the garbage after all 3 looked like i captured a ball pit under the screen. Total garbage.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10170 posts
8295 upvotes
Toronto
umadbrah wrote: Even bloatware isn't a problem anymore.
Issues with bloatware were not solely based on storage space concerns.

Assuming that no one is rooting, what do people use for app backup?
Being able to use Titanium Backup was always one of my major reasons for rooting.

As always, super super annoying that in order to be able to customize to one's own needs, one needs to void warranty in order to do so.

I, for one, would consider it a shame if Custom ROM's were lost.
Besides potential gains for end users, they allowed for development skills to be honed.
My assumption was, more often than not, that Custom ROM developers were young people tinkering and learning, while they still had free time in their lives to do so.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Dec 6, 2008
809 posts
619 upvotes
stvross wrote: Not the same tablet
correct, the person i replied to mentioned oled and this tablet, if/when released would check that box for them
Jul 27, 2017
400 posts
556 upvotes
shikotee wrote: Assuming that no one is rooting, what do people use for app backup?
Samsung SmartSwitch.
shikotee wrote:
As always, super super annoying that in order to be able to customize to one's own needs, one needs to void warranty in order to do so.
Rarely the case anymore. Tons of apps to customize your experience without needing root. Samsung even has one called Good Lock.

shikotee wrote: I, for one, would consider it a shame if Custom ROM's were lost.
Besides potential gains for end users, they allowed for development skills to be honed.
My assumption was, more often than not, that Custom ROM developers were young people tinkering and learning, while they still had free time in their lives to do so.
Who said anything about Custom ROMs being lost? OP even says the S7+ has an unlocked bootloader. What I'm saying is if you are wanting Custom ROM support for customization / features / backup - these reasons are outdated and because of that, you shouldn't make ROM support the dealbreaker for buying devices.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10170 posts
8295 upvotes
Toronto
nochill wrote: Who said anything about Custom ROMs being lost? OP even says the S7+ has an unlocked bootloader. What I'm saying is if you are wanting Custom ROM support for customization / features / backup - these reasons are outdated and because of that, you shouldn't make ROM support the dealbreaker for buying devices.
No one said that Custom ROMs were lost.
This isn't really a requirement for my point, nor does it really change my lament for a day when they might be.
ROM development isn't what it used to be, for a myriad of reasons, the most significant being the vast amount of differing devices out on the market.
Sure, we have things like LineageOS (whose development focus is to work on as many devices as possible), but we've lost so much more from fringe development.

Not gonna lie - the vibes from your "everything Samsung is great" response makes me think of people who believe newspapers are useless because Facebook can do everything.

Regarding "outdated reasons" - I think the better point to raise is outdated privacy concerns, and the willingness of users to fork over data and allow tailored advertising on their devices.
There are indeed some who care about this, but more and more, the general public consumers care less and less.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Jul 27, 2017
400 posts
556 upvotes
shikotee wrote: No one said that Custom ROMs were lost.
This isn't really a requirement for my point, nor does it really change my lament for a day when they might be.
ROM development isn't what it used to be, for a myriad of reasons, the most significant being the vast amount of differing devices out on the market.
Sure, we have things like LineageOS (whose development focus is to work on as many devices as possible), but we've lost so much more from fringe development.

Not gonna lie - the vibes from your "everything Samsung is great" response makes me think of people who believe newspapers are useless because Facebook can do everything.

Regarding "outdated reasons" - I think the better point to raise is outdated privacy concerns, and the willingness of users to fork over data and allow tailored advertising on their devices.
There are indeed some who care about this, but more and more, the general public consumers care less and less.
Looks like you just want to start an off-topic discussion as a launchpad for your soapbox. Sorry, not interested in debating your "courageous" philosophy.

Again, my point is that Custom ROM as the main buying point for devices is generally an outdated notion and in a lot of instances the manufacturer software is enough. Especially in the case of Samsung when OneUI itself is packed with features. If you want to tinker you can still do it, nothing is stopping you, but official ROMs are getting pretty darn good.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2011
5851 posts
5492 upvotes
Calgary
I think you would lose Samsung Dex if you went custom rom.... which is a good reason alone not to. I don't think i have messed with custom roms since Android Icecream Sandwich.

Samsung's Home launcher is kinda garbage though, IMO. Easy fix. Just download Nova Launcher.

EDIT: On another note, the keyboard cover I bought on Aliexpress just cleared customs (10 days since order). So should be getting that in a couple of days to give my impressions.
This one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001 ... 4c4d5RIXxw
teksavvy sucks
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10170 posts
8295 upvotes
Toronto
nochill wrote: Looks like you just want to start an off-topic discussion as a launchpad for your soapbox. Sorry, not interested in debating your "courageous" philosophy.
Not really. My initial response was not to you, yet you were the one who interjected.
Unfortunately, it no longer seems that I am a Samsung customer - just someone looking for a soapbox.
Thanks for the "courageous" and insightful response though.
nochill wrote: Again, my point is that Custom ROM as the main buying point for devices is generally an outdated notion and in a lot of instances the manufacturer software is enough. Especially in the case of Samsung when OneUI itself is packed with features. If you want to tinker you can still do it, nothing is stopping you, but official ROMs are getting pretty darn good.
And I would still disagree. It really depends on the person.
This might be the case for yourself (and likely a significant portion of the market), but you seem to be speaking on a overall level of authority.
Fact of the matter is - vast majority of consumers never tinkered with Custom ROMs to begin with, and always stuck with stock ROMS.

And if I want to tinker, I obviously still can - I just need to be willing to void my warranty in order to do so.
I mentioned this before, but I'm not sure you understood this.

With this all said, you might be right about official ROM's improving.
In this case, as the device is being purchased directly from Samsung, at the very least, it is not bundled with garbage that a telecom carrier tries to force upon customers.
So really - the vast improvement is simply not having middleman bloat.
Jul 27, 2017
400 posts
556 upvotes
shikotee wrote:
Not really. My initial response was not to you, yet you were the one who interjected.
Unfortunately, it no longer seems that I am a Samsung customer - just someone looking for a soapbox.
Thanks for the "courageous" and insightful response though.
Yes and the person who you were responding to was responding to me. So who's interjecting? Are we playing "who got here first" now?

I don't know if you are a Samsung customer, but what does that have to do with anything?
shikotee wrote:
And I would still disagree. It really depends on the person.
This might be the case for yourself (and likely a significant portion of the market), but you seem to be speaking on a overall level of authority.
Sure, I don't think anyone is suggesting otherwise. Your wallet, buy / tweak / hack / boycott / beg for VoLTE however you want. It's my point-of-view. What is this about I'm speaking at a level of authority?
shikotee wrote: Fact of the matter is - vast majority of consumers never tinkered with Custom ROMs to begin with, and always stuck with stock ROMS.

Sure but we're not talking about this group are we?
shikotee wrote: And if I want to tinker, I obviously still can - I just need to be willing to void my warranty in order to do so.

I mentioned this before, but I'm not sure you understood this.
Not gonna touch this one. Bring it up with big tech and their army of $5000 / hour lawyers.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10170 posts
8295 upvotes
Toronto
nochill wrote: Yes and the person who you were responding to was responding to me. So who's interjecting? Are we playing "who got here first" now?

I don't know if you are a Samsung customer, but what does that have to do with anything?
You stated that I was here to stand on a soapbox. This isn't true.
I'm subscribed to this thread because I am contemplating making a purchase.
I'm in the process of weighing pros and cons, and I am sharing my opinion.
You are the one who is seemingly allergic to dissenting opinions on this product, opting to cheerlead instead.
You are welcome to your perspective and opinion - it was your shutting down the other side of the coin (calling it out as "off-topic") that was laughable.
As I never responded to you initially, I near certainly was not looking to engage in a personal debate with you.

In any case, here is a fairly basic rundown of why rooting/custom ROMS are still prevalent for me:
https://customroms.net/faq/why-root/

As such, I'm likely not going to pull the trigger on this deal (was looking at non plus 256gb S7).
I don't think I would want to wait for a full year (in case I got a lemon) before voiding the warranty.
For my use, the non plus S7 would be the perfect size. The plus would be too big.
With this said - I will try to drop into a bestbuy, just to see the bigger version, out of curiosity.

If anyone here has a Samsung Galaxy S tablet (a generation or 2 older) they are thinking about selling, send me a PM.
This might make more sense, as I would likely tinker with rooting and Custom ROMs from onset.
Jul 27, 2017
400 posts
556 upvotes
shikotee wrote: You stated that I was here to stand on a soapbox. This isn't true.
I'm subscribed to this thread because I am contemplating making a purchase.
I'm in the process of weighing pros and cons, and I am sharing my opinion.
You are the one who is seemingly allergic to dissenting opinions on this product, opting to cheerlead instead.
You are welcome to your perspective and opinion - it was your shutting down the other side of the coin (calling it out as "off-topic") that was laughable.
As I never responded to you initially, I near certainly was not looking to engage in a personal debate with you.

In any case, here is a fairly basic rundown of why rooting/custom ROMS are still prevalent for me:
https://customroms.net/faq/why-root/

As such, I'm likely not going to pull the trigger on this deal (was looking at non plus 256gb S7).
I don't think I would want to wait for a full year (in case I got a lemon) before voiding the warranty.
For my use, the non plus S7 would be the perfect size. The plus would be too big.
With this said - I will try to drop into a bestbuy, just to see the bigger version, out of curiosity.

If anyone here has a Samsung Galaxy S tablet (a generation or 2 older) they are thinking about selling, send me a PM.
This might make more sense, as I would likely tinker with rooting and Custom ROMs from onset.
You're welcome, and good luck. I hope you find a device that works out for you.
Mar 5, 2006
786 posts
195 upvotes
Springfield
Devatox wrote: Trying to check out on the Samsung site for the last 15 mins and getting "Error: 500 - Internal Server Error"
Oof.
Gargra wrote: Had same issue since last night. Have tried many browsers and devices. No luck.
Devatox wrote: Yikes, I see that now going back in the thread history.
Seems like it works with ChromeBook as the addon, but not the Buds.
I tried Chrome and Firefox.
Dang... I will post again if I have any luck.
I had the same problem ordering as well the last two days.
Looks like they fixed the issues. Was able to place an order just now.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
1805 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
Hello guys;
I just realized that 15 days return window for buds expires tomorrow while I am still waiting on the tablet.

Samsung said they will charge full price for buds incase I decide to return the tablet when it arrives, so I just cancelled my order, please do check your return window as u might get stuck with tablet if u do not like it.
Mar 17, 2006
321 posts
59 upvotes
Homer Jay Simpson wrote: I had the same problem ordering as well the last two days.
Looks like they fixed the issues. Was able to place an order just now.
Thanks for posting!
I happened to just finish a call with Samsung customer support, they said there were no Pro buds available over the last 2 days and that was causing the system to error out as it would force the addon in the transaction, but it wasn't available.
No idea if true, but I managed to order a 128GB S7+ with Pro Buds just now thanks to your post. (3:30PM PST)
The 256/8gb would be the better buy but that's still OOS and no clue if it will get restocked :(
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
6609 posts
3909 upvotes
I have the 256gb S7+ right now, I opened to look at it, and realized I spent too much money on this. I didn't even turn it on...

I'm going to return it. Anyone here want it before I do that?

I'm in Pickering. you can take it at cost for $870

I also have the keyboard cover book on the way for $217. I'll also return that.

I used Perkopolis so the extra 10% off applied on top of the regular 10% off. worked out to be 19% discount in total on the sale price.
Aug 23, 2018
23 posts
8 upvotes
Devatox wrote: Thanks for posting!
I happened to just finish a call with Samsung customer support, they said there were no Pro buds available over the last 2 days and that was causing the system to error out as it would force the addon in the transaction, but it wasn't available.
No idea if true, but I managed to order a 128GB S7+ with Pro Buds just now thanks to your post. (3:30PM PST)
The 256/8gb would be the better buy but that's still OOS and no clue if it will get restocked :(
Thanks for sharing. Pretty frustrating, the 256GB was available for the entire day while the Buds Pro were out. Anyone spoken to Samsung about a potential restock of the 256? I waited in their chat queue for 2 hours, no dice.