Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Samsung

Locked: Samsung S21 - Device Trade-In and SPC discounts

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2021 10:45 pm
Tags:
Jan 4, 2013
195 posts
147 upvotes
RICHMOND
ekolb123 wrote: How do you ship it to Samsung USA considering there is a reference code on the fedex shipping label that references your trade in estimate?
Drop off to a FedEx shipper in the states
Jul 7, 2005
530 posts
180 upvotes
Christina1987 wrote: I tried this (I genuinely did RSVP but never received a code). I spoke with a Samsung rep on their online chat. They said they had to send it to their "escalation team" for verification and if I did RSVP, they will send me a voucher. Did this yesterday around noon and still haven't received anything.

Did you have a different experience? Any advice? Thanks!
same experience. still waiting as well. they said 24-48 hours for a response.
Dec 24, 2010
564 posts
1012 upvotes
Does this stack with referral?

Is the RSVP a generic code?
Aug 16, 2019
56 posts
25 upvotes
What is a RSVP code and how is it used here?
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
2396 posts
2417 upvotes
Calgary
Yes, what is the RSVP code for? I RSVP'd to see the Samsung press conference, but never got an email about it.
Mar 20, 2018
687 posts
735 upvotes
trinxified wrote: Tried this. They'll ask you questions and will investigate further and find out you didn't actually register.
Tried this too except I did register and never got the code (yes I registered initially and not well after the event lol). Rep told me he doesn't have codes and they have to investigate.
Sep 1, 2018
111 posts
119 upvotes
Delta1585 wrote: Tried this too except I did register and never got the code (yes I registered initially and not well after the event lol). Rep told me he doesn't have codes and they have to investigate.
Same I RSVP'd before the event and didn't receive the code. I contacted the agent and was told the emails to receive the promo code are randomly selected. And the agent didn't verify if I RSVP'd but simply verify if my email is on the list (which clearly isn't) and they can't do anything about it.
Apparently Samsung is not nervous about the preorder number.
Jan 16, 2021
4 posts
22 upvotes
i got a friend to check that for me. same offer as SPC (10% on the s21)
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23191 posts
2327 upvotes
Singapore
Brutushusky wrote: i got a friend to check that for me. same offer as SPC (10% on the s21)
Best possible discount at the moment then?
Jan 16, 2021
4 posts
22 upvotes
Sgt_Strider wrote: Best possible discount at the moment then?
If you received the RSVP code then yes (10% off from SPC, $200 trade-in bonus, free buds, free care+ from code, another $50 from code). I read from previous s20 threads that sometimes there might be better offers, but I think this is good when the phone is a new release.

Re RSVP code - yes I think it is a one-off code. It's a bit odd though because I used it to buy one, then before I shared it here (which wasnt really helpful now - sorry) I actually went to see if i can use it again - it did work in the basket (but i didnt check out again).

I chatted with the samsung chat to see if i can get another code from them (as I registered with two emails but only one of them received the code), and even the very helpful guy said "i am getting conflicted messages", being
1. they only sent it to the first 17550 customers (which doesnt make sense because my second registration email for the code, but not my first"; and
2. they havent sent all vouchers out yet because they need to generate one-off codes

i'd say try to get a code from samsung (or someone who isnt using theirs) before you finalize the purchase. free care+ and another $50 off is a pretty good deal for a new release phone.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
Welp, I was able to get an RSVP code and that pushed me over the edge. Just ordered a 256gb S21 and traded in an old s9 with a broken LCD to get the $300 off

$825 tax in for a 256gb S21, Buds Live, tracker thing, and 2 years of warranty sounds like a good deal to me.
May 12, 2018
34 posts
9 upvotes
Canada
Beware of samsung phones in Canada. For example they removed the FM radio on my phone and many others by a security update. I can't get it back now and on top of that they are lying saying that there has never been an FM chip in the phone. Obviously they are not honest and don't respect their customers.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
AlexMtl1 wrote: Beware of samsung phones in Canada. For example they removed the FM radio on my phone and many others by a security update. I can't get it back now and on top of that they are lying saying that there has never been an FM chip in the phone. Obviously they are not honest and don't respect their customers.
People still use the radio?
Jun 7, 2011
75 posts
66 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
cuto wrote: ugh sickening.

If I have like an old garbage phone like iPhone SE or iPhone 6, is it worth trading in for an S21(+) or S21U?
You can check out the value of your trade in when pre ordering an s21. It's the first step.

I'm getting $120 for my note8
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9113 posts
2403 upvotes
Checked my OnePlus 3, trade-in value of $27.80 lol, pointless.

Samsung still won't release dual-sim phones in Canada, sadly.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
What's the deal with RSVP codes?
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)