Samsung USA S21 Trade-In Deal Thread
- Deal Link:
- Samsung USA
The Samsung USA Deal
The Samsung USA deal remains active folks, the accessories credits are down a little, but there are plenty of coupon codes and convenient nickels and dimes dropped by Samsung customer service.
- Login Through Rakuten for 10% Cash Back
- Trade-In Your Phone for Purchase Credit
- Buy Your Preferred Samsung S21 Phone
- Select Your Preferred Accessories With Credits
- Stack Additional Credits with Coupons / Promo Codes
Give this a go.
Predecessor Thread: samsung-s21-series-pre-order-free-buds- ... c-2438996/redflagdealsguy wrote: ↑ Steps to Buy from Samsung USA v3
Turn off all adblocking software on your browser.
Google Chrome or Brave Browser is recommended.
Pre-Work: Registering a US Reshipper
You must use a USA reshipper or USA friend or family address for the shipping address. If you don't have a willing family or friend, see below.
Option 1: Find an Obscure Reshipper [Recommended]
A1. Search Google for USA reshippers which service Canada, I'll leave the exact phrasing to you.
A2. Select one you like.
A3. Google '[vendor] reputation' where vendor refers to your chosen reshipper.
A4. Examine the results: Google Reviews, TrustPilot, Third Party Review Sites.
A5. Once you've completed your search and done your 'gut check', register with your preferred choice.
Option 2: Old Favorites [Not Recommended Anymore]
A6. Register with MyUS.com (FL, 6% Sales Tax) or Montana DYK Post (MT, 0% Sales Tax, For Alberta Only).
A7. Register for one of the above, the process is self-explanatory.
Pre-Work: USA VPN (Optional but Recommended)
B1. Obtain the Chrome Add-On: ZenMate VPN and install it. Here's how you find it on Chromium-based Brave (see here).
B2. Click on the shield icon on the top-right and the center shield image on the pop-down windown (see here).
Register Rakuten USA
0. Start in Google Chrome, disable adblocking and enable scripts (if you've previously changed those settings).
1. Navigate to https://www.rakuten.com.
2. Create an account if you don't have one, otherwise sign-in.
3. If you've created an account you may be asked to click a confirmation link in your email. Open another tab to access your email so you may 'confirm' your account.
4. Return to your original tab, and search for the 'Samsung' page on Rakuten.
5. Click on the 'Shop Now' button within the 'Samsung' page, which navigates you to the Samsung USA landing page.
Shopping on Samsung USA
[Stay in the same tab above to earn your Rakuten Cash back]
6. On the Samsung USA landing banding, click through the prominent advertisements to pre-order your S21.
7A. Follow the on-screen guide and fill the order page accordingly. Self-explanatory.
7B. Make sure you reflect the trade-in device's condition accurately. If your device has any noticeable cracks (even on the back) it may not be covered on the 'good condition' trade in. Instead, such a device may be downgraded to the 'cracked screen' trade-in value.
8A. Select your favorite accessories covered under your free credit, watch your remaining credit dollars in the bottom bar.
8B. At the next screen just before completing payment, enter YOURGALAXY1RESERVEWA for $50 additional accessories credit. Make sure you got what you wanted from the screen before.
9. Proceed to complete the order through 'Amazon Pay', PayPal is nothing but headaches.
10. Use your re-shipper address when you fill out the shipping address.
11. A US-Dollar credit card is ideal, but a Canadian credit card is fine. A US billing address does not seem to be required.
12. Complete the order, a confirmation will follow by email.
Post-Order Communication with Samsung
13. In a new VPN browser tab, copy, paste, and hit enter on the url below:
14. Navigate through the prompt for the support option, make sure to provide your order number on your recently placed order. During daylight hours, the phone support might be easier. During night time, the chat support is the only option. The chat support is nice because you can copy and paste the log.
Code: Select all
15. Advise the representative that you are trying to obtain a confirmation on your order.
15A. If the order is on hold, ask to see if they can lift the hold. In all likelihood they will lift the hold and allow the order to proceed as confirmed.
15B. If your order is automatically cancelled by the order system, let them know as it's normally due to too many order attempts (or a blocked/banned address). They will escalate the matter, but they claim it could take up to 3-business days to proceed, likely sooner but worth noting. The sale ends January 28th, so the clock is ticking.
Note: At 15B, it may be better to use a new account with a different card and new re-shipper address... possibly even on a different IP address and billing address. The easiest way to do all this is to get a friend or family member to order and reimburse them. If you hit 15B you have to reconsider how far you want to take this.
USA Trade-In From Canada
Advice per @TransporterSD (Do not PM him.)
Invoice for Fedex Ground Purposes:
https://www.fedex.com/content/dam/fedex ... nvoice.pdf
Pre-Filled Invoice Example by @TransporterSD:
Coupon / Promo Codes
An American's Experience
Old Phone Trade-In Instructionsredflagdealsguy wrote: ↑ How good does life get on this order?
Here's what an American redditor reported on the locked T-Mobile version. The deals are almost as hot for the rest of us on the unlocked deal.
Anyone with an S10 or higher gets 550USD or more in trade-in value, you also get a very reasonable value for your S9.
Source: samsung-s21-series-pre-order-free-buds- ... #p33956401
redflagdealsguy wrote: ↑ Shipping Your Trade-In Phone Back to Samsung USA Phone Collections
Common Initial Steps
1. Wait for your new phone delivery to arrive at it's US destination.
2. Check Samsung's website 'manage order' page and/or email inbox for a FedEx Prepaid Shipping Label.
3. Save the label to a secure folder on your computer.
4. Print the label.
Option 1: Using FedEx Prepaid Shipping Label to Ship Trade-In [Questionable Viability]
A0. Call FedEx stores in your area and inquire about shipping to the USA with a USA FedEx Prepaid label.
A1. If you find a local store that agrees to do this on your behalf, go there.
A2. Select an appropriate shipping box, a FedEx shipping box ideally.
A3. Fill out any necessary paperwork.
I won't provide a recommendation what you value your prepaid trade-in item for customs purposes. Some have valued it at $0.00 and declared it as a warranty return. Others have declared the trade-in value. It's not clear any of this matters to Samsung, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility that if they're billed a substantial amount upon receipt of good, they may deduct it from the trade-in. Ensure you declare your phone battery but note that it is under the 20wAH threshold, for classification purposes (see below source from FedEx specifically).
Source: https://www.fedex.com/content/dam/fedex ... Ground.pdf
A4. Review your FedEx label and documentation, you may ask your FedEx agent to assist you. They may notice something you missed.
A5. Append the label, enclose the documents and phone, and seal the box.
A6. Post the package and ensure it's scanned as received by the agent.
Option 2: Buying FedEx / DHL Shipping Label to Ship Trade-In [Confirmed Viability]
B0. Go to your preferred outlet with your FedEx Prepaid label and Trade-In Phone.
B1. Tell the agent your intended destination and inquire about necessary paperwork.
B2. Ask for an approved carrier box that fits your trade-in phone properly.
B3. Fill out any necessary paperwork.
Once again, I won't provide a recommendation what you value your prepaid trade-in item for customs purposes. Some have valued it at $0.00 and declared it as a warranty return. Others have declared the trade-in value. It's not clear any of this matters to Samsung, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility that if they're billed a substantial amount upon receipt of good, they may deduct it from the trade-in. Ensure you declare your phone battery but note that it is under the 20wAH threshold, for classification purposes (see below source from FedEx specifically).
Source: https://www.fedex.com/content/dam/fedex ... Ground.pdf
B4. Review your courier label and documentation, you may ask your carrier agent to assist you. They may notice something you missed.
B5. Append the label, enclose the documents and phone, and seal the box. Make sure to enclose the unused USA FedEx Prepaid label from Samsung as well.
B6. Post the package.
B7. Send proof of postage to Samsung USA.