Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
17891 posts
20044 upvotes

Samsung USA S21 Trade-In Deal Thread

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Samsung USA
WorldIRC wrote: Why doesn't someone create a thread specific to the US deal (this thread kind of deviated from its original intent).
Fair point.

The Samsung USA Deal

The Samsung USA deal remains active folks, the accessories credits are down a little, but there are plenty of coupon codes and convenient nickels and dimes dropped by Samsung customer service.

The Logic
- Login Through Rakuten for 10% Cash Back
- Trade-In Your Phone for Purchase Credit
- Buy Your Preferred Samsung S21 Phone
- Select Your Preferred Accessories With Credits
- Stack Additional Credits with Coupons / Promo Codes

Give this a go.

See below.
redflagdealsguy wrote: Steps to Buy from Samsung USA v3

Turn off all adblocking software on your browser.

Google Chrome or Brave Browser is recommended.

Pre-Work: Registering a US Reshipper

You must use a USA reshipper or USA friend or family address for the shipping address. If you don't have a willing family or friend, see below.

Option 1: Find an Obscure Reshipper [Recommended]
A1. Search Google for USA reshippers which service Canada, I'll leave the exact phrasing to you.
A2. Select one you like.
A3. Google '[vendor] reputation' where vendor refers to your chosen reshipper.
A4. Examine the results: Google Reviews, TrustPilot, Third Party Review Sites.
A5. Once you've completed your search and done your 'gut check', register with your preferred choice.

Option 2: Old Favorites [Not Recommended Anymore]
A6. Register with MyUS.com (FL, 6% Sales Tax) or Montana DYK Post (MT, 0% Sales Tax, For Alberta Only).
A7. Register for one of the above, the process is self-explanatory.

Pre-Work: USA VPN (Optional but Recommended)
B1. Obtain the Chrome Add-On: ZenMate VPN and install it. Here's how you find it on Chromium-based Brave (see here).
B2. Click on the shield icon on the top-right and the center shield image on the pop-down windown (see here).

Register Rakuten USA
0. Start in Google Chrome, disable adblocking and enable scripts (if you've previously changed those settings).
1. Navigate to https://www.rakuten.com.
2. Create an account if you don't have one, otherwise sign-in.
3. If you've created an account you may be asked to click a confirmation link in your email. Open another tab to access your email so you may 'confirm' your account.
4. Return to your original tab, and search for the 'Samsung' page on Rakuten.
5. Click on the 'Shop Now' button within the 'Samsung' page, which navigates you to the Samsung USA landing page.

Shopping on Samsung USA
[Stay in the same tab above to earn your Rakuten Cash back]
6. On the Samsung USA landing banding, click through the prominent advertisements to pre-order your S21.
7A. Follow the on-screen guide and fill the order page accordingly. Self-explanatory.
7B. Make sure you reflect the trade-in device's condition accurately. If your device has any noticeable cracks (even on the back) it may not be covered on the 'good condition' trade in. Instead, such a device may be downgraded to the 'cracked screen' trade-in value.
8A. Select your favorite accessories covered under your free credit, watch your remaining credit dollars in the bottom bar.
8B. At the next screen just before completing payment, enter YOURGALAXY1RESERVEWA for $50 additional accessories credit. Make sure you got what you wanted from the screen before.
9. Proceed to complete the order through 'Amazon Pay', PayPal is nothing but headaches.
10. Use your re-shipper address when you fill out the shipping address.
11. A US-Dollar credit card is ideal, but a Canadian credit card is fine. A US billing address does not seem to be required.
12. Complete the order, a confirmation will follow by email.

Post-Order Communication with Samsung
13. In a new VPN browser tab, copy, paste, and hit enter on the url below:

Code: Select all

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact-customer-services/
14. Navigate through the prompt for the support option, make sure to provide your order number on your recently placed order. During daylight hours, the phone support might be easier. During night time, the chat support is the only option. The chat support is nice because you can copy and paste the log.
15. Advise the representative that you are trying to obtain a confirmation on your order.
15A. If the order is on hold, ask to see if they can lift the hold. In all likelihood they will lift the hold and allow the order to proceed as confirmed.

Hard Mode

15B. If your order is automatically cancelled by the order system, let them know as it's normally due to too many order attempts (or a blocked/banned address). They will escalate the matter, but they claim it could take up to 3-business days to proceed, likely sooner but worth noting. The sale ends January 28th, so the clock is ticking.

Note: At 15B, it may be better to use a new account with a different card and new re-shipper address... possibly even on a different IP address and billing address. The easiest way to do all this is to get a friend or family member to order and reimburse them. If you hit 15B you have to reconsider how far you want to take this.
Predecessor Thread: samsung-s21-series-pre-order-free-buds- ... c-2438996/

USA Trade-In From Canada

Advice per @TransporterSD (Do not PM him.)
TransporterSD wrote: I've done 3 USA trade ins in the past, and staples is the best spot to drop it off just make sure it gets scanned into the system and ask for the receipt

P.S. You will need to attach commercial Invoice otherwise package will be stuck in Canada.
Invoice for Fedex Ground Purposes:
https://www.fedex.com/content/dam/fedex ... nvoice.pdf

Pre-Filled Invoice Example by @TransporterSD:
https://easyupload.io/g2b8i7
TransporterSD wrote: This form should be filled out prior to dropping off the package, so basically one plastic envelope for your return label and one envelope for the commercial invoice.
Coupon / Promo Codes

YOURGALAXY1RESERVEWA (Dead?)
CS_50_LATESTGALAXY_5G
50LATESTGALAXY5G

An American's Experience
redflagdealsguy wrote: How good does life get on this order?

Here's what an American redditor reported on the locked T-Mobile version. The deals are almost as hot for the rest of us on the unlocked deal.

Anyone with an S10 or higher gets 550USD or more in trade-in value, you also get a very reasonable value for your S9.

Source: samsung-s21-series-pre-order-free-buds- ... #p33956401
Old Phone Trade-In Instructions
redflagdealsguy wrote: Shipping Your Trade-In Phone Back to Samsung USA Phone Collections

Common Initial Steps
1. Wait for your new phone delivery to arrive at it's US destination.
2. Check Samsung's website 'manage order' page and/or email inbox for a FedEx Prepaid Shipping Label.
3. Save the label to a secure folder on your computer.
4. Print the label.

Option 1: Using FedEx Prepaid Shipping Label to Ship Trade-In [Questionable Viability]
A0. Call FedEx stores in your area and inquire about shipping to the USA with a USA FedEx Prepaid label.
A1. If you find a local store that agrees to do this on your behalf, go there.
A2. Select an appropriate shipping box, a FedEx shipping box ideally.
A3. Fill out any necessary paperwork.

I won't provide a recommendation what you value your prepaid trade-in item for customs purposes. Some have valued it at $0.00 and declared it as a warranty return. Others have declared the trade-in value. It's not clear any of this matters to Samsung, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility that if they're billed a substantial amount upon receipt of good, they may deduct it from the trade-in. Ensure you declare your phone battery but note that it is under the 20wAH threshold, for classification purposes (see below source from FedEx specifically).
Source: https://www.fedex.com/content/dam/fedex ... Ground.pdf

A4. Review your FedEx label and documentation, you may ask your FedEx agent to assist you. They may notice something you missed.
A5. Append the label, enclose the documents and phone, and seal the box.
A6. Post the package and ensure it's scanned as received by the agent.

Option 2: Buying FedEx / DHL Shipping Label to Ship Trade-In [Confirmed Viability]
B0. Go to your preferred outlet with your FedEx Prepaid label and Trade-In Phone.
B1. Tell the agent your intended destination and inquire about necessary paperwork.
B2. Ask for an approved carrier box that fits your trade-in phone properly.
B3. Fill out any necessary paperwork.

Once again, I won't provide a recommendation what you value your prepaid trade-in item for customs purposes. Some have valued it at $0.00 and declared it as a warranty return. Others have declared the trade-in value. It's not clear any of this matters to Samsung, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility that if they're billed a substantial amount upon receipt of good, they may deduct it from the trade-in. Ensure you declare your phone battery but note that it is under the 20wAH threshold, for classification purposes (see below source from FedEx specifically).
Source: https://www.fedex.com/content/dam/fedex ... Ground.pdf

B4. Review your courier label and documentation, you may ask your carrier agent to assist you. They may notice something you missed.
B5. Append the label, enclose the documents and phone, and seal the box. Make sure to enclose the unused USA FedEx Prepaid label from Samsung as well.
B6. Post the package.
B7. Send proof of postage to Samsung USA.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on Feb 2nd, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 7 times in total.
2050 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11522 posts
8359 upvotes
Oil Country
I don't think the warranty is transferrable to Canada, because the phone is being purchased from the US. If something goes wrong with your phone, you're on your own.
"Retail is for suckers."
- the K-Man
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
17891 posts
20044 upvotes
fudge_u wrote: I don't think the warranty is transferrable to Canada, because the phone was purchased in the US. If something goes wrong with your phone, you're on your own.
Nope, you just have to send it back to their USA warranty center, and they'll bounce it to your US address on file when repaired/replaced. In most cases, this is a reshipper address, that just ships back to Canada for you.

It's a bit more annoying, but you're still covered.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11522 posts
8359 upvotes
Oil Country
redflagdealsguy wrote: Nope, you just have to send it back to their USA warranty center, and they'll bounce it to your US address on file when repaired/replaced. In most cases, this is a reshipper address, that just ships back to Canada for you.

Ah.. but you still have to pay for the reshipping service.
"Retail is for suckers."
- the K-Man
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
17891 posts
20044 upvotes
fudge_u wrote: Ah.. but you still have to pay for the reshipping service.
Yep, you'll have to pay for reshipping back to Canada. Better than being out on a phone worth $1k or more.

Since S8, I've never needed warranty on my Samsung device, so on the off chance I need it I'll chance paying the extra re-shipping fee.

Some may agree, others may not. The savings are significant this time around for new phones buyers through Samsung USA.
Jun 1, 2019
31 posts
29 upvotes
The prepaid label for FedEx is a US to US address label. FedEx won't let me send it without a customs invoice from Samsung. I just ended up giving it to my friend to send instead.
Sep 26, 2016
140 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
It's pretty shitty that we have to jump through so many hoops for a gimped phone. Face With Cold Sweat
Thanks for all your hard work though, OP.
Come eat some chemicals with me 🎶🧪
Apr 26, 2017
94 posts
58 upvotes
YEG
DestinySpeaker wrote: The prepaid label for FedEx is a US to US address label. FedEx won't let me send it without a customs invoice from Samsung. I just ended up giving it to my friend to send instead.
Uh oh, anyone else can confirm this? How would I go about sending my phone back to samsung then? Ship it to my reshipper and then ask them to attach the shipping label and then send it back to samsung?
Jun 1, 2019
31 posts
29 upvotes
piegod168 wrote: Uh oh, anyone else can confirm this? How would I go about sending my phone back to samsung then? Ship it to my reshipper and then ask them to attach the shipping label and then send it back to samsung?
You don't have to use the original label. Just go to FedEx and tell them you want to send something to the US. They will ask you to fill out a customs forms. You can't use Samsung's prepaid label but you can still send it yourself like normal via FedEx.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
17891 posts
20044 upvotes
piegod168 wrote: Uh oh, anyone else can confirm this? How would I go about sending my phone back to samsung then? Ship it to my reshipper and then ask them to attach the shipping label and then send it back to samsung?
We've had a few people confirm that FedEx will accept the prepaid shipping provided by Samsung.

If that is not the case here, yes you can instruct your reshipper to ship it but that's probably not the best solution.

Alternatively, send your own FedEx prepaid label to the USA collections center with a US return address, your reshipper address.
DestinySpeaker wrote: You don't have to use the original label. Just go to FedEx and tell them you want to send something to the US. They will ask you to fill out a customs forms. You can't use Samsung's prepaid label but you can still send it yourself like normal via FedEx.
Correct on the last point.
Apr 26, 2017
94 posts
58 upvotes
YEG
So if I don't use the prepaid label, would I have to pay to have it shipped to Samsung? Sorry guys I've never sent something without a prepaid label lol
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
2254 posts
1023 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Nope, you just have to send it back to their USA warranty center, and they'll bounce it to your US address on file when repaired/replaced. In most cases, this is a reshipper address, that just ships back to Canada for you.

Thanks OP nice deal

I ordered the base S21 128gb, used the accessories code "CS_50_LATESTGALAXY_5G" for extra $50 in accessories which I used towards the already discounted OLED S7 Tablet, trading in my iPh 6S..here is my order details and total

S21 128gb
Samsung Tablet S7 OLED Display, S Pen, 120Hz, HDR10+, Snapdragon 865+ (iPad Pro Killer)
Moga Gaming Controller
Smart Tag
3 months Xbox GamePass
4 months YouTube Premium

My order total was $684USD for all above items .....starting Jan 29th the total may look above $720. Dont forget to click "Education Pricing" on the bar on top left of the S21 Pre Order Page...there are different discounts which combines to your over all total.

Plus I will get back 10% Cash Back - $68USD which is helping me in a way paying off for shipping it to Canada :D

note that this order was placed during pre order window so I got this pricing.. same order today will go up by just $50..as Samsung reduced $50 after Pre order window

+ I will have to pay re-shipper to ship my items back which I will happily do

Overall Iam very confident & happy with my US order !

Goodluck everyone else!.
Last edited by Ridinginoffice7 on Jan 29th, 2021 9:51 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2004
4623 posts
1024 upvotes
Toronto
I would be on this deal if I didn't have to go through a list of steps.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
17891 posts
20044 upvotes
Mr. Robo wrote: I would be on this deal if I didn't have to go through a list of steps.
I hear you, my steps are overbuilt to minimize risk. They may not be fully necessary.

It appears that after one order per account, it's difficult to get a second or more orders confirmed.

Some folks, like @Ridinginoffice7, have brute forced a solution and locked in their order even after the apparent reshipper bans from Samsung.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
2254 posts
1023 upvotes
The code " CS_50_LATESTGALAXY_5G" will increase the credit to $100 towards accessories like Buds Pro, Live, Buds+, Chargers, Wireless Chargers, Watches, Chromebooks, Tablets, phone cases.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
6029 posts
5865 upvotes
Downtown Canada
fudge_u wrote: I don't think the warranty is transferrable to Canada, because the phone is being purchased from the US. If something goes wrong with your phone, you're on your own.
I spoke with Samsung rep in Canada, phones do have the warranty here
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11522 posts
8359 upvotes
Oil Country
TransporterSD wrote: I spoke with Samsung rep in Canada, phones do have the warranty here
Interesting... because I know in the past people have had issues getting their phones fix by Samsung Canada, when they purchased out of country. I'd check with Samsung support instead of a rep just to be on the safe side.
"Retail is for suckers."
- the K-Man
Nov 3, 2010
837 posts
757 upvotes
DestinySpeaker wrote: You don't have to use the original label. Just go to FedEx and tell them you want to send something to the US. They will ask you to fill out a customs forms. You can't use Samsung's prepaid label but you can still send it yourself like normal via FedEx.
What I did last year with the S20 was I told live chat I wanted to send it myself and they provided me an address which I used CanadaPost to send to.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
6029 posts
5865 upvotes
Downtown Canada
redflagdealsguy wrote: We've had a few people confirm that FedEx will accept the prepaid shipping provided by Samsung.

If that is not the case here, yes you can instruct your reshipper to ship it but that's probably not the best solution.

Alternatively, send your own FedEx prepaid label to the USA collections center with a US return address, your reshipper address.

Correct on the last point.
Fed will accept it as long as they don't see from address listed as USA, I suggest you use Staples to drop off your packages and avoid FedEx depot in Mississauga.
Last edited by TransporterSD on Jan 29th, 2021 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 2 guests)

aresca, john.canad, erniefu, ced2334, monteiro12