Expired Hot Deals

[Samsung] Warm : SPC Samsung S20 FE ($651) A51 ($298)

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2021 11:42 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1563 posts
549 upvotes
Toronto
trinxified wrote: Software updates won't fix the issue. It's a clear problem with the hardware they use.

It is possible that Samsung would fix the hardware upon assembly for more recent manufactured dates, but it's unlikely. They'll just focus on their 2021 lineup instead.
Odds are they'll follow a quarterly revision cycle, so since the phone was released in October and the issue was widespread reported early November and exacerbated through Black Friday / Christmas sales, odds are if they haven't already made the hardware revision then we're looking at several months from now before they start rolling out new revisions, at which point S21 is going to be out.

I think it's unlikely they'll do anything and there will be no hardware revisions, so folks who have these phones will be stuck with them.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2013
1120 posts
465 upvotes
Markham
rdrmvinu wrote: I don't plan to play any games on the phone so this ghost touch / screen issue will affect normal usage?
I've had this phone since pre-order launch. I can say the latest updates did show a lot of improvements. I wouldn't say it's 100% gone but in your regular every day usage you won't notice it, especially if you don't game. (Side note: I play Mario Kart Tour and FF7 on mine and it's fine.)

And FWIW, it was still ranked Phone of the Year 2020 by MKBHD.

Last edited by knacks on Jan 8th, 2021 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
13:6W-365. 14:11W-2134. 15:10W-1749. 16:4W-8120. 17:11W-2797. 18:8W-210. 19:7W-466. 20:20W-9316.
Zoomer $40.50/6GB
Selling: Twin Mattress For Sale
Newbie
Sep 18, 2018
74 posts
129 upvotes
Are there any additional discounts or promo to apply on top of perkpolis price?
Newbie
Dec 10, 2020
2 posts
Ordered through Perkopolis. $735 after tax with the free Clear View cover. Did anyone else who ordered get a shipping estimation? Can't seem to find an expected delivery date anywhere..
Newbie
Aug 17, 2016
41 posts
20 upvotes
Thanks OP, received mine yesterday with the free case. Very solid phone for the price and I did not notice any issues with the screen and I did the screen test...
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
2208 posts
537 upvotes
KavishK39973 wrote: Ordered through Perkopolis. $735 after tax with the free Clear View cover. Did anyone else who ordered get a shipping estimation? Can't seem to find an expected delivery date anywhere..
I ordered a white with the free case on Jan 7 @ 11am. Shipping notification Friday evening with ETA Monday via Fedex (Brampton)
Member
User avatar
Sep 21, 2003
300 posts
24 upvotes
Stittsville
this video closed the deal for me....will wait for OP9, price is good but the screen issue would be annnoying even if infrequent
Sanity is the Playground for the Un-imaginitive
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 7, 2001
7271 posts
1110 upvotes
Alberta
traktion wrote: what's considered open box? can they take a few dumps with it then return it or what?
Geek Squad certified.

Dave
Newbie
Jan 8, 2021
2 posts
alexalox wrote: Is it your first time buying through Student beans? Enter the code StudentBeans provides when creating your EPP account.
If not, you should have direct access to it.
At least, that's how it worked for me.
I am also facing the same issue. It is the first time using StudentBeans. On StudentBeans website, I only see a 10% extra discount promotion related to Samsung. When I follow the link in that post, StudentBeans gives me a single-use code like this " StudentBeans0XXXXXXXX", and a link to Samsung website. When I do login to Samsung page, it asks me for an employee code. If I enter the code I get from StudentBeans, it always tell me "Please enter a valid employee code" and does not pass this step. Anyone had the same issue before?
Newbie
Jan 8, 2021
2 posts
Nash2000 wrote: I am also facing the same issue. It is the first time using StudentBeans. On StudentBeans website, I only see a 10% extra discount promotion related to Samsung. When I follow the link in that post, StudentBeans gives me a single-use code like this " StudentBeans0XXXXXXXX", and a link to Samsung website. When I do login to Samsung page, it asks me for an employee code. If I enter the code I get from StudentBeans, it always tell me "Please enter a valid employee code" and does not pass this step. Anyone had the same issue before?
Issue resolved today, seems to be fixed from Samsung end.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1470 posts
541 upvotes
Apethos wrote: Thanks for sharing. I bought the phone by itself for $705.49 (a week ago, before tax) and while they didn't offer price protection, they allowed me to return it.
Bought it at this sale price and began the return process for the original one, mostly out of principle. Confused Face
How was the return process? Fairly simple? Does your new phone have the ghost touch issues?
Jr. Member
User avatar
Sep 26, 2016
143 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
Dustler6 wrote: How was the return process? Fairly simple? Does your new phone have the ghost touch issues?
Return process was as simple as packing everything up, applying the label they emailed me, and calling Fedex to pick it up. It took maybe an hour? YMMV of course.
Still waiting on them to process the return since it was only delivered today.

Ghost touch issue is still there, but it wasn't an problem for me on the original, and it's fine on the replacement too.
Only real difference is that the latter's display is a tiny bit less warm at the same settings?
Last edited by Apethos on Jan 12th, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Come eat some chemicals with me 🎶🧪
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1470 posts
541 upvotes
Apethos wrote: Return process was as simple as packing everything up, applying the label they emailed me, and calling Fedex to pick it up. It took maybe an hour? YMMV of course.
Still waiting on them to process the return since it was only delivered today.

Ghost touch issue is still there, but it wasn't an problem for me on the original, and it's fine on the replacement too.
Only real difference is that the latter's display is a tiny bit less warm at the same settings?
Cool thanks for the info!
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1024 posts
655 upvotes
2parks wrote: Still not worth 650 IMO, had it for a week through koodo black friday promo. Sold it, finger print sensor doesnt work well, its fast but couldnt compare to my mi 10, too much samsung bloatware, some is removable but I dont need the hassle. ok camera, nothing special. Battery life is ok not as good as i expected but couldnt compare to mi 10. I can't stand samsungs UI. Thats just me though if your happy with samsung products go for it. Otherwise spend the extra 150 to get a pixel 5. $500 is the most I would pay for the s20 fe
Agree with Samsungs terrible UI. Nova Launcher fixes this tho and you can even get the Pixel news feed.
Member
Jan 19, 2017
243 posts
84 upvotes
The trade in values for tablets are complete shit.

92$ for tab S6.
Member
Dec 28, 2011
238 posts
49 upvotes
How to get SPC for free from Seneca college ? Any one have an idea here ?
Sr. Member
Nov 1, 2015
928 posts
838 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
My girlfriend had an offer from Fido on her $50/mo plan to add a S20 FE for $56/mo with a $36/mo discount.
So it works out to $71/mo but the taxes for BC are only $1.80.
Anyone know what's going on there?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 20, 2003
746 posts
77 upvotes
mec9t8 wrote: Need small assistance with current Canadian A51 owner, does the phone allow to change the System Language to Chinese (Traditional) instead of English or French.
It's for an old Chinese lady, in which her older A5 (2017) can do so.
Just want to make sure before placing the order.
Thanks in advance.
Just answering my own question, yes, it can. I can change it after it fully setup in English. Cheers
Friendly reminder: Signature will be removed for rule violations: font size, colour, and personal sales
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
17946 posts
20137 upvotes
Do all Samsung (Snapdragon) locked phones in North America support the same frequencies even when they're locked to different carriers?

Alternatively, if you were to buy a locked phone from Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, or AT&T, which do you think would best support Rogers bands when unlocked?

Top