[Samsung] Wireless Charger Convertible $21

SAMSUNG Wireless Charger Convertible

$19 WHEN USING PERKOPOLIS
82 replies
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
3188 posts
2083 upvotes
I have a thin piece of metal in my case on the back, I use it to attach to my car mount. Would my s20FE still charge through that piece of metal or no?
Dec 14, 2020
88 posts
232 upvotes
riseagainstthemachine wrote: I have a thin piece of metal in my case on the back, I use it to attach to my car mount. Would my s20FE still charge through that piece of metal or no?
No. It won't work. I used to have a magnet for my car holder too but I switch to a regular car holder now because I got a new S21 Ultra and didn't want to pass on the wireless charging.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
3188 posts
2083 upvotes
BobotteSentie wrote: No. It won't work. I used to have a magnet for my car holder too but I switch to a regular car holder now because I got a new S21 Ultra and didn't want to pass on the wireless charging.
ok thanks. Just so easy to throw the phone at the magnet. might have to get rid of it though.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5662 posts
1416 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
riseagainstthemachine wrote: I have a thin piece of metal in my case on the back, I use it to attach to my car mount. Would my s20FE still charge through that piece of metal or no?
It will not work.

Freedom Mobile
Line 1 $50 20gb with 35% F&F LG Velvet
Line 2 $50 20gb with 35% F&F LG Velvet
Line 3 $65 20gb with 35% F&F iPhone 11
Line 4 $65 20gb with 35% F&F iPhone 11

Dec 14, 2020
88 posts
232 upvotes
riseagainstthemachine wrote: ok thanks. Just so easy to throw the phone at the magnet. might have to get rid of it though.
Oh trust me. I know. I actually miss it. It's was not bulky either. Now my car has this big plastic thing on top of my air vent. Can't have everything I guess.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1036 posts
1125 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, I ordered and received 2 of these last week. It's pretty good quality. It even includes the USB wall charger - even the more expensive $30 Anker that I picked up previously didn't come with it. Heck even the Airpods Pro or iPhone didn't come with it.. blah
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
3555 posts
980 upvotes
GTA
I am able to charge with a metal plate on my S21. I suppose it's all about positioning. We would normally stick the plate dead center on the back of the phone (or case) but as we soon found out, it would not wirelessly charge. Had to drop the plate lower (closer to charging port) so theres no interference. Works again.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5662 posts
1416 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
jaszy wrote: I am able to charge with a metal plate on my S21. I suppose it's all about positioning. We would normally stick the plate dead center on the back of the phone (or case) but as we soon found out, it would not wirelessly charge. Had to drop the plate lower (closer to charging port) so theres no interference. Works again.
Depends where is your plate is.

Freedom Mobile
Line 1 $50 20gb with 35% F&F LG Velvet
Line 2 $50 20gb with 35% F&F LG Velvet
Line 3 $65 20gb with 35% F&F iPhone 11
Line 4 $65 20gb with 35% F&F iPhone 11

Feb 17, 2018
108 posts
76 upvotes
Thanks! Missed it last time. Now for the 60W car charger to be back in stock....
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5314 posts
3342 upvotes
Toronto
My dad has one of these. The actual convertible function is too clunky to switch back and forth regularly but it's nice to have both options.
Jan 5, 2006
269 posts
467 upvotes
Hamilton
Thanks OP! I had just ordered an Anker wireless charger but cancelled it to get this. Since this comes with the wall charger and a usb c cable it was a no brainer. Don't forget your favourite cashback site and airmiles.
Dec 26, 2016
75 posts
50 upvotes
You can still make it work. I have the same setup and I moved the metal plate to the bottom of my phone.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
3611 posts
3238 upvotes
Toronto
barcathegreat wrote: I couldn't find the watts.. Is it 7.5?
9W for Samsung phones

"Get back to your work or playtime quickly with the Fast Wireless Charging capability. Harnessing a maximum of 9W of power, it helps ensure you don't have to wait too long to get back to 100% battery."

"Compatible with Apple devices with wireless charging support up to 7.5W fast charging."
Jun 19, 2016
29 posts
12 upvotes
vancouver
it all depends on where that piece of metal is located, if it away from the wireless charging coil, it will work. I do have cellphone ring on on my phones and they still wireless charge, just make sure you figure out where the coil is, can simply move the metal to different parts of the phone and leave on the charger to see if it charges.