• Jun 27th, 2019 12:45 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1763 posts
552 upvotes

San Francisco vs. Los Angeles

Hi,

I will be flying to Hawaii and I can either stop at SFO or LAX.
The flights are both landing there at night between 8-9pm and will be departing in the morning.

I can't decide which stop I should take!
If I go to SFO, I can see the golden gate bridge and walk around downtown for a day. Not sure what else I woud do. We like sightseeing, exploring, nature, etc.
If I go to LAX, it will surely be different but I am already going to Hawaii, so maybe it will be similar?

Thanks!
4 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
12039 posts
2191 upvotes
Mississauga
If you're landing at 8-9pm and have to leave in the morning, you can't really do much of anything, other than have a late dinner somewhere.
Last edited by Talamasca on Jun 27th, 2019 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jan 31, 2007
438 posts
244 upvotes
You are landing at night and leaving in the morning. By the time you get out of the airport and into either city it'll be 10pm. Your ability to 'walk around downtown for a day' or doing any 'nature/exploring' activity won't be what you think it is.

Between the two, SFO at least has the BART which you can catch to go straight into the main tourist area. You'll probably pay more for hotel in SFO than you would in LAX however.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2174 posts
986 upvotes
Victoria
Definitely SFO for what you’re interested in - you’re right, exploring a bit will be way more interesting.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
35820 posts
9897 upvotes
Ottawa
Either city the airport is quite a ways from town.
San Fransisco would be a better choice but really, from 9PM (plus deplaning and getting your bags and whatever) till the morning flight you won't see anything in either. Pick the one has the best airport hotel for you and go have a drink at the bar and a bite to eat.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.