Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Sandisk USB 3.0 Flash Drive Pack of 3 64GB $14.97

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2021 11:05 pm
Mar 31, 2006
380 posts
251 upvotes
Edmonton

[Costco] Sandisk USB 3.0 Flash Drive Pack of 3 64GB $14.97

I was surprised to see these 3-pack USB drives are already on clearance, considering they just showed up in the warehouse a couple of months ago. The 2-pack ones are still at the $19.99 regular price.

Not sure if this is store specific but there are tons of them at the Sherwood Park, AB warehouse.
IMG_20201222_191541537.jpg
133 replies
Sep 8, 2003
349 posts
704 upvotes
Damn that's good. Just bought 10 packs here in Toronto for 22.97. Need to go tomorrow to see if they lowered the price.

Thanks OP.
Digital Improvements
Most posts are via my mobile, so sorry for any duplicate posts, poor spelling/grammar, lack of photos and other details.
Nov 24, 2018
765 posts
980 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
kingofwit wrote: Damn that's good. Just bought 10 packs here in Toronto for 22.97. Need to go tomorrow to see if they lowered the price.

Thanks OP.
Why do you buy that many? Mind I ask?
===========
Luckymobile (AC+BF deal), 20$ unlimited calls/ text + 3.25gig
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32143 posts
15423 upvotes
Socially Distanced
This is a good price but i seem to need larger and larger (and faster drives).
These days 256GB is my minimum.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
BertL67369 wrote: Why do you buy that many? Mind I ask?
Great question, these drives are terribly slow, okay for small file transfers.

Edit:
DaVibe wrote: This
It looks like this line of USB keys has seen a refresh as this performance is mediocre, but better than expected.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on Dec 23rd, 2020 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Feb 9, 2004
822 posts
322 upvotes
Markham
DaVibe wrote: I knew I should have posted this deal lol

Grabbed one today, Scarborough Costco
What does the read and write speed look like? Some of those cheap USB 3.0 drives have atrocious speed that is more like a USB 2.0 drives.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
Chipbug wrote: What does the read and write speed look like? Some of those cheap USB 3.0 drives have atrocious speed that is more like a USB 2.0 drives.
I can check, just tell me how. How would I check that?
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3663 posts
1174 upvotes
Mars
redflagdealsguy wrote: Great question, these drives are terribly slow, okay for small file transfers.
so they are not good for installing a portable linux to run on it?
Sep 4, 2016
202 posts
137 upvotes
Montreal
forgetpwd wrote: so they are not good for installing a portable linux to run on it?
Yes, you can install a live Linux distro on them. They will work fine.
Also you can use Ventoy and transfer multiple distros onto them. Just boot from the key and choose form the list the one you want to boot with.
I am a Fizz, Rogers and Tangerine customer. Avid Linux user
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
forgetpwd wrote: so they are not good for installing a portable linux to run on it?
Depends on the distro. I think you can find better choices for a little more on Amazon.

If saving a small amount is worth the extra headache, then go for it. It depends on the person, but these are really only good for small file transfers.

Edit:
It looks like this line of USB keys has seen a refresh as this performance is mediocre, but better than expected.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on Dec 23rd, 2020 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Apr 28, 2013
344 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
I've had bad luck with these sliding sandisk sticks. Many have failed/corrupted an also the actual mechanism wears out.
Apr 14, 2018
230 posts
303 upvotes
What’s the read & write speed on this?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
Suprisingly strong. These must be next generation flash modules.

I bought what I believed was the same pack just over a year ago and reported nowhere near those numbers.

Still very weak, but passable for more use cases.

My USB key (on my key chain) does 420 MB/s reads and 300+ MB/s writes. That's megabytes per second, not megabits.
Sep 8, 2003
349 posts
704 upvotes
BertL67369 wrote: Why do you buy that many? Mind I ask?
My business is in transferring old Video, Film, Audio to digital. In years past people wanted DVDs and CDs and now everyone wants files on USB (actually better for a lot of reasons). A lot of customers bring their own USB sticks or drives but sometimes they just buy a stick from me for the transfer.
Digital Improvements
Most posts are via my mobile, so sorry for any duplicate posts, poor spelling/grammar, lack of photos and other details.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1166 posts
478 upvotes
Turbanville
"Beer"
The cause of and solution to all of life's problems.
"SMART" People always makes SMART Choice..!!!!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)