Hot Deals

Saris

Saris smart bike trainer sale ($770 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2022 2:43 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2006
3193 posts
287 upvotes
Montreal
Any new codes?
I was there at the 32$ price error at dell.ca day AND at the 150$ off price error at fs.ca
RFD price error moto: "Buy now, think later." -Ahzuz
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3607 posts
2270 upvotes
mart242 wrote: There goes the warranty I guess..
Let’s see what a new potential buyer says. Also CC extended warranty should be good.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1812 posts
2136 upvotes
How's everyone making out with their trainer? So far so good with mine, still making my way through apps. May end up on Wahoo X. Works perfect with the Saris. Really, every app I've tried has worked perfect.
🏦 Banking: Alterna Bank (1.25%, No fees)
📈 Investing: National Bank Direct Brokerage
💳 Spending: Amex SimplyCash Preferred (2%), Brim Mastercard (1% forex, non-Amex)
📱 Mobile: Eastlink 10GB Rollover ($45/mth)
Dec 6, 2013
814 posts
378 upvotes
Ontario
joshnet wrote: How's everyone making out with their trainer? So far so good with mine, still making my way through apps. May end up on Wahoo X. Works perfect with the Saris. Really, every app I've tried has worked perfect.
I am trying out Rouvy and then Zwift next. I haven't heard of Wahoo so I may try that too, if it comes with free trial.

Rouvy doesn't have music which I think maybe intentional so you can play your own? I've only had 1 ride with it; the graphics worked but the timer and distance display froze about 5 minutes in so that was annoying. It managed to save all my stats though.
:cool:
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1812 posts
2136 upvotes
Yeah, unless you're doing a workout targeted video session/service then it's up to you to provide your own music, or even entertainment in general. Here's my list if it helps:

Wahoo X (RGT and SYSTM), Rouvy, Fulgaz, Zwift, Bkool, MyWhoosh

Although that may just overload you with choice. :D
💳 Spending: Amex SimplyCash Preferred (2%), Brim Mastercard (1% forex, non-Amex)
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2002
2133 posts
68 upvotes
Hamilton
joshnet wrote: Yeah, unless you're doing a workout targeted video session/service then it's up to you to provide your own music, or even entertainment in general. Here's my list if it helps:

Wahoo X (RGT and SYSTM), Rouvy, Fulgaz, Zwift, Bkool, MyWhoosh

Although that may just overload you with choice. :D
Which app if you are looking for the best real scenery?
Heatware 152-0-0 and climbing
Ebay 77+ (87+)
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1812 posts
2136 upvotes
If you just want to ride in real life scenery, then Fulgaz or Rouvy.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1812 posts
2136 upvotes
My body doesn't seem to take kindly to the real life footage stuff, I just did an active recovery ride on Fulgaz and it made me nauseous. Simulated stuff seems to be fine though.
Jul 5, 2006
162 posts
55 upvotes
BTW: If you haven't opened the packet with your manual, I found a code for 30 days free on Zwift in mine.
Dec 31, 2009
82 posts
28 upvotes
Thanks OP ... Congrats to all those that were able to get one ... is there a "new new new new new" code (lol OP) ... or is this deal dead?
(Too bad about Saris .... not sure about the current line up but great quality stuff from the old "cycleops" days)
Last edited by ClutchMan on Jul 3rd, 2022 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1812 posts
2136 upvotes
Guy wrote: BTW: If you haven't opened the packet with your manual, I found a code for 30 days free on Zwift in mine.
Mine included this too, and also 30 days on Rouvy.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6378 posts
203 upvotes
joshnet wrote: If you just want to ride in real life scenery, then Fulgaz or Rouvy.
There's also Virtupro.

No clue which one is better, I've never tried any.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6378 posts
203 upvotes
ClutchMan wrote: Thanks OP ... Congrats to all those that were able to get one ... is there a "new new new new new" code (lol OP) ... or is this deal dead?
(Too bad about Saris .... not sure about the current line up but great quality stuff from the old "cycleops" days)
Likely dead, I assume they just wanted to bump up the end of quarter sales so the numbers look good for the potential buyer.
Feb 11, 2009
371 posts
124 upvotes
Finished setting up everything for zwift. Noted that the freehub or freewheel is pretty loud compared to other trainers.

Saw a video where the person greased it and it reduced the noise significantly. Maybe will have to try that some day as it appears it comes dry from the factory
Dec 10, 2010
201 posts
321 upvotes
Mississauga
Just called Saris and they will have another set of codes released in the next few days. Just sign up for the newsletter at the bottom of their home page. Don't know the details or discount of the upcoming promo.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2015
1070 posts
1221 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Saris stopped responding to emails for me... Not sure if their CS team all quit.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2006
3193 posts
287 upvotes
Montreal
Really sad Saris might go out of business, i really liked their products, esp. the H3 trainer, well-built, silent and not buggy.
I was there at the 32$ price error at dell.ca day AND at the 150$ off price error at fs.ca
RFD price error moto: "Buy now, think later." -Ahzuz

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)