Off Topic

Saskatchewan mother gets beat up by kids at a park

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2019 2:12 am
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jun 9, 2015
773 posts
610 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Saskatchewan mother gets beat up by kids at a park

This popped up on my Google feed. Group of kids were bullying people at a park. This mother caught it on camera, and the kids turned their attention on her.

This behaviour obviously didn't start at this moment .. Solid parenting!

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/canada ... 31311.html
60 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 27, 2012
5592 posts
850 upvotes
Toronto
There must be penalty. Will follow this news
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 16, 2011
3464 posts
2979 upvotes
The NORTH
Why didn't the man video recording step in? I got no problem 'stopping' an assault by some punks especially with evidence that they were the assaulting the woman.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 16, 2006
2098 posts
70 upvotes
This is disgusting. Hope they catch the kids and they get the punishment they deserve.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 27, 2012
5592 posts
850 upvotes
Toronto
kr0zet wrote: Why didn't the man video recording step in? I got no problem 'stopping' an assault by some punks especially with evidence that they were the assaulting the woman.
Maybe scared coz they are minors.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
23556 posts
2855 upvotes
Montreal
kr0zet wrote: Why didn't the man video recording step in? I got no problem 'stopping' an assault by some punks especially with evidence that they were the assaulting the woman.
This is a no win. Do nothing and she gets beat up. Fight back and you get prosecuted for assaulting kids. They should have called 911.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
2657 posts
783 upvotes
Woodbridge
kr0zet wrote: Why didn't the man video recording step in? I got no problem 'stopping' an assault by some punks especially with evidence that they were the assaulting the woman.
I was thinking the same thing. Or at least approach them while recording and then jump in if necessary. At least that way he'd have evidence that he was acting to try to save this woman. I suppose the person filming might have reason to believe that he'd be harmed if he jumped in.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2363 posts
1994 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mr_raider wrote: This is a no win. Do nothing and she gets beat up. Fight back and you get prosecuted for assaulting kids. They should have called 911.
This exactly is the problem.
Many years ago, I was at a shopping mall, there are 2 kids have hammer in their hand going around hitting car windows just for fun. People try to stop them, Their response: I am 10, even you call police, noting will happen to me.
AND you can't even touch me, but I can hit you with my hammer!! SO **** OFF!!
Last edited by cheapshopper on May 22nd, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
******************************************************
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
******************************************************
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
12833 posts
13537 upvotes
Never intervene when children are involved, it never works in your favor.

The same goes for women, if you're a man.

Keep it simple.
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12875 posts
1708 upvotes
Toronto
Not the kid's fault. The parents are to blame.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 16, 2010
5843 posts
2183 upvotes
Aurora
mr_raider wrote:
This is a no win. Do nothing and she gets beat up. Fight back and you get prosecuted for assaulting kids. They should have called 911.
When you're on the losing end of a beating, who the F cares what's legal or not? I wish it were me they assaulted because I'd have zero zero zero problem permanently maiming these "kids" and asking forgiveness later.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
23556 posts
2855 upvotes
Montreal
DiceMan wrote: When you're on the losing end of a beating, who the F cares what's legal or not? I wish it were me they assaulted because I'd have zero zero zero problem permanently maiming these "kids" and asking forgiveness later.
That's self defense. We are talking about a bystander intervening. You are probably big enough to lift them up and restrain them without striking them. That woman was not.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
5085 posts
629 upvotes
Ottawa
mr_raider wrote: That's self defense. We are talking about a bystander intervening. You are probably big enough to lift them up and restrain them without striking them. That woman was not.
Let's face it; if the man would have intervened, there would be other people (maybe one of the kids themselves) who would have filmed it, and it would have been frames as "grown man assaults/beats up kids in the park". He would never get the chance to tell his side of the story in the court of public opinion, especially if it was necessary to use force and one of the kids got injured.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 16, 2010
5843 posts
2183 upvotes
Aurora
mr_raider wrote: That's self defense. We are talking about a bystander intervening. You are probably big enough to lift them up and restrain them without striking them. That woman was not.
I'm speaking of self defence and the video was certainly a self defence situation. Doesn't matter how big I am (and I'm not big). I'm quite sure I don't out-mass the muliple attackers in the vid, and neither does the woman. What I probably have that the woman does not is the survival intinct to snap a finger, blind an eye, smash a rock to head, whatever. They don't get a pass because they're not adults.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
4845 posts
661 upvotes
DiceMan wrote: I'm speaking of self defence and the video was certainly a self defence situation. Doesn't matter how big I am (and I'm not big). I'm quite sure I don't out-mass the muliple attackers in the vid, and neither does the woman. What I probably have that the woman does not is the survival intinct to snap a finger, blind an eye, smash a rock to head, whatever. They don't get a pass because they're not adults.
agree ... wish you were there ...

Top