• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2019 2:12 am
[OP]
Jun 9, 2015
694 posts
519 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Saskatchewan mother gets beat up by kids at a park

This popped up on my Google feed. Group of kids were bullying people at a park. This mother caught it on camera, and the kids turned their attention on her.

This behaviour obviously didn't start at this moment .. Solid parenting!

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/canada ... 31311.html
60 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5431 posts
774 upvotes
Toronto
There must be penalty. Will follow this news
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3164 posts
2457 upvotes
The NORTH
Why didn't the man video recording step in? I got no problem 'stopping' an assault by some punks especially with evidence that they were the assaulting the woman.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
1954 posts
26 upvotes
This is disgusting. Hope they catch the kids and they get the punishment they deserve.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5431 posts
774 upvotes
Toronto
kr0zet wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 3:38 pm
Why didn't the man video recording step in? I got no problem 'stopping' an assault by some punks especially with evidence that they were the assaulting the woman.
Maybe scared coz they are minors.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21688 posts
2421 upvotes
Montreal
kr0zet wrote:
This is a no win. Do nothing and she gets beat up. Fight back and you get prosecuted for assaulting kids. They should have called 911.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
2313 posts
607 upvotes
Woodbridge
kr0zet wrote:
I was thinking the same thing. Or at least approach them while recording and then jump in if necessary. At least that way he'd have evidence that he was acting to try to save this woman. I suppose the person filming might have reason to believe that he'd be harmed if he jumped in.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1571 posts
1007 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mr_raider wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 5:15 pm
This is a no win. Do nothing and she gets beat up. Fight back and you get prosecuted for assaulting kids. They should have called 911.
This exactly is the problem.
Many years ago, I was at a shopping mall, there are 2 kids have hammer in their hand going around hitting car windows just for fun. People try to stop them, Their response: I am 10, even you call police, noting will happen to me.
AND you can't even touch me, but I can hit you with my hammer!! SO **** OFF!!
Last edited by cheapshopper on May 22nd, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
- Rogers $99 VIP Cable + 4K PVR + Gigabit Internet
- Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
7545 posts
7819 upvotes
Never intervene when children are involved, it never works in your favor.

The same goes for women, if you're a man.

Keep it simple.
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12819 posts
1622 upvotes
Toronto
Not the kid's fault. The parents are to blame.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
5172 posts
1429 upvotes
Aurora
mr_raider wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 5:15 pm

When you're on the losing end of a beating, who the F cares what's legal or not? I wish it were me they assaulted because I'd have zero zero zero problem permanently maiming these "kids" and asking forgiveness later.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
21688 posts
2421 upvotes
Montreal
DiceMan wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 6:19 pm
When you're on the losing end of a beating, who the F cares what's legal or not? I wish it were me they assaulted because I'd have zero zero zero problem permanently maiming these "kids" and asking forgiveness later.
That's self defense. We are talking about a bystander intervening. You are probably big enough to lift them up and restrain them without striking them. That woman was not.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
4313 posts
503 upvotes
Ottawa
mr_raider wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 6:36 pm
That's self defense. We are talking about a bystander intervening. You are probably big enough to lift them up and restrain them without striking them. That woman was not.
Let's face it; if the man would have intervened, there would be other people (maybe one of the kids themselves) who would have filmed it, and it would have been frames as "grown man assaults/beats up kids in the park". He would never get the chance to tell his side of the story in the court of public opinion, especially if it was necessary to use force and one of the kids got injured.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
5172 posts
1429 upvotes
Aurora
mr_raider wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 6:36 pm
I'm speaking of self defence and the video was certainly a self defence situation. Doesn't matter how big I am (and I'm not big). I'm quite sure I don't out-mass the muliple attackers in the vid, and neither does the woman. What I probably have that the woman does not is the survival intinct to snap a finger, blind an eye, smash a rock to head, whatever. They don't get a pass because they're not adults.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
4744 posts
641 upvotes
DiceMan wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 7:07 pm
I'm speaking of self defence and the video was certainly a self defence situation. Doesn't matter how big I am (and I'm not big). I'm quite sure I don't out-mass the muliple attackers in the vid, and neither does the woman. What I probably have that the woman does not is the survival intinct to snap a finger, blind an eye, smash a rock to head, whatever. They don't get a pass because they're not adults.
agree ... wish you were there ...