Hot Deals

[SaskLiquor] Johnnie Walker Game of Thrones limited editions blended scotch for $28.49 in Saskatchewan

[OP]
May 12, 2008
38 posts
26 upvotes

Johnnie Walker Game of Thrones limited editions blended scotch for $28.49 in Saskatchewan

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
50%
Retailer:
SaskLiquor
The SLGA looks to be clearing out old stock and has these on offer. Good deal if looking for a fathers day deal and who is a GOT/Blended Scotch fan . JW Red as an example, is going for $34.99 for the 750ml format in the province right now. Several stores are still carrying these at the time of this posting.

Johnnie Walker Game of Thrones A Song of Fire 750ml
$28.49 from $56.49
https://www.saskliquor.com/spirits/m1703505/diageo-canada-johnnie-walker-game-of-thrones-a-song-of-fire-750ml/

Johnnie Walker Game of Thrones A Song of Ice 750ml
$28.49 from $56.49
https://www.saskliquor.com/spirits/m1703500/diageo-canada-johnnie-walker-game-of-thrones-a-song-of-ice-750ml/

A blenders batch offering that was a limited run is also on offer too in a couple of locations and is cheaper by $5 compared to Wiser's Special Blend.

Johnnie Walker BB Red Rye Finish 750ml
$20.97 from $33.97
https://www.saskliquor.com/spirits/m1659959/diageo-canada-johnnie-walker-bb-red-rye-finish-750ml/
14 replies
Sep 1, 2015
883 posts
1082 upvotes
I didn't know about these. I was able to buy some of the limited edition houses but not the Baratheon or Nights Watch ones I really wanted. And I got one of the White Walker. But that was before the last season. And now my collection of those bottles is hidden lol.
Aug 20, 2020
31 posts
20 upvotes
Lawson Heights, SK
Thanks for posting - will definitely pick up one of each!
Mar 30, 2007
455 posts
34 upvotes
Saskatchewan
These prices have been in effect since at least January btw.

I did some scraping of their site around that time in an attempt to find deeply discounted spirits to start my home bar. Through that I found that SLGA's discounts are absolute garbage and I ended up stocking my bar elsewhere for cheaper.

I bought the red rye finish for that prince in Jan, it's okay, nothing special. Decent mixer.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1172 posts
942 upvotes
Airdrie
I sold my collection of GOT scotches for twice what I paid for them... About a week before they re-released most of them Smiling Face With Sunglasses

I would pick these up as a cheap mixing scotch, price is good.
Jul 16, 2019
130 posts
145 upvotes
mcwilly wrote: I sold my collection of GOT scotches for twice what I paid for them... About a week before they re-released most of them Smiling Face With Sunglasses

I would pick these up as a cheap mixing scotch, price is good.
So… you’re bootlegging booze and admitting it on an Internet forum?
Sep 18, 2007
63 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
Or just buying it south of the border and importing it legally.
Koodo $40/11GB (6GB + 5GB Bonus)
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1510 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto, ON
the scotch itself is crap, but I liked the bottle. I got a bottle of Whiter Walker from LHR for GBP35 when it was first released and used most of it for cooking lol
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1172 posts
942 upvotes
Airdrie
Chonksplonket wrote: So… you’re bootlegging booze and admitting it on an Internet forum?
Yes, and to make matters worse it was cross a provincial border to a Saskatchewan buyer. I'm part of a major underground liquor trafficking business. But don't tell anyone.
Jul 20, 2017
914 posts
1055 upvotes
People buy the bottles only on ebay. (Liquor dranked already)

If they ACTUALLY made these a "limited edition" -- they would fetch a pretty penny..

But yea they've been available for several years now, in very large quantities.. So don't seem very limited. I even found them in duty free even cheaper in other countries.
Jul 16, 2019
130 posts
145 upvotes
mcwilly wrote: Yes, and to make matters worse it was cross a provincial border to a Saskatchewan buyer. I'm part of a major underground liquor trafficking business. But don't tell anyone.
Crime of the century, maybe not. Potentially running afoul of your provinces liquor control board to make a cool $50-100… worth the risk? I dunno. I likely wouldn’t brag about it online. Governments generally don’t love bootlegging but I mean it’s a solid flip bro, good work 👍🏻
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3664 posts
1903 upvotes
Starts off really well. Complex, structured and well crafted - you can't possibly miss the love that went into it... But then the finish ruins the entire experience. The whisky on the other hand - garbage.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
1598 posts
3456 upvotes
I’m up voting this deal even though I live in Ontario. Wish we could find deals like that here but it what is.
Oct 6, 2018
374 posts
561 upvotes
txenglan wrote: Starts off really well. Complex, structured and well crafted - you can't possibly miss the love that went into it... But then the finish ruins the entire experience. The whisky on the other hand - garbage.
Lmao this is hilarious and so true!
Jul 27, 2009
750 posts
221 upvotes
toronto
txenglan wrote: Starts off really well. Complex, structured and well crafted - you can't possibly miss the love that went into it... But then the finish ruins the entire experience. The whisky on the other hand - garbage.
Is this what was served at the red wedding?