Expired Hot Deals

Sasktel, time to leave Robbers. $200 wireless credit for porting number.

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 4th, 2015 2:50 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
1523 posts
274 upvotes

Sasktel, time to leave Robbers. $200 wireless credit for porting number.

Deal Link:
Sasktel has a promo that ends march 31 where if you port your number over from another carrier, you get a 200 dollar billing credit.

Good bye to bad rogers reception if your in a contract.

Rogers really need to make their plans more competitive if they are to remain afloat here.

I got a good plan with rogers but that's before they made this credit limitation thing for retentions. Now they just charge the same as everyone else with Wind mobility like reception here.
Feel the wraith of the Old English Sheepdog.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
1105 posts
341 upvotes
Regina, SK
$200 credit is nice, but if you have a $45 monthly plan right now you will need a $60 or $70 monthly plan to get some comparable features. Less data on the $60 and more data with the $70. The $200 credit with $60 monthly over 2 years will end up working out to about $45 a month anyway.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2004
5136 posts
1206 upvotes
You have to spend $70 a month for any plans that have unlimited local daytime minutes which is an absolute joke. Anything under $70 results in 300 daytime minutes with free evenings and weekends. I feel like im in 1999 with Sasktel. I cant wait to leave in a few months when my contract is up.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5604 posts
1672 upvotes
Toronto
there goes all your high hopes OP
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
4700 posts
1643 upvotes
Vancouver
nelly29 wrote: They only need 1 tower to cover all of Saskatchewan since it is so flat...maybe they might have to add a 2nd tower? hahahahaha
You'd think this could be true but the reality is that Rogers coverage in SK is abysmal once you are outside of the Regina/Saskatoon coverage and more than 10km off Hwy#1. I often travel into the mines in SK and find it is just like that TV commercial where the guy with the sad face is me staring at my phone with one bar of "E" coverage wondering why my voice calls keep dropping while my counterparts on Telus or SaskTel are downloading documents while chatting up tech support in regards to the equipment we have been sent in to fix. I took a wrong turn once and after 20 minutes of driving on a dusty gravel road through wheat fields stopped to check if Google Maps could be accessed - not a chance! So, checking where the sun was in the sky and noting the time of day, I headed south knowing I would eventually cross Hwy#1 and get data reception (maybe).

The OP should check to see if he/she has any Rogers-EXT networks in his area.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/03/04/roger ... -coverage/

In BC my coverage is great/good everywhere except in my home office. I got really excited the other day when I received a series of texts warning of and apologizing for the downtime as the system was rebooted to enable the new 700MHz band. A minute later it was back up and.... still 3 bars of 4G, no LTE. I see I now have two other networks (ROGERS-EXT) to roam on - one does not connect and the other is 3G... figures. I have 6 months left in my contract and will not be with Rogers once it expires.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2004
5136 posts
1206 upvotes
Saskatchewan is half Canadian Shield. You learn this in grade 3 geography. Google some images. It's not all flat.
To the OP look at Telus and Bell. They have $55 plans, that include hardware upgrades, that are substantially better than Sasktel $60 plans and apparently use the same cell towers.