Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
3807 posts
1600 upvotes

[SATA] Toronto (YYZ) to Lisbon (LIS) Nov-Mar $499 Return

For those who missed the sale last month, SATA now has another promotion from Toront to Lisbon.

Sales until October 31st.

Travel from November 1st to December 17th and from January 17th to March 27th.

Smart Fare allowing one checked bag free.
35 replies
Jul 10, 2006
394 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
Too bad these are not direct flights. Direct flight would save at least two hours.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4202 posts
287 upvotes
Was just about to post this.
You can get a shorter stopover in the Azores, but depends on day. I have a 7.5hour layover so it'll give me a chance to look around.
Not my top choice, as I would have preferred to have a look around Lisbon, but for just over $500 I can't complain too much.
The return leg is direct though at least.

[IMG]https://d1el4f8hl798w3.cloudfront.net/s ... 014_EN.JPG[/IMG]
I'm looking for a NZ Silver Fern Kiwi coin! :)
Nov 28, 2010
473 posts
231 upvotes
travelled once with sata.

oldest *****tiest plane ever. flight was also delayed full 24 hour.
Nov 25, 2005
241 posts
20 upvotes
slitcher wrote:
Oct 16th, 2014 8:55 pm
travelled once with sata.

oldest *****tiest plane ever. flight was also delayed full 24 hour.
I travelled with my family with Sata to the Azores 2 years ago. Average airline, nothing special, nothing terrible. We stayed on Sao Miguel Island, was pretty interesting/beautiful, but not much tourism infrastructure. Was pretty easy to rent a car and get around. I think most people either have family here or come on a cruise ship. Worth a 2-3 day stop-over if you can swing it.
Nov 28, 2010
473 posts
231 upvotes
exactly like I did. My GF is from Sao Miguel.

Not only did they delay the flight 24 full hours, but had nothing else to serve than fish which I am allergic to when came time to get my meal. I was horribly pissed at the airline. Worst thing is it's pretty much the only way to get to Sao Miguel and pretty much the whole rest of my GF's family is still there. I love going there it's paradise on earth and people are so nice but SATA airline really ain't *****.
Oct 29, 2007
298 posts
19 upvotes
I have plan to go to Germany (Frankfurt, Munich or Stuttgart), is there any method to search a low price flight between Lisbon and one of a German city?
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4202 posts
287 upvotes
iandi wrote:
Oct 16th, 2014 9:31 pm
I travelled with my family with Sata to the Azores 2 years ago. Average airline, nothing special, nothing terrible. We stayed on Sao Miguel Island, was pretty interesting/beautiful, but not much tourism infrastructure. Was pretty easy to rent a car and get around. I think most people either have family here or come on a cruise ship. Worth a 2-3 day stop-over if you can swing it.
Sounds like its comparable to Air Transat.
I personally don't expect much or anything along the lines of BA, Avianca or AC. Yes, I actually liked AC!
slitcher wrote:
Oct 16th, 2014 9:38 pm
exactly like I did. My GF is from Sao Miguel.
Not only did they delay the flight 24 full hours, but had nothing else to serve than fish which I am allergic to when came time to get my meal. I was horribly pissed at the airline. Worst thing is it's pretty much the only way to get to Sao Miguel and pretty much the whole rest of my GF's family is still there. I love going there it's paradise on earth and people are so nice but SATA airline really ain't *****.
As long as I don't get stuck on the Azores I'm happy. I'd be totally fine being stuck in Europe because it would give me a chance to explore some more.

Sucks though about your allergy though. Were you able to get anything back from your insurance at least?
andyhejob wrote:
Oct 16th, 2014 9:49 pm
I have plan to go to Germany (Frankfurt, Munich or Stuttgart), is there any method to search a low price flight between Lisbon and one of a German city?
Google flights is your friend.
But specific airlines to check out: easyjet, ryanair, BA, flybe, BMI, AirBerlin and so on...
andyhejob wrote:
Oct 16th, 2014 9:53 pm
Any recommend Portugal and Spain tour?
Can't recommend any specific but Thomas Cooke does tours but look up Viator. They also do tours and it would at least give you something to start ideas with.
Also commerce of tourism and so on.
I'm looking for a NZ Silver Fern Kiwi coin! :)
Nov 28, 2010
473 posts
231 upvotes
They gave me an extra bread !!! They directed me to file a complain which I didnt do given the possible outcome vs hassle.
Jan 8, 2012
559 posts
293 upvotes
Williams Lake
Thanks for the post.

Keep up the good work.

cheers

asdf
May 10, 2009
173 posts
26 upvotes
andyhejob wrote:
On top of what IceBlueShoes have said, you can try Skyscanner, and use the UK site or the French site. They have different vendors selling different flights.
You can also try TAP Portugal, it is a discount airline and they are sometimes decently cheap.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
3211 posts
1107 upvotes
Toronto
andyhejob wrote:
Google Flights.

I always use Google Flights as a starting point when searching for any flight anywhere in the world. Then I'll go the airline websites to confirm prices and availability.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2010
1148 posts
641 upvotes
Toronto
My sorry @ss needs business class. Where dat be?
Feb 19, 2012
498 posts
75 upvotes
Montreal
I have bad experience with them.

Delay almost full 24 hours then food not enough for people onboard. I was like WTH?