Food & Drink

Is the sauce in Ferrero Rocher and Kinder Bueno the same as Nutella?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2015 12:19 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 18, 2014
727 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Is the sauce in Ferrero Rocher and Kinder Bueno the same as Nutella?

I like the taste of Nutella and Ferrero Rocher and Kinder Bueno. To me they basically taste the same. OK, they are basically owned by the same company. But is that chocolate nut sauce found inside Ferrero Rocher and Kinder Bueno essentially Nutella? Exactly the same thing or pretty much similar?

There is a difference for Kinder Bueno I guess. Memory recalls it being brownish in color instead of chocolate color. So clearly not EXACTLY the same in this case. But could just be colorant or nut content. To me the taste between the products are basically indistinguishable.

Of course though, Ferrero Rocher is expensive. Could be the nut and other ingredients that make it more expensive. But is that sauce a higher class thing also compared to Nutella?

Basically I'm wondering if Nutella is the same as the ingredient found in the other two products. (Granted Kinder Bueno is a different color)
7 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19529 posts
2244 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
IT wouldn't surprise me if they were made by the same company but then again, look at how many 'nutella' like spread there are in the super market. The taste is pretty similar as well.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12861 posts
1484 upvotes
Pickering
I'll go with no. Nutella seems stronger, flavour wise.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2005
7766 posts
164 upvotes
They were all created by the same manufacturer Ferrero.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
7426 posts
2381 upvotes
0 downvotes
nano wrote: They were all created by the same manufacturer Ferrero.
Ferraro makes nutella and those little chocolates with the foil wrapper, so yes they r da same
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
3832 posts
3698 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I think your first question should be is hazelnut spread a "sauce" ....you will find your spiritual awakening and being enlightened for ions on end
[OP]
Jul 18, 2014
727 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto, ON
There's always a grammar police everywhere. Yet the irony here is he forgets his punctuations himself too.

Actually, it is a sauce, depending on how you use the product. Customers are not FORCED to use nutella as a bread spread. I've used it in ice cream, in lava cakes, etc. The point though, is the 'sauce' was in reference to those found in the processed products mentioned, namely Ferrero Rocher and Kinder Bueno.
[OP]
Jul 18, 2014
727 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Supercooled wrote: IT wouldn't surprise me if they were made by the same company but then again, look at how many 'nutella' like spread there are in the super market. The taste is pretty similar as well.
All three products mentioned are owned by the same parent company.

I've only ever tried nutella so can't comment on taste of other stuff.