Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Saucony running shoes: Freedom ISO $99.99 and other deals

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2019 12:51 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9503 upvotes
Winchester

Saucony running shoes: Freedom ISO $99.99 and other deals

Deal Link:
Price:
$99.99
Savings:
50%
Saucony Men's Freedom ISO. This is a decent, lightweight, neutral trainer / race-day shoe. A little heavier than a Kinvara but way more responsive and cushioned. The uppers are Saucony's ISO approach akin to Nike's flyknit - locks the foot down with a breathable, sock-like feel. I like these. They are obviously clearing them out because the Freedom ISO2 is now on the market. Lots of sizes available as well.

Triumph ISO 4 SAUCONY MEN'S TRIUMPH ISO 4 RUNNING SHOES $87.99

These are my go-to trainers for my long runs - basically, anything over 20 kms and particularly in the early weeks of marathon training. I used to even race in the predecessors of these back in my half marathon days. But this really is a cushioned, neutral trainer and is a little too much on the heavy side for shorter distances, speed work, or races. If I didn't already own way too many shoes, I would snap up a pair or two at this price.

From the website:

The men’s Triumph ISO 4 Running Shoe now has an updated design to provide the ultimate cushioned neutral running experience. The 4th edition of this shoe has a plushly cushioned full-length EVERUNTM midsole. This midsole delivers enhanced energy return and continuous cushioning throughout your run. It also features Saucony’s redesigned ISOFIT system, which has extra stretch to allow you to customize your fit. This dynamic system uses the lacing to morph to the shape and motion of your foot. TRI-FLEX outsoles enhance force dispersion over a larger surface area while still providing optimal traction and flexibility. Saucony finished the Triumph ISO 4’s with engineered mesh uppers that breathe with your feet, feeling fresh and supportive each time you lace up.
  • Plush full-length EVERUNTM midsole
  • EVERUNTM topsole construction
  • Updated ISOFIT design
  • Engineered mesh upper
  • TRI-FLEX outsole
  • Neutral Support
  • Plush cushioning
  • 8mm drop

Super deal on the Ride 10 as well: https://www.thelasthunt.com/products/sa ... scy-s20373

Not in the same league as the Triumph ISO but slightly lighter and a deal at $64

For some reason, the sale prices for the women's versions of these shoes are not as low

Some warm-ish deals directly from Saucony here: https://www.saucony.com/CA/en_CA/outlet ... refv1=true

I have purchased in the past from the Last Hunt, Running Room, Saucony.com, and Running Free with zero issues. No returns from The Last Hunt so sizing is definitely important.

Edited to update sale prices and add additional links.
Last edited by CaptSmethwick on Feb 2nd, 2019 5:14 am, edited 7 times in total.
Upvoting respectful and helpful RFDers since 2007
35 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 14, 2006
10084 posts
1418 upvotes
Anyone know how these would compare to the Asics Nimbus 19s? I ran in those for the SL10K and it was good, felt like I was on pillows the entire time.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2913 posts
3056 upvotes
Toronto
mcg wrote: Anyone know how these would compare to the Asics Nimbus 19s? I ran in those for the SL10K and it was good, felt like I was on pillows the entire time.
They should be very similar.
In general, Saucony Triumph, Brooks Glycerin, Asics Nimbus, New Balance 1080, Nike Vomero, and a Mizuno that I don't recall the name, should be all equivalent and pretty much differences will be noticed by each individual (your weight, how you land, ...)

edit -

Sportchek have some numbers on blue for 86ish:
https://www.sportchek.ca/product/332461 ... =332461629
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2701 posts
1378 upvotes
Huge FYI: any purchases made from the website are neither exchangeable nor refundable, unless it's defective or what you receive is different than what you bought. Huge deal killer for me, as I have learned, in the past, that size consistency is not the same for all manufacturers (+/- 0.5).
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote: Huge FYI: any purchases made from the website are neither exchangeable nor refundable, unless it's defective or what you receive is different than what you bought. Huge deal killer for me, as I have learned, in the past, that size consistency is not the same for all manufacturers (+/- 0.5).
Go try them on at your closest sports store ...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9503 upvotes
Winchester
GT!! wrote: Go try them on at your closest sports store ...
Except if one tries them on at a local store, one should buy there. On-line sources for subsequent purchases only.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9503 upvotes
Winchester
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote: Huge FYI: any purchases made from the website are neither exchangeable nor refundable, unless it's defective or what you receive is different than what you bought. Huge deal killer for me, as I have learned, in the past, that size consistency is not the same for all manufacturers (+/- 0.5).
Agreed. Even in Saucony, there are slight differences - some shoes I'm an 11, some an 11.5, and some are 12s. A lot has to do with how the heel hugs and how generous the toe-box is. These Triumphs have a generous toe-box in my experience.
May 10, 2010
63 posts
11 upvotes
Oakville
Wish the Mizuno Wave Inspire had more sizes, this sites pretty good, those shoes are pretty good for that price too, even as walking shoes
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4485 posts
2119 upvotes
CaptSmethwick wrote: Except if one tries them on at a local store, one should buy there. On-line sources for subsequent purchases only.
yes yes, and we are not on RFD..
and we live in a perfect world.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9503 upvotes
Winchester
Original post edited to remove reference to an expired further discount.

I also note that Runningfree.com now matches the $87.99 price for the Triumph ISO 4 https://www.runningfree.com/products/Sa ... rtByPre=lp.

These are amazing prices - the 2019 version is out but not much different than the ISO4. IMO, not worth an extra $100 a pair for the current year model that is slightly heavier but that also (as Saucony claims) offers improvements in energy return.
Sep 17, 2018
492 posts
505 upvotes
Just ordered the freedom iso @ $99 last week Neutral Face. Hot deal if you can get the right size. People say you should size up a half size in the freedom iso.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
4151 posts
838 upvotes
Any free shipping codes?
RFD'er since 2007 😎
Dec 25, 2006
781 posts
790 upvotes
Ottawa
Has anyone ordered from The Last Hunt before? I realise that sales are final, but I was wondering what the shipping time etc was like? Thanks so much.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
2484 posts
3179 upvotes
Ottawa
How does the Freedom ISO compare to the Adidas Pureboost DPR? I'm looking for a purely fast-running neutral shoe to add in rotation.
Mar 5, 2006
171 posts
30 upvotes
Montreal
marksmithy69 wrote: Has anyone ordered from The Last Hunt before? I realise that sales are final, but I was wondering what the shipping time etc was like? Thanks so much.
Pretty quick. Usually ships the next business day from Montreal. My orders have arrived in 2-3 business days (to the Montreal area).
Jan 10, 2015
55 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Discount code “SHP10” gives you $10 off $100

Ordered two pairs of the Freedom ISO’s. Thanks for the deal OP!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9503 upvotes
Winchester
Rather than start a new thread, I will post this here: MEN'S SPEEDCROSS VARIO 2 TRAIL RUNNING SHOES $76.99 CAD regularly $139.99

This is a really good trail shoe that I used to use for my winter runs as well. Its sole is a little firm for pavement but not desperately so. I use them now when my run will be mostly trail or turf.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9503 upvotes
Winchester
And there's this one. I've only ever tried this one on at a store and didn't pull the trigger as it didn't give me anything that my Salomons already did. Seemed like a well put-together shoe and may be a tad more forgiving on the asphalt parts of your run.

Saucony MEN'S XODUS ISO 2 TRAIL SHOES $67.99