• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2004 6:43 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 25, 2004
7 posts

[Amazon.com] Save 1.57% on all purchases at Amazon - no code needed

Save 1.57% from A9, a new search engine by Amazon.
CLICK HERE http://a9.com to access A9, and be sure to log in with your same userid & password that you use at Amazon. (It is an Amazon company, so security should be the same).

After you CLICK HERE and sign in, and then navigate to Amazon (write amazon in the search box), you should see this logo:

[IMG]http://g-images.amazon.com/images/G/01/ ... o_swap.gif[/IMG]

Now when you put items in your cart, you should notice the discount.
18 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2003
1652 posts
181 upvotes
Hamilton
DOES THIS SEEM FISHY TO ANYONE ELSE? A newbie that joined today sharing this ***GREAT*** website?!?!

Site looks pretty mickey mouse to me - to be related to Amazon?
Or is this a new attempt to collect logins & passwords?

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
> :(
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2003
1942 posts
85 upvotes
I think you might be right slotscanada

I checked the web registry for A9 and Amazon, not even close

And what good is that link, we do our shopping from Amazon.ca not .com

And the person posting is from the US if that makes any difference
Feb 4, 2003
101 posts
A9.com is 100% an amazon company. Do a search in any news source and you'll find that it's there competition to google (even though the bottom of the page says "Search results enhanced by Google"). The deal is completely legitimate but it doesn't work for amazon.co.uk or amazon.ca only amazon.com, and I don't believe they ship to Canada.
Apr 11, 2004
15 posts
I think you two should do some research before accusing people of data mining. It really doesn't encourage others, especially new members to post again.
Sep 19, 2004
663 posts
105 upvotes
slotscanada wrote:DOES THIS SEEM FISHY TO ANYONE ELSE? A newbie that joined today sharing this ***GREAT*** website?!?!

Site looks pretty mickey mouse to me - to be related to Amazon?
Or is this a new attempt to collect logins & passwords?

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
> :(

the site is Amazon's competition to Google, it's supposedly their "Google" killer.
Banned
Dec 7, 2003
1330 posts
It took me a whole 2 minutes to log onto Amazon.com and start looking for A9 , and behold on the left hand side is a search box with the logo A9 on it.

but i dont see anywhere on the site where it says we save a %, just says it stores our info and junk . did i miss it somewhere
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1769 posts
202 upvotes
Save 1.57% off purchases. So if I spend $100 I will save $1.57. I guess if you need to buy something a saving is a savings.
Mar 29, 2004
744 posts
1 upvote
A9 is an Amazon company, this is no scam.....

What I don't understand is how can it be a Google killer if its search results are Google results...

And if they are competition, why does Google allow them to use their search technology in the first place? Isn't it mostly just a rebranded Google search?
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1024 upvotes
It's legit. I posted this offer at goldfishlegs awhile ago and the site owner posted the marketing blurb about it that he recieved from Amazon.

For the record Amazon.com does ship CDs, books, vhs, vinyl and DVDs to Canada and some "shops" within Amazon do ship other products but I dunno if the A9 offer can be used with stores within Amazon.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1366 posts
127 upvotes
Markham
With the CAD$ going up and US$ going down, does anyone see any better deals ordering from AMAZON.COM compare to AMAZON.CA?
torontodragon
All opinions expressed by me are mine and may not agree with my employer or any person, company, or thing, living or dead, on or near this or any other planet, moon, asteroid, or other spatial object, natural or manufactured
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
10552 posts
2929 upvotes
Richmond Hill
torontodragon wrote:With the CAD$ going up and US$ going down, does anyone see any better deals ordering from AMAZON.COM compare to AMAZON.CA?
this is a good point, thanks for mentioning this :lol:
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
12507 posts
2787 upvotes
Mississauga
Too bad they don't offer free shipping to Canada but if the item price is low enough, it could be a good deal. For example, ROTK EE is only about $20US but with S&H and the exchange rate, it comes out to about $37 Canadian.
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Solid deal, I'll take advantage of it when it applies to Canadian purchases.
Heatware | eBay | (Last updated 12-28-2008)
Apr 15, 2004
29 posts
Just remember that when you're buying from the states it takes forever to get through customs and they add a $5 handling fee on top of the pst and gst :(
Dec 24, 2003
520 posts
1 upvote
Thank you Kate54 and welcome to the board! I used it to order the Shure E3C, a deal that was mentioned recently that I had missed out on. This price is compatible to that deal.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1024 upvotes
Thwack wrote:Just remember that when you're buying from the states it takes forever to get through customs and they add a $5 handling fee on top of the pst and gst :(
RFD should really place a sticky for this since so many people are mistaken.

With Amazon select the basic shipping method and you won't be charged pst/gst/$5 handling. It won't even be stopped by customs so it should take the average time.

Barnes and Noble charges GST and ships from within Canada so no PST, wait time or $5 handling fee.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Nov 22, 2003
841 posts
10 upvotes
It's legit:[QUOTE]C:\>ping a9.com
Pinging a9.com [207.171.166.57] with 32 bytes of data:
Control-C
C:\Documents and Settings\Pi>ping -a 207.171.166.57
Pinging 166-57.amazon.com [207.171.166.57] with 32 bytes of data:
Control-C[/QUOTE]But I do understand the original concerns. It just takes someone to do the verification.
[OP]
Oct 25, 2004
7 posts
etcbq wrote:Thank you Kate54 and welcome to the board! I used it to order the Shure E3C, a deal that was mentioned recently that I had missed out on. This price is compatible to that deal.
Thank you for the warm welcome :D

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)