• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2011 2:17 pm
[OP]
Banned
Jul 29, 2010
165 posts
196 upvotes

SAVE BIG on Inflatable Air Swimmers!

I just purchased this really cool new gadget. It's a remote control inflatable air swimmer. I was looking online for the best price and I noticed that it is selling for $42.00 on their official website. I found an awesome deal online and I wanted to share it on this forum:
http://airswimmers.com/ (Official Website) sales it for: $42.00
Lightake.com sales it for : $22.99 + FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING with tracking number (That's almost 50% OFF!) Best Online price I have found.
Link: http://lightake.com/products.do/categor ... g_Fish-509 (Option between Shark or Clownish)
Videos are available on the site in case you're curious.

I can't wait to receive it!
15 replies
Jan 10, 2007
563 posts
751 upvotes
I'd be careful about this. The online photo shows a different controller and box in the background. Its probably a knockoff and they look pretty blatant about copying instructions, etc.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3229 posts
2193 upvotes
Montreal
please let this be the real one? I wanna order but I dont want it to be a cheap knockoff :(

Even on the website and the video they use different remotes, the red one is not seen elsewhere than lightake though,
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1728 posts
2625 upvotes
Besides renting a helium tank from a party supply store, where can we find cheap sources of helium?
Apr 11, 2005
528 posts
98 upvotes
driverso wrote: I'd be careful about this. The online photo shows a different controller and box in the background. Its probably a knockoff and they look pretty blatant about copying instructions, etc.

That's really cool...I'd never seen anything quite like that before! However, methinks this is a fake, sadly. You'll most likely be receiving a "Flying Fish" brand (as per the photos) rather than an "Air Swimmer".

Oh, and small tanks of helium can be bought for approx. $20 at Walmart or Toys R Us in the party supplies area.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3229 posts
2193 upvotes
Montreal
lynk wrote: Besides renting a helium tank from a party supply store, where can we find cheap sources of helium?

Try flower shops and some hallmark stores have helium tanks to blow it up without having to buy the whole thing.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7266 posts
1803 upvotes
I'm sure you'll get bored after 10 mins of play... Maybe great to scare your cat once.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3229 posts
2193 upvotes
Montreal
Im gonna hang ads on it and fly it around public spaces. :idea:
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2448 posts
916 upvotes
DO NOT GET THE FAKE ONES...I tried fake one from China and it's really bad quality.

I gave real one as gift and helium lasted over a month. Fake one stop floating after a few days...it's complete waste of money.
Pay a few more bucks and get the real thing.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3726 posts
1988 upvotes
Ontario
lynk wrote: Besides renting a helium tank from a party supply store, where can we find cheap sources of helium?

When they have them in, Costco is a good source to get a helium tank.
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3723 posts
410 upvotes
Thank you for this post, I am definitely going to buy the real one for the kids for the holidays, it is so cool.

Shipping to Canada is $20, does anyone know if they reduce the declared amount so we don't get dinged by Customs?

Also they sell replacement balloons, is that because these break often, should I be purchasing some with my order?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 2, 2001
5044 posts
2734 upvotes
GTA
Rockstead wrote: Shipping to Canada is $20, does anyone know if they reduce the declared amount so we don't get dinged by Customs?

I tried that and it didn't work for some reason, got dinged $25 from ups. With shipping and fees it cost me 125 for both of the air swimmers, which im actually selling in my sig.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3723 posts
410 upvotes
shabby wrote: I tried that and it didn't work for some reason, got dinged $25 from ups. With shipping and fees it cost me 125 for both of the air swimmers, which im actually selling in my sig.
What about the replacement balloons, are they required?
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2006
1900 posts
84 upvotes
Rockstead wrote: Thank you for this post, I am definitely going to buy the real one for the kids for the holidays, it is so cool.

Shipping to Canada is $20, does anyone know if they reduce the declared amount so we don't get dinged by Customs?

Also they sell replacement balloons, is that because these break often, should I be purchasing some with my order?

Ask them to prefill with helium - that should cut down the shipping weight!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 2, 2001
5044 posts
2734 upvotes
GTA
Rockstead wrote: What about the replacement balloons, are they required?

I don't see why they would be, patching them up shouldn't be that difficult in case you puncture it.
May 28, 2005
425 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
Mastermind and Showcase stores are selling these for $39.99 and $49.99 respectively. Saw them at Hillcrest mall today.