• Last Updated:
  • Apr 15th, 2012 9:06 pm
[OP]
Banned
Jul 29, 2010
165 posts
196 upvotes

[SAVE BIG!] V911 4-Channel 2.4GHz Single Blade RC Helicopter with Gyro

I came across this really cool new RC Helicopter introduced as "The first outdoor Mini RC Helicopter". I did some research to find the cheapest price online and I came across lightake.com which is offering this amazing helicopter at an incredible price.. ONLY $44.99 with FREE SHIPPING! Some ads read that"the shape, material, weight, as well as the flight performance, with quality exceeds 90% as that "big" brand but roughly 1/3 in price! This mini RC Helicopter is packed with a built in Gyro, a 1.8 inch screen display and much more!
To get the full list of specs plus a video demonstration check out the product page:
Product:http://lightake.com/detail.do/sku.V911_ ... yro_-48730
Price: $44.99 + FREE SHIPPPING

Other websites that sell the same product at a higher price:
http://www.rchelicopterselect.com/wl-v9 ... opter.html
http://www.rchelicopterfactory.com/sdp/ ... _Blad.html
36 replies
Feb 5, 2007
355 posts
10 upvotes
I ordered one of these RC helicopters from lighttake (a cheaper model)

I would only like to add that shipping times are very long (items come from China - can take up to a month to receive it with their 'free/normal' option) but besides that the item was fine
[OP]
Banned
Jul 29, 2010
165 posts
196 upvotes
SoBored wrote: I ordered one of these RC helicopters from lighttake (a cheaper model)

I would only like to add that shipping times are very long (items come from China - can take up to a month to receive it with their 'free/normal' option) but besides that the item was fine

That is true, but I really think it's worth the wait and plus you get a tracking number so at least you'll be able to track your package..
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14744 posts
2466 upvotes
Toronto
You should check flea markets as well. A lot of people are selling the 4 feet long helicopters for $80. The reason they're so cheap is because they get them in bulk from china.

Its electric though.
[OP]
Banned
Jul 29, 2010
165 posts
196 upvotes
wilsonlam97 wrote: You should check flea markets as well. A lot of people are selling the 4 feet long helicopters for $80. The reason they're so cheap is because they get them in bulk from china.

Its electric though.
Yes, that is a good idea, but this one is pretty amazing and the price is really good!
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2007
2056 posts
563 upvotes
Springfield
Sorry, price correct in cart.
May 24, 2007
547 posts
205 upvotes
just curious, for those who has one or similar, are these suitable for children? How dangerous are the blades? A price this low is kinda tempting though.
[OP]
Banned
Jul 29, 2010
165 posts
196 upvotes
Jokkon wrote: just curious, for those who has one or similar, are these suitable for children? How dangerous are the blades? A price this low is kinda tempting though.

The blade is most likely made out of plastic but they differ.. I wouldn't personally recommend this model for young children..
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3927 posts
1382 upvotes
Belle River
Looks like this has a tail rotor, is it harder to control?
[OP]
Banned
Jul 29, 2010
165 posts
196 upvotes
hystavito wrote: Looks like this has a tail rotor, is it harder to control?

It isn't really any harder to control than other RC helicopters. You also have a screen on your remote which helps you control it.
Feb 13, 2006
298 posts
37 upvotes
Make sure you have enough patient for lightake. It took me over 5 months for every single order before.
[OP]
Banned
Jul 29, 2010
165 posts
196 upvotes
Permission52 wrote: Make sure you have enough patient for lightake. It took me over 5 months for every single order before.

5 months!? I ordered items from them before, it usually only took about 1 month.. it's sent through economy shipping.
Nov 7, 2011
104 posts
12 upvotes
nice helicopter and great price.
I read a number of WL V911 posts in rcgroups,it's a good little helicopter.
[OP]
Banned
Jul 29, 2010
165 posts
196 upvotes
applelove wrote: nice helicopter and great price.
I read a number of WL V911 posts in rcgroups,it's a good little helicopter.

It sure is a great deal!
Feb 12, 2007
78 posts
1 upvote
what sort of batteries? and is the transmitter needed?
Aug 10, 2006
37 posts
20 upvotes
Beloeil
I am a proud owner of a V911. I can give some info.

At 40-45$, it includes the helicopter, a transmiter with lcd screen, 2 lipo battery (Newer model are 130mah 20C), extra blade. Parts are available easily.

It's a 4 channel copter, it is not a 3ch like Syma S107 (Popular helicopter with 2 blades, called co-axial). The V911 has an easy learnig curves, not to worry.

I dont recommand small rc copter to young children without watching them. Small children may be better pilot than us (adults). But copter can go very fast + blade = bad accident.

This model is pretty solid, you can have a few crash without replacing parts.

This copter is sold saying "The first outdoor Mini RC Helicopter". But be careful of the wind. This copter is about 32 grams, a lot of people lose there copter in the wind over houses, trees or pools. Better fly inside!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)