Shopping Discussion

Save-On-Foods order pickup changes (other stores will likely follow suit)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2020 3:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3873 posts
3627 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB

Save-On-Foods order pickup changes (other stores will likely follow suit)

So as of this morning, if you're picking up an online order from Save-On-Foods this is now the process:

-You still call when you get there
-All orders will now be placed in bags, you cannot request no bags because you will be bringing your own reusable bags or bins.
-The person who receives the call will go over any out of stocks or substitutions with you over the phone. You will need to confirm or deny any substitutions at this step.
-They will ask for your car colour and your license plate # and record it on your order sheet
-You will be asked to open your trunk and either return to your vehicle or stand 6 feet away from it
-The employee will bring out your order and load it into your trunk. You cannot assist.
-You will then be asked to close your own trunk and you will be able to leave. There will be no signature recorded.

I'm sure the Loblaw banner stores and anywhere else that does pickups will be following suit in the next few days.
2 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14298 posts
26745 upvotes
Scarborough
Sounds like a good change to me. I'd typically go out, greet the person and help load up the car. I'm perfectly fine just staying in my car from now on if this is the new way.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15084 posts
12170 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Happy to see this ... makes total sense

We are about to go back to using Click & Collect @ Loblaws Group

And I was hoping they would honour my request for them to do this exact same procedure

As we have CHOSEN to not only social distance ... but to SELF ISOLATE at home

All our human interaction beyond the 2 of us ... in the weeks / months to come will be via technology