Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Save On Foods

6000 More Rewards points for spending $40 this week

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2022 6:02 pm
Apr 4, 2021
347 posts
736 upvotes
Victoria, BC
i just got home from save-on. tried the self check out. machine said i needed assistance, visual confirmation as above. it was fairly early morning and the store didn't have very many people working and i waited a bit before grabbing all my stuff and going to a human cashier.
she scanned the coupon but i paid with amex and i did not get the points.
Apr 2, 2009
333 posts
388 upvotes
vancouver
Sweet sweet bonus points. Went through regular till, scanned coupon, paid with CIBC Visa, 6000 bonus points. Thanks OP!
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Feb 25, 2009
482 posts
202 upvotes
Winnipeg
Went through regular checkout paid with GC and for the points. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
4286 posts
4641 upvotes
Province of Bring Ca…
I paid with AMEX and got my points. Did you see your 6000 points on the register before checkout?

robertbarker wrote: i just got home from save-on. tried the self check out. machine said i needed assistance, visual confirmation as above. it was fairly early morning and the store didn't have very many people working and i waited a bit before grabbing all my stuff and going to a human cashier.
Last edited by naticom on Mar 14th, 2022 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2006
1069 posts
293 upvotes
Edmonton
robertbarker wrote: i just got home from save-on. tried the self check out. machine said i needed assistance, visual confirmation as above. it was fairly early morning and the store didn't have very many people working and i waited a bit before grabbing all my stuff and going to a human cashier.
Was the self checkout transaction cancelled before you went to a different till? Very likely that the system deemed the coupon had been used, assuming it's one per account.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
why isn't there saveonfoods or IGA in GTA? smh
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Nov 23, 2014
73 posts
50 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Hmm I got a 5000 pts WUS $50, anyone else use this offer without getting the email?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8187 posts
9554 upvotes
Vancouver
mikka2017 wrote: why isn't there saveonfoods or IGA in GTA? smh
Well. We don't have Metro, Farm Boy, Longos and others in the West.

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Apr 4, 2021
347 posts
736 upvotes
Victoria, BC
naticom wrote: I paid with AMEX and got my points. Did you see your 6000 points on the register before checkout?
no, i didn't. i looked and thought that i had but was probably mistaken. basically i may have simply screwed up. i'll try again with the second coupon.
ttoommyy wrote: Was the self checkout transaction cancelled before you went to a different till? Very likely that the system deemed the coupon had been used, assuming it's one per account.
good point. the self checkout had not been cancelled. it took them so long to get to it that i was already through the human cashier, bagged, and walking out past the self checkouts and i saw someone doing it.

thanks for your comments.
i would be more encouraged if we had more reports of success with credit cards other than CIBC ones.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
4286 posts
4641 upvotes
Province of Bring Ca…
Last year in the summer there was also a CIBC More Rewards coupon where you got certain amount $ off when purchasing Western Family product. The T&C was one redemption for each card but many people took advantage of it multiple times on the same card.
robertbarker wrote: no, i didn't. i looked and thought that i had but was probably mistaken. basically i may have simply screwed up. i'll try again with the second coupon.

good point. the self checkout had not been cancelled. it took them so long to get to it that i was already through the human cashier, bagged, and walking out past the self checkouts and i saw someone doing it.

thanks for your comments.
i would be more encouraged if we had more reports of success with credit cards other than CIBC ones.
May 30, 2017
800 posts
540 upvotes
Wonder if you can scan it straight from mobile?
Apr 4, 2021
347 posts
736 upvotes
Victoria, BC
arcty5 wrote: Wonder if you can scan it straight from mobile?
i did that and the cash register screen showed as entered. i may have had some other problems but i don't believe that they were related to the scanning.

i use bar codes off of my screen often so it doesn't really matter if the bar code is on a screen or piece of paper. it scans just the same.
Aug 14, 2012
428 posts
430 upvotes
North Vancouver
Scanned at self checkout today and it said “coupon not found” or something to that effect. Asked customer service after and they called me out for using an amex lol
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
this worked for me in AB, i did self checkout from my phone, took a while to get it to scan, i did pay with a cibc card, and my offer was 3000 points so i used the 6000 code instead.
May 30, 2017
800 posts
540 upvotes
604reefer wrote: Scanned at self checkout today and it said “coupon not found” or something to that effect. Asked customer service after and they called me out for using an amex lol
I had to go to customer service too and I said yes to using a cibc card but I used Google pay and they didn't check after
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2010
1192 posts
936 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Those jerks sent me the same coupons except it says "spend $60" to get 5K points SMH
Apr 5, 2021
59 posts
28 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Worked for me in Vancouver today, thanks OP! Used my CIBC Aventura VI that I haven’t cancelled yet lol. My main card is Tangerine MC. Anyways, did my regular weekend grocery trip, spent about $60, and combined with the points offered in the SoF App, this trip netted me over 8,000 points. For someone that uses BC Ferries often, this was big! Thanks!
Feb 8, 2014
997 posts
535 upvotes
YVR
naticom wrote: Receive 6000 points for spending $40 at save on foods, pricesmart, or urbanfare this week (Mar 10-16)

Receive 6000 points for spending $50 at save on foods, pricesmart, or urbanfare next week (Mar 17-23)

I received this coupon today in the email because I'm a CIBC card holder. Although it says we need to pay with CIBC cards to receive the points, I paid with AMEX because I see on the screen that the 6000 points already appeared before payment, so I thought they might not verify whether the card is CIBC card or not. I still received the points.

If you use it wisely (redeem BC Ferries voucher on morerewards.ca), 6000 points can value up to $27.

Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 20.14.27.png

There is lots of great value in collecting these points. We’ve flown to Vegas several times with Allegiant and used some for hotels in Ottawa. Saved over a thousand dollars already.
Aug 25, 2010
188 posts
333 upvotes
Didn't get a coupon in my email. Used OP's coupon. Checked out at cashier and they asked if I was paying with CIBC card, I said yes but used Apple Pay with an Amex card. Got the 6K points.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2692 posts
1742 upvotes
Home
naticom wrote: Receive 6000 points for spending $40 at save on foods, pricesmart, or urbanfare this week (Mar 10-16)

Receive 6000 points for spending $50 at save on foods, pricesmart, or urbanfare next week (Mar 17-23)

I received this coupon today in the email because I'm a CIBC card holder. Although it says we need to pay with CIBC cards to receive the points, I paid with AMEX because I see on the screen that the 6000 points already appeared before payment, so I thought they might not verify whether the card is CIBC card or not. I still received the points.

If you use it wisely (redeem BC Ferries voucher on morerewards.ca), 6000 points can value up to $27.
IMG_20220314_221727.jpg
How do you get $27 of bc ferries voucher? All i see is this pic:

Are you just dividing the points by the money you could save?

Anyone know if the travel voucher can be used on the really expensive ones (ie port hardy to bella coola direct?, It's route 28, only routes 10,40 and 11 are listed as excluded in the more rewards site, not sure if it's an error)
Last edited by I RFD on Mar 15th, 2022 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fizz Mobile $ 4.80 USA CAN 45 GB

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)