Expired Hot Deals

[Save On Foods] Coffee - 225g Ground $4.99 Various Roasts Save-On-Foods B.C.

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2021 2:14 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
4515 posts
1482 upvotes
Vancouver

[Save On Foods] Coffee - 225g Ground $4.99 Various Roasts Save-On-Foods B.C.

For people wanting to try some different coffee roasts and not spend a small fortune, check out the coffee aisle of your local Save On Foods.

I found all of their Western Family "black bag" roasts discounted from their regular price of $9.19 to $4.99, roughly 45% off. I would not be surprised if 9.19 is a seldom seen price as I have seen these before discounted to $6.99 which gives a 29% reduction.

These are 225g bags of med-fine grind so small and convenient for those without a good grinder and ideal for drip makers. I normally buy whole bean and use a burr grinder with roasts from Kicking Horse Coffee, Level Ground, and some local roasters but I saw these on sale and could not resist just cause I was looking for some variety and convenience.

I've just finished a bag of the Organic Mayan Dark Roast Ground Coffee. It was quite comparable to Kicking Horse Grizzly Paw and a bit less dark chocolate (i.e. less burnt/bitter) than Seattle's Best Coffee #4 (my main start the day brew). Btw... coffee preferences are a personal taste thing - I'm not a Starbucks fan and found the Mayan Dark Roast was better than any Starbucks so now you know where I'm coming from in my preferences.

I've also just got into a bag of the Kenya Reserve medium-dark. It was OK, with the first mug liked it better than Ethical Bean's "Lush" but I will have to brew more.

Any of the $4.99 bags off the main link are what I refer to.

Organic Mayan Dark Roast
https://www.saveonfoods.com/sm/planning ... 2639299651

Kenya Reserve
https://www.saveonfoods.com/sm/planning ... 2639345648

Some other roasts:
Hazelnut
Kona Blend
Dark Roast
Caramel Truffle
Organic Peru Medium Dark
Turkish Delight Dark Roast
Columbian Decaffeinated

Last edited by NewsyL on Jan 31st, 2021 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 reply
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
4515 posts
1482 upvotes
Vancouver
Update: the Kenya Reserve is pretty good. It like it better than recent & similar medium-dark whole bean roasts I've brewed - Ethical Bean "Lush" and Level Ground "Africa" & "Tanzania".

I'm brewing at 38g per 24oz (710ml) of water. A typical oversized ceramic coffee mug is about 12oz in capacity.

Also, these are possibly fairly fresh roasts - my bags were dated best before Jan 14th 2022 which I think means they were just roasted and packaged a couple of weeks ago.