• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 2:53 am
[OP]
Feb 4, 2009
37 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver

[Save On Foods] Save On Foods happy Hour 50% off meat dept

Tuesday through Friday from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., specified meat from the meat counter is on sale for 50% off.
Tuesdays are beef skewers (chicken breast, chicken thigh, turkey, beef or pork) in assorted sauces. Regular price beef are $5, all others $4 so Tuesdays beef are $2,50 and others $2 each. Limit 9 skewers.
Wednesdays are wings. Hot buffalo or maple bacon flavours. regular price .50 cents each, Wednesdays they are .25 cents each. Limit 24 wings
Thursday are sausages. Typically 6 varieties (hot Italian, mild Italian, apple and pork, blueberry maple, andouille, asiago/red pepper) Regular price $2 each, Thursdays they are $1 each. I am unsure of the limit.
Friday are prawn skewers. I think plain, mango chili or butter herb flavours. Regular $2 each, Fridays they are $1 each. Again, unsure of the limit.

Fill the freezer for the carnivore in your life!
41 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
1651 posts
675 upvotes
North Vancouver
Thanks OP, time to stock the freezer!
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. (Groucho Marx)
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Oct 22, 2016
204 posts
121 upvotes
Langley
Thanks for the mention, I will look into it.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1221 posts
787 upvotes
awesome selection. handmade unfrozen burgers, skewers, etc fresh. great quality. great to see a grocery store still cater to people not afraid to spend a little more cash. unlike no frills and loblaws which is all prepackaged garbage
Jun 16, 2019
102 posts
154 upvotes
west as
I saw this happy hour stuff written on the meat counter glass at Ironwood Richmond a few weeks ago. SoF has also sent out some flyer mail with coupons for gift cards ($10 GC for $25 purchase). Gotta think they're battling Walmart and the new Freshco's
Aug 11, 2006
174 posts
8 upvotes
Canada
Will this continue next week?
[OP]
Feb 4, 2009
37 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver
I don't see why not. It has been on a couple of weeks already, according to a coworker.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9593 posts
2185 upvotes
I have been buying the skewers for the last 2 months, almost every Tuesday, there is no veggies on these, all meat, at my store they were 3.50 each, and went up to 4$ each a few weeks ago, all skewers are 4$, so 2$ after discount, its from 4pm to 7pm only on tueday for the skewers. the skewers are really really good, I highly recommend pesto chicken.
Mar 25, 2006
588 posts
162 upvotes
Are these skewers made with soon-to-expire meats?

Most grocery stores marinate their soon-to-expire meats to sell to unsuspecting customers. It helps to cover up the unpleasant smell.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
10161 posts
1107 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought fresh burger patties last weekend from saveon. Awful! They were like hockey pucks. There was absolutely no juice when frying them. I’m guessing tonnes of filler. I was so disappointed.

Nesters on the other hand...YUM!
Oct 27, 2016
234 posts
480 upvotes
No need to stock up

The promotion is weekly. I picked up 24 wings today (only $6!!!) and will return on Friday for some shrimp
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
1360 posts
635 upvotes
Vancouver
i have 10 freezers, time to filled them up
Jun 28, 2019
12 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
trellaine201 wrote:
Jul 4th, 2019 12:58 am
I bought fresh burger patties last weekend from saveon. Awful! They were like hockey pucks. There was absolutely no juice when frying them. I’m guessing tonnes of filler. I was so disappointed.

Nesters on the other hand...YUM!
Tried the “fresh” Save On burgers to and they were disgusting, bacon cheddar was full of filler

Will try the kabobs at the cheap price and maybe wings
Nov 28, 2010
13 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver
Is this in all store? Anyone see this in Vancouver area?
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
1505 posts
373 upvotes
Vancouver
lingmontreal wrote:
Jul 4th, 2019 3:32 pm
Is this in all store? Anyone see this in Vancouver area?
I bought happy hour a few times in Burnaby (Cameron) over the last 1 or 2 months. Im rarely in at that time period though (first time some guy was actually in front of the checkout peddling it, and thats the only reason i even knew about it). The next time i did see a small display in the meat/seafood section with the special.

I asked a manager out in North VAn and he said it was a regular Save on thing.