Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Post] Save on Shipping with Canada Post!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2019 8:01 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2004
2171 posts
2 upvotes

[Canada Post] Save on Shipping with Canada Post!

More offers from Canada Post
Not sure if this has been posted, but right now canada post is offering this thining:

http://canadapost.ca/business/intsol/sb ... ce=package

for 5% off on shipping. Even though it says small business, I registered (i'm a student btw) without much trouble, since it really doesn't ask for anything.

after u register, you'll also have the option to register in Electronic shipping tool (ON LINE), which will save u additional 2% for a total saving of 7%.

Not too bad I must say, especially if u r the kind of person who ships a lot of stuff on line. All the tiny bits adds up.

-----------

A message from a JoKeRr
99 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2005
1717 posts
1 upvote
awesome, an <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78 target=_blank>eBay</a> business counts as a small business ;) .

Thanks!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2004
2171 posts
2 upvotes
I have no business, so I just used my last name + the word Corp ;)

it's kinda neat (For example: Joker Corp)
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2002
2953 posts
10 upvotes
This has been available all the time. It is save 5% off almost everything and you get expedited instead of regular for free.

Somehow, Canadapost sent me two extra cards, which are much nicer and more durable. Threw away my original paper one. I think you can use anybody's to get the discount. :D
Feb 17, 2004
966 posts
19 upvotes
Ya, the main savings here is that you get to use Expedited Parcel, which is usually just as fast as Xpressposting, but way cheaper.
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
Feb 5, 2005
158 posts
signed up as well. thanks.

How does this work? Are they gonna send me a card I present at the post office or? thanks again
Dec 8, 2001
421 posts
Gamer101 wrote:signed up as well. thanks.

How does this work? Are they gonna send me a card I present at the post office or? thanks again
Yes. They scan your card at the counter when you're shipping the item.

I believe expedited parcel usually means shipping by ground, not air.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2003
1011 posts
1 upvote
Note that you don't get 5% off (aprox) on everything. i.e. small packets to the usa, lettermail/oversized lettermail.

Being able to send expedited is the biggest benefit. It's the same price as normal parcel, but it's faster and you get free tracking.

It's suppost to be for small business, but you don't need anything formal at all.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2004
1291 posts
39 upvotes
Signed up ! Thanks, always thought it was just for registered businesses.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
1366 posts
107 upvotes
Expedited isn't really much faster than regular, if at all.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2003
1011 posts
1 upvote
http://www.canadapost.ca/business/tools ... _bus-e.asp

You are mistaken. It is significantly faster...
From Vancouver to Toronto, here are the delivery times:

Priority Courier : noon next business day
Xpresspost : 2 days
Expedited Parcel : 4 days
Regular Parcel : 7 days

A savings of 3 days is something I call significant. Considering it's free and you save 5% and you get tracking AND IT'S FREE, I think it's a good deal.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
3341 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
wow this is a great find here ... this would save me at LEAST $150 per year!!