Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Post] Save on Shipping with Canada Post!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2019 8:01 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18192 posts
137 upvotes
GTA
The online shipping tool isn't very useful according to the <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78 target=_blank>eBay</a> Canadian powerseller forums.

Also remember Expedited Parcel goes by ground to the USA, so it is the same speed as Ground parcel to the US, and slower than Air parcel. For this reason I no longer ship by Expedited Parcel to the USA unless I need the tracking/insurance. I think if you ship it Air you don't have the tracking option, but the free insurance is now included for Air/Ground shipments to the USA as of November 2004 if you use the new forms.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
5777 posts
281 upvotes
this has been posted before but it's a good reminder for those who missed it last year.

expedit is faster than ragular because of how they handle the package. The priority is much greater fro expedit.

as well, using venture one offers free insurance and tracking numbers for all shipping in canada

US shipping (regular) already has free insurance and tracking.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2004
2171 posts
2 upvotes
Just used it today. Stupid lady asked me for an ID, so I showed her my driver licence. Worked out to be just over 6 dollars, Kingston to Sarnia, free insured for 100 buks too. Good saving for me. :lol:
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1813 posts
128 upvotes
the regional and national small business value pack XPResSPOST prepaid mailers are good too if you have small items

works out to be about $6.20 for regional and $9.30 for national
US is about $10.30

and these are all xpresspost guranteed 1-2 days
US is 3-5 days
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18192 posts
137 upvotes
GTA
zoro69 wrote: The worst post office here is...Staples (big surprise). Young kids with no training at all. If anyone didn't know the rules and rates they could end up grossly overcharged. They tried to charge $40 for a $5 small packet (they didn't know measuirng tape was inches on one side so measurement put into computer were too small). It took near half an hour to get them to print out the right rate.
No kidding. Remember if you lose your packages especially if they were sent from a Staples, be sure to file a claim so that maybe they'll realize it's Staples that's causing all of Canada Post's lost packages. :mad:
Deal Addict
May 20, 2002
2011 posts
15 upvotes
But you can't beat the over 20% savings at Staples. What I have learned to do when doing a shipment is to get quotes from both Staples and a nearby full service postal outlet to make sure that the ignorant Staples employees are not overcharging me.
Jan 1, 2004
543 posts
Toronto
eBuddy wrote:But you can't beat the over 20% savings at Staples. What I have learned to do when doing a shipment is to get quotes from both Staples and a nearby full service postal outlet to make sure that the ignorant Staples employees are not overcharging me.
the shipping centre in Stooples has more discount??
Nov 22, 2003
841 posts
10 upvotes
dba4orcl wrote:the shipping centre in Stooples has more discount??
We all know by now that eBuddy is paying with Staples Gift Certificates bought through the ATHOME program (100$GC costs 80$).

Or maybe eBuddy is :lol: PriceMatching Staples with Canada Post :lol:
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
10890 posts
290 upvotes
Ottawa
JoKeRr wrote:after u register, you'll also have the option to register in Electronic shipping tool (ON LINE), which will save u additional 2% for a total saving of 7%.
I signed up last Jan, but don't recalled this online tool. Is is available to older members as well?
- Absolute
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7382 posts
631 upvotes
Toronto
I'm going to bump this and correct a number of "problems"...

"you'll also have the option to register in Electronic shipping tool (ON LINE), which will save u additional 2% for a total saving of 7%.'

The automation discount is 3% for a total of 8%.

"I have no business, so I just used my last name + the word Corp"

The *ONLY* name you are legally allowed to use is your own legal name. If you add *ANYTHING* to it, you're required to register it.

"Xpresspost also has guaranteed delivery time."

So does Expedited Parcel.

"Just remember with Expedited Parcel . . . Shipping time is NOT guaranteed unlike Expresspost."

Ditto. EP does indeed have guaranteed delivery standards.

"They tried to charge $40 for a $5 small packet (they didn't know measuirng tape was inches on one side so measurement put into computer were too small)."

They obviously didn't select small packet. Small packet does *NOT* have/use diemensional weight (a godsend!).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2004
2171 posts
2 upvotes
anyway, i got the paper (PDF printed card) with ~my company name: (last name) Corp". and it works.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
7710 posts
1338 upvotes
"They obviously didn't select small packet. Small packet does *NOT* have/use diemensional weight (a godsend!"

Small packet has min/max dimensions. When they put the dimensions in, the CP computer brings up all available options. If they put dimesnions outside the service that option doesn't appear on the screen. By putting in the dimensions smaller then all services the only option presented was puropak
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2001
4966 posts
339 upvotes
nuclearsnake2 wrote:So if I were to use the electronic method, and print off my own shipping waybills, and everything, I would still need to stand in line at a post office for what reason?

Would it be possible to drop the package in a mail box since its already charged me?
Don't you need a scale and all for that?