Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Post] Save on Shipping with Canada Post!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2019 8:01 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2002
4929 posts
1100 upvotes
Toronto
Drew_W wrote:"I have no business, so I just used my last name + the word Corp"

The *ONLY* name you are legally allowed to use is your own legal name. If you add *ANYTHING* to it, you're required to register it.
What if I used my dad's company?..
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro
'18 Union Flite Pro Red
'08 K2 T1
Deal Guru
May 13, 2004
11266 posts
432 upvotes
Toronto
ProfessorChaos wrote:What if I used my dad's company?..
So long as there is no intention to defraud, you can call yourself a company or anything you like. Just try to avoid using a real company name (e.g., Coke Corp is not a good idea).

You can call *yourself* Smith Corp or whatever and use it as your real name, also. Again, the legal standard involves having no intention to defraud.
Mar 10, 2005
203 posts
35 upvotes
Thanks for the post. Every little bit helps with shipping costs.
cheers
:mad: :evil: :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
7710 posts
1338 upvotes
HowEver wrote:So long as there is no intention to defraud, you can call yourself a company or anything you like. Just try to avoid using a real company name (e.g., Coke Corp is not a good idea).

You can call *yourself* Smith Corp or whatever and use it as your real name, also. Again, the legal standard involves having no intention to defraud.
No, most definitely not. Using corp or Ltd, when one hasn't legally incorporated is a huge no no. If you are operating a business with other then your own name it must be registered, and can't imply a legal standing it does not have.

For just the V1 card, canadapost itself couldn't care less what name you put on it. The card is little different then club z or optimum, a reward for regular customers with nothing required to qualify for it. You cannot carry on business however with any name other then your own unless its registered.
Jul 26, 2004
125 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver
Just signed up. Any savings is always appreciated. Thanks for the Post!
"If voting changed anything they'd make it illegal" - Emma Goldman
May 8, 2003
236 posts
Vancouver, BC
Just signed up and got the temporary card in email.

thanks.
May 28, 2002
140 posts
Montreal
HowEver wrote:So long as there is no intention to defraud, you can call yourself a company or anything you like. Just try to avoid using a real company name (e.g., Coke Corp is not a good idea).

Hahaha. :lol:

I'm glad I'm not taking legal advice from you.
References: eBay, HeatWare
Computers: Asus A8N-VM CSM & Soltek FRN2-L with AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800 & XP 2000+, ATI Radeon x1650, Primus.ca DSL