Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Save up to $335 – Air Transat's 30th Anniversary Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2017 6:50 am
19 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2009
1239 posts
3432 upvotes
Couldn’t find one decent deal
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2017
1328 posts
2363 upvotes
GTA
These aren’t good deals at all. Pretty much normal prices for westjet and aircanada.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2517 upvotes
Halifax
Air Transat is still in business? I guess there are a larger pool of potential customers out there to experience Air Transat once, and once only, than I thought!
Nov 30, 2006
283 posts
84 upvotes
Edmonton
bridonca wrote: Air Transat is still in business? I guess there are a larger pool of potential customers out there to experience Air Transat once, and once only, than I thought!
I'll second that.
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10924 posts
5461 upvotes
Toronto
ridiculous that we still don't have decent budget domestic flights... flying to vancouver costs more than to europe, or even asia! wtf

air transat's planes are crap with no leg room, and checking the prices they're very high. 30th anniversary sale, what a joke
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1661 posts
511 upvotes
bridonca wrote: Air Transat is still in business? I guess there are a larger pool of potential customers out there to experience Air Transat once, and once only, than I thought!
southpaw4golf wrote: I'll second that.
ManCaveGamer wrote: ridiculous that we still don't have decent budget domestic flights... flying to vancouver costs more than to europe, or even asia! wtf

air transat's planes are crap with no leg room, and checking the prices they're very high. 30th anniversary sale, what a joke
Oh crap. I just booked a 5-6 hour flight to mexico with them :facepalm:
Jun 15, 2013
201 posts
53 upvotes
I flew with them to Toronto and didn't enjoy it at all.

- bags took forever
- CS at the desk was meh
- no leg room
- neck was so stiff as the chairs were uncomfortable
Feel free to add me on Linkedin if you want to CONNECT
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
3047 posts
2146 upvotes
I'll be in the minority here - I flew Transat 3 straight years going to EU. With the exception of maybe 1 flight that was delayed (so total 6 for to and from), they were on time. I flew with my expensive bicycle as well.

Can't really complain about leg room and entertainment, etc. I can opt to go for national carriers and get that, but I'm FLYING WITH TRANSAT FOR A REASON. I don't get on why people complain flying with DISCOUNT carriers. Do you stay at Best Western expecting it to look like a Fairmont Royal York?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4777 posts
5070 upvotes
East GTA
tatung wrote:

Oh crap. I just booked a 5-6 hour flight to mexico with them :facepalm:
Biscayne05 wrote: I'll be in the minority here - I flew Transat 3 straight years going to EU. With the exception of maybe 1 flight that was delayed (so total 6 for to and from), they were on time. I flew with my expensive bicycle as well.

Can't really complain about leg room and entertainment, etc. I can opt to go for national carriers and get that, but I'm FLYING WITH TRANSAT FOR A REASON. I don't get on why people complain flying with DISCOUNT carriers. Do you stay at Best Western expecting it to look like a Fairmont Royal York?

I have flown Transat a few times as well. Handful to Caribbean, Florida and Spain. I never personally had an issue however the flight coming back from Spain had a stop over in MTL and I guess the airport had some issues so our flight was delayed about an hour but nothing too serious. All around for the prices they offer they are great to me, especially for the all inclusive vacations.

I have to say they did a pretty great job evacuating everyone from the hurricane path countries this year. My parents were supposed to go to Cuba around the time they got hit and Transat offered a credit. They also took insurance so I didn't expect the credit to be valid but the insurance company paid us out plus Transat is still honouring the credit. So technically a free trip for them next year!
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
2286 posts
1043 upvotes
BC
I have gone down to Mexico or Dominican Republic at least 5 times and all but one of them on AirTransat. My only complaint was the time my left headphone socket was bad, but it was when a Twilight movie was playing, so it wasn't that bad a problem.

Upgrading to more leg room, extra luggage and some priority is the cheapest on AirTransat. With WJ or AC, its like $500+. With AT, its more like $420 round trip for the Club seating, and only $159 round trip for extra leg room and some perks Options Plus. Options Plus is the best for buck upgrade out of any of the Canadian Airlines that I'm aware of. https://www.airtransat.com/en-CA/book/b ... ax=1-0-0-0

Normally, I would fly from Van to Alberta and fly out of there. So the AC or WJ flight for $600 75 minute flight round trip with taxes is a real kick in the nuts when $1450 gets me 7 days, airfare and all-inclusive... The AT flight always had better leg room than AC or WJ, with me swearing off WJ or AC at some point for having really, really bad leg room seats.

Years ago, I remember sitting across from some AirTransat attendants from Montreal (a guy and a girl). The guy was a real charmer and would hit on several wives in front of the husbands, but everyone was laughing and no one took it as harassment (*cough* borderline *cough*). Uptight people might have complained....

I have yet to experience a flight delay with Air Transat that didn't affect 100% of other planes, but there have been several times where my family members got home at very bad times from various delays on Sunwing and Westjet.

So I've had WAAAAAYY more positive experiences with AirTransat over WestJet and Air Canada, both of whom make me very angry when they mess up.

I guess my most recent complaint was that when I called AirTransat to book a Mexico trip that would be 1 Vancouver and 1 edmonton flight, the girl said she was new and needed to speak to her supervisor, and then the call got "dropped". I found it more funny than annoying, since I didn't have any wait time to speak with someone. I called back and spoke with Lexi, who was really good to speak to while booking the trip.

I think my last hate-on was for Westjet's onboard video system. From the poor touch capabilities (adjusting volume or playback using a poorly implemented slider), to restarting video when they'd do an announcement, to lag that took a while for video to start, so you're not sure if the press registered or not, so you press it again... ugh, Oh, and the volume was max and my phone and tablet were both complaining that setting volume on full blast is not advised... but the audio was barely able to hear. It was a really frustrating experience.

I would not recommend WJ or AC to any of my friends. I would recommend AirTransat.
Lucky Mobile: $20/3GB Unlimited Canada wide calling. DMINR
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3160 posts
1856 upvotes
Kingston
Air Transat has been great for me. I'd rather a 5h flight on Transat than a 30 min flight on AC Rouge. As mentioned the upgrades are cheaper and worth it.
Banned
Dec 2, 2009
255 posts
75 upvotes
Terrace
Air Transat is good because you sometimes can find prices way cheaper than everyone else.

Downsides:
some airports they don't pay for a jet bridge so a bus has to pick you up from the runway.

I think they would probably get less runway priority compared to the bigger airlines.

Their non upgraded planes have bad leg room. They have some newer planes with updated seating so if you get one of those this probably doesn't apply.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
3047 posts
2146 upvotes
kevinssmith wrote: Downsides:
some airports they don't pay for a jet bridge so a bus has to pick you up from the runway.
Oh and this.

You'll find yourself in the butthole of Rome Fiumicino or Charles De Gaulle airports. When you fly discount airlines ALWAYS double check for WHICH TERMINAL specifically when traveling. It'll be most likely the dingiest terminal available.

Still, not an issue for me. It's the terminal for god sakes
Jul 1, 2015
63 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Biscayne05 wrote: Oh and this.

You'll find yourself in the butthole of Rome Fiumicino or Charles De Gaulle airports. When you fly discount airlines ALWAYS double check for WHICH TERMINAL specifically when traveling. It'll be most likely the dingiest terminal available.

Still, not an issue for me. It's the terminal for god sakes
I flew out of Rome FCO two days ago on Transat. It was terminal 3 and the terminal was great. New, modern, and clean.
Last edited by ethanpurdy on Oct 17th, 2017 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
5893 posts
42 upvotes
restaurant deals (on travelzoo) look good though, am I misinformed?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
2125 posts
1481 upvotes
Near You
Pricing still terrible even after savings >:(
Cards: Amex Platinum • Aeroplan Reserve • Chase AP • CSR • Bonvoy
Banking: Wise • HSBC • TD • Tangerine • Chase
Flights: AC SE • KLM SilverBA Silver
Mobile: AT&T • Fizz • Google Fi • Free.fr
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4832 posts
759 upvotes
Pricing isn't the greatest...

Do they still keep the lights on during TATL flights?
For that reason alone, I'll fly w/ AC or WJ... maybe Porter...

Turn off the lights so we can get some sleep!!!!! Smiling Face With Horns

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)