• Feb 11th, 2018 12:59 am
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 18, 2017
227 posts
123 upvotes
GVA

Sawstop Table Saw

So I am looking to make a giant leap from my Ridgid portable contractors saw to a Sawstop cabinet saw. I'm creating finer woodworking projects like small boxes and other intricately designed things. I need something that will give me more precision so this is the route I want to go. I've narrowed down my choice to a Sawstop because it is a high quality tool with lots of available addons and the benefit of the safety mechanism.

It seems as though the retail is quite controlled on these - all retailers seem to have the same base price (a few are higher) and Amazon is higher in most cases. My choice is the 1.75HP model with 36" rails. Base price is $3.475 at Lee Valley and KMS Tools. I guess my only option is to wait for KMS to maybe put it on sale, but that seems rare. I'd prefer to buy locally (Vancouver area) but willing to buy online if it can save me at least 5%.

Any other ideas out there?
1 reply
[OP]
Dec 18, 2017
227 posts
123 upvotes
GVA
I ended up getting the Sawstop from Lee Valley at regular price. They wouldn't do anything on the price (claim they can't due to manufacturer obligations) but they did deliver it for no charge which was nice since it weighs about 500lbs. There was no way that was going to fit in my Mustang. lol