Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sayal

$120 Pelican iM2500 Carry-On Storm Case (Yellow Only, No Foam)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 15th, 2023 2:45 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
4024 posts
2374 upvotes
Ottawa
netspec01 wrote: Ages Dr location in Ottawa
Looks like its in the middle of an aisle? Last time I went I couldnt find any. thought it would be easy to find considering its bright yellow and all.
CheapNFrugal wrote: There is a gasket. I removed the cable port on mine, created a 3D printed name plate and reused the gasket.
aw damn. this makes me want to get one again. its been on and off for months. i want one, but no reason to get one.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2014
1027 posts
1114 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
WindStalker wrote: Oh man, that would have been a SICK deal. Now very sad I completely missed out on it. Need to watch PA more closely in the future.

I do see a lot of made in China PowerFist cases (like the ones PrincessAuto currently carries) being pass off as Pelican in used market though... I have no experience with their quality either way but curious to find out what people thought. I do hear a lot of good thing about Nanuk (a Canadian made brand) though.
The Powerfist "brand" name always makes me chuckle.... yes , I'm 5.
May 27, 2015
123 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
CheapNFrugal wrote: There is a gasket. I removed the cable port on mine, created a 3D printed name plate and reused the gasket.
this is great. Can you share how its done?
May 15, 2015
171 posts
328 upvotes
Guelph, ON
LocoTico wrote: this is great. Can you share how its done?
Removal is pretty easy, you just need a pair of pliers and a torx screwdriver. One of my nuts and bolts did get jammed, the thread must have been damaged so I had to drill it out. However that was likely just an anomaly.

The 3D printed nameplate is not as simple. You need to know how to use 3D design software and have access to a 3D printer. If you are already familiar with 3D printing and would like access to my CAD files I'm happy to share, pm me.

EDIT: I decided to post the files to Thingiverse.
May 27, 2015
123 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
CheapNFrugal wrote: Removal is pretty easy, you just need a pair of pliers and a torx screwdriver. One of my nuts and bolts did get jammed, the thread must have been damaged so I had to drill it out. However that was likely just an anomaly.

The 3D printed nameplate is not as simple. You need to know how to use 3D design software and have access to a 3D printer. If you are already familiar with 3D printing and would like access to my CAD files I'm happy to share, pm me.

EDIT: I decided to post the files to Thingiverse.
thank you so much :)
Feb 9, 2011
914 posts
514 upvotes
Mittenz wrote: Will this fit with air Canada?
I believe the answer was already mentioned in the thread.
Feb 27, 2009
435 posts
561 upvotes

EDIT: 3D print files on Thingiverse.
Will you print one of these for me with a name and phone for $10-15? Don’t have a printer
Feb 27, 2009
435 posts
561 upvotes
Ribbyx wrote: I believe the answer was already mentioned in the thread.
No one mentioned taking it on air Canada. Would be worried about the laser sizer they use with the power port making it get checked.
May 15, 2015
171 posts
328 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Mittenz wrote: Will you print one of these for me with a name and phone for $10-15? Don’t have a printer
Sure, as long as you're not in a hurry and promise to not zap the fun out of my hobby I'll do it as a favour (and $10 to cover my costs) for a fellow RFD'er. PM Me.
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10497 posts
7631 upvotes
ON
redmondflagger wrote: The Powerfist "brand" name always makes me chuckle.... yes , I'm 5.
So if they sold Power Bottom branded tools at the Size Queen store you would find it hilarious ?
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10497 posts
7631 upvotes
ON
Mittenz wrote: No one mentioned taking it on air Canada. Would be worried about the laser sizer they use with the power port making it get checked.
Remove the damn thing, it takes 2 minutes. Stick something on to cover the hole and be done.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2014
1027 posts
1114 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
dilligafeh wrote: So if they sold Power Bottom branded tools at the Size Queen store you would find it hilarious ?
I didn't use the word hilarious, you did. Is there something you'd like say about the Powerfist product line?
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10497 posts
7631 upvotes
ON
redmondflagger wrote: I didn't use the word hilarious, you did. Is there something you'd like say about the Powerfist product line?
Joke went way over your head man...
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
4024 posts
2374 upvotes
Ottawa
I went to PA today. This is a really nice case. I would totally be willing to take the port off and just add plastic over it. But it really is heavy for the size (because of the really thick plastic) and I just don't have a use for it.
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10497 posts
7631 upvotes
ON
eugene188 wrote: I went to PA today. This is a really nice case. I would totally be willing to take the port off and just add plastic over it. But it really is heavy for the size (because of the really thick plastic) and I just don't have a use for it.
11lbs, that's the empty weight. Leaves 39lbs for stuff to be packed if used as carry on.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2007
1104 posts
1237 upvotes
dilligafeh wrote: 11lbs, that's the empty weight. Leaves 39lbs for stuff to be packed if used as carry on.
You must mean checked luggage. Carry ons have much lighter weight limits.
Dec 3, 2010
701 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto
Got the PA one a while ago to store my "stuff". But no way in heck I'm taking this on an airplane. Way too heavy and bulky, also good luck fitting it in overhead bin.

A good use would be to make some kind of portable instrument panel. I saw some dude online made a model rocket launch control panel to fit in it. Or maybe a portable charging station?
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2003
4758 posts
130 upvotes
Oakville
Way too heavy for carryon. Pray it doesn’t get weighed.