• Nov 2nd, 2021 2:08 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3302 upvotes
Out west

Scalp micropigmentation to cover bald spots

For scarring alopecia, etc so you dont at least just see the white shiny skin .

Just curious if anyone has ever done that procedure
Last edited by WikkiWikki on Aug 18th, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
32 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
23464 posts
5514 upvotes
Toronto
I'm thinking about it - starting to thin at the back & top and I crop my hair short now since my hair is thinning & I'm cutting my own hair at home...........

Thinking of doing something like this:

Just don't be like my friend Joe here:

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3302 upvotes
Out west
I got lichen planopilaris about 6 years ago, and while I caught it and it burned itself out, by the time I did, my front temples are completely bare on each side. Even with a very close cut, you can tell where the hair goes to,then just white shiny skin. And the skin wont tan, and in the summer, its even more noticeable

I know my wife and kids say only I notice it, but I have a feeling they are just saying that.

Ive been trying microneedling for close to a year now to see if that will reactivate the folicles, but with this disease, it literally kills them. So I have no results at all
Last edited by WikkiWikki on Aug 18th, 2021 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 9, 2018
89 posts
73 upvotes
It seems like a bad idea if it's a situation where you expect the balding to continue - eventually you'll end up with spots where you were trying to cover the bald spots unless you want to continue doing it in each new bald area that comes along.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3302 upvotes
Out west
SusanM6112 wrote: It seems like a bad idea if it's a situation where you expect the balding to continue - eventually you'll end up with spots where you were trying to cover the bald spots unless you want to continue doing it in each new bald area that comes along.
Mine wont, since its not regular baldness. the spots havent grown for 5 years now since I got rid of it. Its the sides of my head, and anything male pattern baldness wise is usualy the crown or the peak of the hairlne when they kick in for me. Even very bald men, always have the hair on the side of the hair stay. Even with stubble growth, you never see men whos hair is missing from the side. Unles fo course its something thats not male pattern baldness, like this

Thats why Ive been trying different things in the area for regrowth. Its bald anyway, to whats the worse that can happen, its more bald :-)
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3302 upvotes
Out west
A local place does this, will see how much it costs. Maybe even do before and after, unless the cost is insane
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3302 upvotes
Out west
notenoughsleep wrote: Don't pull a Carlos Boozer

Thats not the same thing is it?

These days who knows.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18060 posts
12779 upvotes
Markham
Have you seen this

We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3302 upvotes
Out west
gr8dlr wrote: Have you seen this

No I havent, because I dont want surgery. If I lose my hair naturally as I age, Im just going to live with it. The drugs etc arent worth the hassle, upkeep, etc

Im not a movie star with their obvious, but very well done, hair transplants

These are just mid hair bald spots I want to conceal, so its not just bright white skin.
Dec 13, 2005
59 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
WikkiWikki wrote: For scarring alopecia, etc so you dont at least just see the white shiny skin .

Just curious if anyone has ever done that procedure
Yes I got mine done, and love it. I was a norwood 4 and receding pretty good at the temples. Just keep my head shaved and it looks like I have a full head of hair and just choose to shave my head.

I got it from enhanced scalp micropigmentation
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3302 upvotes
Out west
PinkMonkeys wrote: Yes I got mine done, and love it. I was a norwood 4 and receding pretty good at the temples. Just keep my head shaved and it looks like I have a full head of hair and just choose to shave my head.

I got it from enhanced scalp micropigmentation
Im making a physical appointment soon. Tried it online with pictures, but they cant really do it that way.

To me, Id just keep the area I am having issued shaved down, but the skin will not change colour to match the rest. Its just that smooth white skin,. At least this way it can bend in with the rest of my skin and hair
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18060 posts
12779 upvotes
Markham
Ever consider just buying a high quality human hair wig. Lot of women do this for cancer, hair loss/alopecia, different style etc.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3302 upvotes
Out west
gr8dlr wrote: Ever consider just buying a high quality human hair wig. Lot of women do this for cancer, hair loss/alopecia, different style etc.
not for things like this, the rest of my hair is fine
Jul 23, 2010
945 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
WikkiWikki wrote: not for things like this, the rest of my hair is fine
Hope it works out. A coworker Just shaved it all off. Before it was well hidden in a man bun. I couldn’t imagine how hard it was for him to go through that. My hair is like my identity.

Maybe don’t bother, over 70% of the men in my office are bald or basically shaved if off and some going through the same as you. They just accepted.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3302 upvotes
Out west
Tactical wrote: Hope it works out. A coworker Just shaved it all off. Before it was well hidden in a man bun. I couldn’t imagine how hard it was for him to go through that. My hair is like my identity.

Maybe don’t bother, over 70% of the men in my office are bald or basically shaved if off and some going through the same as you. They just accepted.
Its not about me going bald, its because its on my temples and its bald patches because of alopecia. So I have hair at my temples, then nothing, then hair. So its hair, a bright white patch, and then hair again. On both sides. The rest of my hair is fine.

Dont make hair your identity. If you do, then you will fall into the trap like so many of these Youtubers that talk about saving their hair, all the work, the drugs, etc. Rogaine, minoxidal, microneedling, etc, etc. More Plates for Dates comes to mind

How long will you keep that up, 40;s, 50;s, or beyond. Its work, and if you miss a day, then what. Stop when you get married, or have kids. And do you want to date a woman that at the first sign of losing your hair she will dump you

I always comment on the videos but never get a response, as above. Also say, does it bother you that there are bald men out there that are more succesful than you ever will be with hair
Jul 23, 2010
945 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
WikkiWikki wrote: Its not about me going bald, its because its on my temples and its bald patches because of alopecia. So I have hair at my temples, then nothing, then hair. So its hair, a bright white patch, and then hair again. On both sides. The rest of my hair is fine.

Dont make hair your identity. If you do, then you will fall into the trap like so many of these Youtubers that talk about saving their hair, all the work, the drugs, etc. Rogaine, minoxidal, microneedling, etc, etc. More Plates for Dates comes to mind

How long will you keep that up, 40;s, 50;s, or beyond. Its work, and if you miss a day, then what. Stop when you get married, or have kids. And do you want to date a woman that at the first sign of losing your hair she will dump you

I always comment on the videos but never get a response, as above. Also say, does it bother you that there are bald men out there that are more succesful than you ever will be with hair
That's a interesting description of your issue. You got hair at the temples that's great. Impossible to tell without pics for us and you didn't mention how big those twin white patch is, but I'd say go for it!
Post before and after pics
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3302 upvotes
Out west
Tactical wrote: That's a interesting description of your issue. You got hair at the temples that's great. Impossible to tell without pics for us and you didn't mention how big those twin white patch is, but I'd say go for it!
Post before and after pics
if my skin tanned or was the same colour as the rest I wouldnt care. but since its just smooth white skin due to the hair folicles burning out, its not even the same texture as my "face skin"

Its like this picture, except at the sides. Its just a bald patch that hasnt increased in size in 5 years

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)