• Jan 16th, 2023 8:26 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 26, 2010
630 posts
168 upvotes
SW Ontario

Scam?

I placed an add on kijiji for a children toy/game selling it for ~$41. This is not a unique/novel item; it is a pretty standard item you can buy new maybe for ~$100. You can buy similar items from kijiji at any point. And the article is fairly used
I live in SW ontario. I got a whatsapp message from a person with a Quebec phone number saying whether it is still available. After I said yes, she replied
Thanks for response. If everything is as you described, then I'm ready to buy. I'm in Barrie ON, would it be convenient if I'll pay and arrange pick up through UPS ? Regards

I declined since I am certain this is a scam. UPS shipment will be >>> the cost of the product (this is a bulky/heavy item). Person with Quebec number shipping to another location indirectly

Any idea how this one goes .... ?
1 reply
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2005
16205 posts
289 upvotes
Kingston, ON
If you have to wonder if it's a scam, it likely is. Words to live by IMO.

I was selling a carpet cleaner for homes with pets. The buyer bought it and then threatened me because her son was allergic to pet hair. She wanted her money back but wouldn't return the cleaner. Total scam attempt and I did not budge and simply blocked her.

Facebook said too bad so sad because the payment was cash and not through their crappy system :)
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only be wasted.
Red Green

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)