Cell Phones

SCAM with 9.99 Rogers Ifortune Text

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2014 2:54 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 2, 2005
42 posts

SCAM with 9.99 Rogers Ifortune Text

Just got off the phone with Rogers. Last month I got dinged 9.99 third party charge for fortune telling subscription. It was a text with nothing. Talked to the manager and given $5 for good will. At the same time they blocked this premium service. This month I got charged again. I called Rogers and they said said due to the billing cycle I was charged twice, I should talk to IFORTUNE. I said I like to talk to the manager and wanted a written statement that this will stop but he said they changed the policy and I need to go to Rogers.com and do the chat. I told him I will write to newspaper. After a long time of song and dance he said there is nothing they can do. After the call I called IFORTUNE and got some lady in India (surprise) and asked to cancelled the subscription. I am not sure asking for refund. I am afraid they will ask for name, address and email. I am mad. I will write to Pat Foran to see if they can give Rogers a hard time.
63 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 30, 2006
8728 posts
305 upvotes
Toronto
Why would you sign up for this type of entertainment? Once they get you suckered in, it is hard to get them to stop.
Banned
User avatar
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
205 upvotes
Why would you give Rogers a hard time? They are not the ones to blame.

It's like going to Wendy's drive through, ordering a double cheeseburger, they give you a single cheeseburger, and you are upset at Ford, because you drove your Focus to the drive through.
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 2, 2005
42 posts
We did not subscribe to any service. I don't even know how this company got our number. This is a fraud and Rogers choose not to do anything.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 21, 2005
3078 posts
255 upvotes
Sometimes replying to the text message with "STOP" works
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 2, 2005
42 posts
Don't have a text plan on the phone. Be careful with texting STOP. Just call Rogers to block 3rd party service if you don't need it.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
10600 posts
1799 upvotes
Toronto
I bet every message they send you says to unsubscribe reply stop, try replying the word stop to them
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 12, 2004
10544 posts
1321 upvotes
Brampton
MAINMAN wrote: Don't have a text plan on the phone. Be careful with texting STOP. Just call Rogers to block 3rd party service if you need it.
Are you talking to yourself? ...... Someone had to sign up for it.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 63-0-0 and counting.
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 2, 2005
42 posts
Kris81 wrote: Why would you give Rogers a hard time? They are not the ones to blame.

It's like going to Wendy's drive through, ordering a double cheeseburger, they give you a single cheeseburger, and you are upset at Ford, because you drove your Focus to the drive through.
If some company charges your credit card 9.99 plus 20 cents (for the text) for a non service, I like my credit card to stop this company for doing this to other people.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 30, 2006
8728 posts
305 upvotes
Toronto
MAINMAN wrote: We did not subscribe to any service. I don't even know how this company got our number. This is a fraud and Rogers choose not to do anything.
This is what I hear every day. When in reality, people do sign up by not reading the fine print.
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 2, 2005
42 posts
D-Roc wrote: This is what I hear every day. When in reality, people do sign up by not reading the fine print.
This is my wife's phone. There is no text. She only uses the phone for email, maps and tomorrow gas. I have no idea how Ifortune got her mobile number.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 10, 2006
2835 posts
107 upvotes
I just got dingged by these guys also, I never subscribed to anything. I checked through my txt msgs and their was a spam message last month but the link in it was never clicked. this is BS btw I'm with Bell.
"Truth is High, Higher Still is Truthful Living" Guru Nanak
[OP]
Newbie
Apr 2, 2005
42 posts
ashs wrote: I just got dingged by these guys also, I never subscribed to anything. I checked through my txt msgs and their was a spam message last month but the link in it was never clicked. this is BS btw I'm with Bell.
I hope Bell can block the 3rd party service for you.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)