Scam - fake Roots site rootssale.club

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2020 12:02 pm
[OP]
Apr 12, 2016
6 posts
24 upvotes

Scam - fake Roots site rootssale.club

I clicked a Facebook ad and was directed to a site which looked very much like the legit Roots site. But the prices were so low that it made me suspicious. I then checked the URL and sure enough it's a fake site.
https://www.rootssale.club/
Last edited by TomRFD on May 29th, 2020 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added fake site to post
9 replies
Dec 11, 2012
42 posts
24 upvotes
TORONTO
Pakaya wrote: I clicked a Facebook ad and was directed to a site which looked very much like the legit Roots site. But the prices were so low that it made me suspicious. I then checked the URL and sure enough it's a fake site.
https://www.rootssale.club/
Yeap, it looks like fake site, I noticed that they use something like rootsonline.shop as well
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
15633 posts
3272 upvotes
Toronto
Definitely a fake site! Thanks for the good eye!
Most likely set up to take your money and never bother to send you anything...OR send you something fake!

The real deal if you want a discount can be found here, and only here: https://www.roots.com/ca/en/sale/ (The REAL Roots site!)
Apr 7, 2009
218 posts
82 upvotes
toronto
Just received one for:
rootsdiscount.shop
Jun 25, 2020
1 posts
my mom clicked on the link through facebook ad and spent 100 bucks, she did end up getting a package with a fake pair of raybans even though what she ordered was 2 purses, obviously this is a scam, i wish she had of told me before she ordered, but old people get scammed sometimes, trying to figure out what i can do, obviously there will be no way to get a refund from the faceless chinese corp that send the package out, but im wondering what if any my options are for going after facebook, im sure the chances of getting a dime back are slim to none, still bullshit that fake ads on a platform like facebook with so many old people using it scammed my mom out of 100bucks.
Jul 3, 2020
1 posts
To BrandonP43278: This happened to me and I disputed the charges on my credit card with my credit card company. They will investigate the charges and work to get my $100 refunded. I ordered 3 Roots purses and received a fake pair of Ray Ban sunglasses. I have signed my form to say goods not received (the purses) and then sent a further note stating that I received fake sunglasses from this Chinese company in Shanghai.

It's very frustrating but you need to dispute the charge with your bank.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
26344 posts
11782 upvotes
Man... scammers are too cheap to pay for a better domain....

.club is only a buck
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
11060 posts
124313 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

Just report it via whois or abuse to the registrar and they usually shut it down. Also reach out to Roots legal and abuse team...

Ju Leon...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)