• Apr 26th, 2020 3:02 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2007
1541 posts
36 upvotes
usa

Scanning function for Brother L3710CW

I recently bought the Brother L3710CW multifunction printer and it's connected to my home WiFi. I can print from my work laptop and iPhone. I'm trying to scan docs to my email but I don't see this option. I also didn't see this option in the manual. Does anyone know if it's possible, and how?
8 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
2360 posts
957 upvotes
Toronto
As the above person said, install the Brother Control Center software and set it up. I have a different Brother all in one. I have never used the email function but my wife tried it once and my computer tried to open Outlook (or some email software; which is not set up). It may need to use your computer to email the document. If this is the case then I find it's easier to just scan it in as a PDF file and then manually email the file out.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2007
1541 posts
36 upvotes
usa
I was hoping I can scan the docs to my email so I receive it on my phone.

I know it's possible on a HP. I did t know it's not possible on Brother.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1712 posts
2016 upvotes
ds2chan wrote: As the above person said, install the Brother Control Center software and set it up. I have a different Brother all in one. I have never used the email function but my wife tried it once and my computer tried to open Outlook (or some email software; which is not set up). It may need to use your computer to email the document. If this is the case then I find it's easier to just scan it in as a PDF file and then manually email the file out.
Have never looked into trying to email a scanned file directly. Have always saved the file before email. Makes more sense if I have multiple files, some which may have been scanned previously. It also makes it easier to find the file again at a later date.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6579 posts
2951 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
maple1 wrote: Have never looked into trying to email a scanned file directly. Have always saved the file before email. Makes more sense if I have multiple files, some which may have been scanned previously. It also makes it easier to find the file again at a later date.
Do same here with the Nuance Paperport software [comes with most Brother printers, not full version but suits most needs].

Using PP 12SE and works fine with W10. I installed full suite and then uninstalled most of the other Brother sw like CC as prefer PP.

Think newer printers probably come with 14SE.
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6579 posts
2951 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
maple1 wrote: Have never looked into trying to email a scanned file directly. Have always saved the file before email. Makes more sense if I have multiple files, some which may have been scanned previously. It also makes it easier to find the file again at a later date.
Do same here with the Nuance Paperport software [comes with most Brother printers, not full version but suits most needs].

Using PP 12SE and works fine with W10. I installed full suite and then uninstalled most of the other Brother sw like CC as prefer PP.

Think newer printers probably come with 14SE.
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.