Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
3692 posts
273 upvotes
B0000rt wrote: Lol

"Cilantro. The most offensive food known to man. "

I beg to differ! More offensive than Durian? :D :D
Durian is fairly tasty actually...

Another cilantro hater here, even small amounts ruin a dish for me.
Everything in moderation... including moderation :twisted:
Aug 9, 2006
620 posts
2 upvotes
i actually love cilantro. especially steamed with fish.
in fact, I can eat it by itself just quickly stir-fried with a lil oil and soy sauce.

it's asparagus that i'm not too crazy on and durian fruit.
Oh. And stinky tofu.
Deal Expert
Oct 10, 2006
22205 posts
137 upvotes
Victoria
Cilantro and durian rock!!
(but haven't tried them together tho')
May 25, 2006
145 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
yummy, great in soup and some dishes
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4995 posts
2427 upvotes
Markham
I can deal with it if it's mixed in but as a garnish it ruin's food for me, it has an overpowering taste.

Maybe I'll get used to it, I would like to so that it doesn't bother me and then for the nutritional benefits.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
297 upvotes
Midland
Some people might know cilantro by its other name, coriander.
I've had coriander before. I didn't know it was also called cilantro.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2005
1654 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
oh I LOVE cilantro. On the other hand, I'm not a fan of parsley.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
i love it...eat it with chicken(boiled chicken) and other dishes.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6989 upvotes
GTA
I love Cilantro, and I almost put it on everything as well, especially on fish when it has been doused with sweetened soy sauce, then doused with hot oil. I don't eat fish, mind you, just the cilantro and green onions on the fish haha =)
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
2040 posts
526 upvotes
'sauga
gordholio wrote: Some people might know cilantro by its other name, coriander.
I've had coriander before. I didn't know it was also called cilantro.
Coriander most often refers to the seeds of the plant; cilantro usually refers to the leaves.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
297 upvotes
Midland
I've read on the web that chilantro (coriander) is good for purging metals from the body, like mercury from vaccines.
I'd like to try some just for this effect.
I might buy some grow some plants in my apartment this summer.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2006
1144 posts
3 upvotes
North York
is Cilantro the stuff they put in pho?
Oct 27, 2006
420 posts
613 upvotes
BC
cilantro is indeed the stuff they put in pho. it's also in those viet subs.

the stuff has always tasted like detergent to me; I always pick it off my food whenver I see it added >.<
Deal Addict
May 6, 2006
1452 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
Quote from I hate Cilantro.com

"Thank God for IHateCilantro.com!! It's wonderful to know that one is neither crazy nor alone.

I have been the object of derision for years among my friends with reptilian palates who adore cilantro. When we go to a restaurant where the putrid weed is featured (just about everywhere), they stuff handfuls of the venemous foul substance into their mouths just to make me gag. They find this amusing, as they themselves can't seem to get enough of the stuff.

About a month ago, I had three traumatic cilantro experiences in the space of a week. In three different restaurants, I was served the demon weed after I had specifically requested decent, uncontaminated (cilantro-free) food. In one restaurant, after I expressed my disgust, the staff thought they could merely pick out the larger pieces from the soup and I wouldn't notice. WRONG!!! I can detect a single molecule of the toxic filth and won't hesitate to send any such polluted dish back to the kitchen.

We who are fortunate enough to reside at a point higher up on the evolutionary scale must speak up. If enough of us react violently when served even the most miniscle amount of the abomination called cilantro (even the sound of it is ugly), then maybe restaurants and hosts will think to offer it only to those who actually like it, limiting its distribution to the more limbic-brained among us. Eventually the mechanism of natural selection will cleanse the gene pool of those defectives who cannot recognize toxic substances that were never meant to be ingested except by the most primitive organisms.

Hopefully some catastrophic event will destroy all the cilantro on the planet, and we can live without fear and dread. "

- Karen Tani
United States
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9951 posts
2434 upvotes
Toronto
I love cilantro! I'll put it in everything.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2003
7931 posts
48 upvotes
Burnaby
ah
now we know the reason why, maybe its time to research a "cure" and convert the population to love cilantro
muahahahahaha :twisted:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)